Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Angel Baby

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2013
Pam Matt is definitely a two faced person. All of you who think she's trying to help the area are due for a rude awakening.

Working in the office for just a temporary time I learned fast how unorganized, mean and unprofessional she is.

She pretends to be a team player, but she really only cares about what the board and the members think of her.

She let me go for reasons I don't understand and acted really weird as if she had something personal she didn't like about me. I literally worked there for less than a day.

I would've understood if there was something I did wrong. But nothing, no explanation at all.

In my opinion she's going to destroy the MV Chamber. And isn't going to be doing anything to really help the community. She only wants to help herself.

While I was there I watched her scream at other employees. Acting childish and out of control.

First I was disappointed with the situation but with time to think it out I have decided I'm lucky to be out of her tourcher chamber.

Business's and community residents of The Mohawk Valley take warning. Pam Matt is not good for business.
Big deal

Utica, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2013
You got fired. Deal with it. If she's really as bad as you say everyone will see soon enough.
Bosnian Business

Utica, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2013
I was interested in making my business a member. Pam Matt could not clearly tell me benefits of the membership. Then she started making me feel like my business wasn't good enough.

I just want to help people with home repairs. Get the name out there. I not impressed with her conducting.
Long Time

Utica, NY

#4 Sep 14, 2013
I've known Pam Matt a long time, and she is definitely 2 faced. Doesn't have a handle on what she's doing and very abrasive to the people that work for/with her.
Inside scoop

Utica, NY

#5 Sep 15, 2013
Some of the board members are trying to get her out.
True

Newton Center, MA

#6 Sep 15, 2013
Let's get real here. The chamber does very little to help local businesses. They collect dues for cocktail parties
Choo Choo

Utica, NY

#7 Sep 15, 2013
I used to go to the Choo Choo for Charity. But I think they don't do it for a charity anymore and all the funds raised profit the Chamber.

Does anyone know if this is true?
New Bus

Utica, NY

#8 Sep 15, 2013
What does the chamber do for businesses? I'm just starting out. Can they help me? How?

Does anyone have a real opinion to share, good or bad?
U sure

Utica, NY

#9 Sep 15, 2013
True wrote:
Let's get real here. The chamber does very little to help local businesses. They collect dues for cocktail parties
I thought it was more like a swingers party. Haha!
Her best

Utica, NY

#10 Sep 16, 2013
Sure she's doing her best.
Ask Ellis

Wethersfield, CT

#11 Sep 16, 2013
He knows
Experiences

Utica, NY

#12 Sep 16, 2013
She seems really unstable from my experiences.
One Less Member

New Hartford, NY

#13 Sep 16, 2013
I stopped going to Chamber business afterhours some time ago partially because of the way the brewery refused to give me the opportunity to bid on a service they utilize. It was their treatment of me that I found upsetting. The final straw was when I attended one of these events and felt I was being extorted into drinking one of their products of which I'm not a fan of. Obviously, it all makes sense now. I applaud attempts to serve local products, but out of town brewers also utilize local distributors. So, in essence, I'm not going to support a self-serving monopoly.
Rotarian

New York, NY

#14 Sep 16, 2013
I've only known Pam for a short while and find her to be an excellent person. While my business is not currently a member of the Chamber; I think she's doing an fantastic job managing with our MV Chamber.
You simply were fired and are bitter; do yourself a favor and move on. You shouldn't take your recent termination so personally. There may have just been personality conflicts.
Just Curious

New Hartford, NY

#15 Sep 16, 2013
Rotarian wrote:
I've only known Pam for a short while and find her to be an excellent person. While my business is not currently a member of the Chamber; I think she's doing an fantastic job managing with our MV Chamber.
You simply were fired and are bitter; do yourself a favor and move on. You shouldn't take your recent termination so personally. There may have just been personality conflicts.
What benchmarks would one use to grade someone like her in terms of effectiveness?
Non Member

Utica, NY

#16 Sep 16, 2013
I didn't join the chamber when she asked me about it and the next time I saw her she was rude to me. I don't think I'll ever join because of this.

New York, NY

#17 Sep 16, 2013
The Choo Choo
Simple question Why would one not for profit help another when the chamber could also use the money
What

Utica, NY

#18 Sep 17, 2013
The Choo Choo doesn't benefit a Charity? Please tell me this is a lie.
who

Utica, NY

#19 Sep 17, 2013
Is Pam Matt the funeral Matt or the brewery Matt?
Never heard of her? Out if the loop.
Joe

Utica, NY

#20 Sep 17, 2013
My business is a Chamber member and I think she's very energetic about her job. At least someone in this city is positive. If you don't like her, don't deal with her. Simple enough. But if you were fired, that says more about your character and competence than it does Ms. Matt's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotel Utica Manager Matt Gaetano ARRESTED (AGAIN) 26 min Only in Utica 15
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 1 hr Dems Lie and Deny 83
Girl Double Teamed in Fuel's Mens room 1 hr oink 2
Louie lost his balls at Niagara Falls 3 hr Nondescript white op 2
What do UPD COPS DO AFTER SEX? 3 hr Coach Meola 5
SUNYPIE Sweety Tomato PI students need SPORTS M... 3 hr Sure thing Skippie 8
utica aud 5 hr Losing Interest 141
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 6 hr Adult-child 79
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 6 hr Always a sunny day 48
utica national (Jun '13) 12 hr Finished 524