Selkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Its good to see the local Republicans who have boxed themselves in a corner to support Cuomo.Good example is our county executive who is between a rock and hard place. Listening to him on wibx keeler he sounds like a Cuomo supporter. oh well friends with halbritter and friends with Cuomo what can you expect.Nothing wrong with that really as the same can be said of the local democrat split with Cuomo. It goes to show that there is no real democrat or republican parties in this hopeless area.Its the what you can do for me and my family and friends parties.Sad.
freebie the bean

Chittenango, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

You bring up a good point and it is really sad. But one thing all the pols in this area are all guilty of is schmoozing and sucking up to those in power or have alot of money. The only reason they talk with Halbritter is he's close to being a filthy rich billionaire with his playpen safely intact from the state or fed. govt. When Brindisi, a dem, ran for Assembly, Piss-ente came right out and supported him over the Republican candidate Greg Johnson. And Goof-o & Piss-ente both suck up to cuomo being a fellow pasta fazoo. No surprise! And the same dimbulbs keep getting elected by the ignorant voters here.
beef

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

yes so what it boils down to is that its everyone for themselves and party affiliation in this area means nothing but the fašade to get a vote. The principles to base a party platform means nothing to any of them . There might be an exception to a small few but not enough to matter.Who would in their right mind want t run for anything in this area but only to fill their pockets with what is left. This seems to be a big welfare county being led by the higher class who have to kiss ass up the fakes in Albany for a small bone and the lower class who are thrown a few bread crumbs to satisfy their laziness.And the stupid middle class voter who foots the tab for it all.New York is just a small player in the big game of a future presidential run by your highness and a unified state must be shown, so we are finally getting some help upstate.
STFU Cretin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Undenyable Truth wrote:
But you have the AMAZING Aud and the hockey!
and keep at your mammy's rancid clam before step daddy cancels the check.
Undenyable Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

I have nothing but a p i g mother who spent her life walking the street, so I wasn't raised with any manners. I'm just jealous of anyone who has more the a dollar.

Good thing my address shows as US so people don't see the ghetto town public housing dump where I live so I can bash any place I want.

I am a coward.
henry

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

R.I.N.O(. Republican in name only.)
Tim Julianski

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Griffo is opposed to and challenging the state's insistence on the COMMON"IST" CORE CURRICULUM, thankfully. However, I would like to have seen him make a loud and furious stand against "safe act"... I've broken bread with people I was ideologically and philosophically opposed to, but didn't make me a sell out.
bingo

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

All the previous comments are so true.
well

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Man it's horrible when these politicians support good ideas! They should only endorse ideas from there own party, what is this country coming too
freebie the bean

Verona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Republican Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact Picente never supported Brindisi. Picente and Griffo were co-hosts for a fundraiser for Greg Johnson a week before his election at the Hearts Hill inn.
Then I must've been getting bs from Johnson. I called Johnson a few weeks before the election and asked if he had any support from Joe Griffo. He said he did but he told me that Picente was supporting Brindisi for Assembly since this seat was being vacated by his Rome goombah, Roann Destito. I remember when Destito's husband died a few years back Picente was bawling his eyes out in the church. Thats when Johnson told me if elected, he would be supporting Rodger Potocki in the 2011 race for C.E. over Picente. Things didn't work out that way since Johnson lost and Potocki ran nothing that resembled a campaign against Picente that fall. Its a well known fact that Griffo, Picente & Destito are all best friends despite party affiliation.
Cretin dont worry

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

AnalCretinTalker wrote:
God you are a pathetic little Anal Cretin Cop Talker aren't you Officer Scumbagfuck? Maybe if YOUR mommy wasn't such a bird stupid copfukker who had to blow the force for food you wouldn't talk like a white trash cop championing flamer with thin skin from "OOOtica". on't cry to us bitch you chose that life and obviously you're enjoying wallowing in it like the oootica white lowlife you and your family are booo fkcn hoo lol!<quoted text>
Cliffy will be back soon and you can get some of that azzz juice to calm you down. Keep it together until then by nose planting yourself in your mammy's clam crack. Lolololol
wow

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

are they in it for the people or themselves and family
Prison Rilla Wifebeater

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Lowlife live as lowlife vote!
Enjoy... u asked for it!
No More Double Talk

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

The fact is that the area pretty much exists from receiving tax dollars in the form of aid and programs. We are a government welfare program right up to the taxpayer financed nano center. The area politicians must cozy up to who is in power in Albany and DC. Combine this with the incestuous relationships among Rome politicians and it is clear that there is no two party system here. Those in office are only concerned with protecting their salaries, perks and power. That is one reason we have disappeared as a growing, prosperous area.
No More Double Talk

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

freebie the bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I must've been getting bs from Johnson. I called Johnson a few weeks before the election and asked if he had any support from Joe Griffo. He said he did but he told me that Picente was supporting Brindisi for Assembly since this seat was being vacated by his Rome goombah, Roann Destito. I remember when Destito's husband died a few years back Picente was bawling his eyes out in the church. Thats when Johnson told me if elected, he would be supporting Rodger Potocki in the 2011 race for C.E. over Picente. Things didn't work out that way since Johnson lost and Potocki ran nothing that resembled a campaign against Picente that fall. Its a well known fact that Griffo, Picente & Destito are all best friends despite party affiliation.
It take money to run an effective campaig. How much did you contribute? Many who complain and complain do not come up with a dime. Talk is cheap!
Frustrated Utican

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

And, Utica people keep voting in those who work against their interests.
freebie the bean

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

No More Double Talk wrote:
<quoted text> It take money to run an effective campaig. How much did you contribute? Many who complain and complain do not come up with a dime. Talk is cheap!
Some years ago I made a contribution to Potocki's campaign against S. Boehlert. And right before the election or primary (can't remember which is was) Potocki mysteriously drops out. It was an above-average donation, too. And then when Dr. Walrath ran against Boehlert Potocki ended up endorsing his old nemesis Boehlert, going with the old credo, "Better the devil you know then the one you don't" So don't tell me not to complain. There will never be any change in this area as long as the local puppet masters and the Albany puppet masters control every facet of power and political position.
louie

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Frustrated Utican wrote:
And, Utica people keep voting in those who work against their interests.
both parties are infested and for what they can grab for themselves. THE LOCAL DEM ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE REPUBLICANS. They only are against each other because whoever is in control of the majority is grabbing more for themselves and their cronies. The minority is jealous because it gets less. All politicians are just as bad as used car salesmen.
huntz hall

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

louie wrote:
<quoted text>both parties are infested and for what they can grab for themselves. THE LOCAL DEM ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE REPUBLICANS. They only are against each other because whoever is in control of the majority is grabbing more for themselves and their cronies. The minority is jealous because it gets less. All politicians are just as bad as used car salesmen.
Your entire post is sad but true. All the local pols are just perpetuating their own job security....the taxpayer be damned!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Georgio's - great food and vino 10 min Fred and Ethel 79
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 38 min Fat Tony Salerno 67
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 45 min Please Explain 51
Travers Stakes (Aug '13) 47 min Down The Stretch 28
utica aud 50 min Umm OK 89
Riggies Hobby 53 min Dead Region 5
Should Police Officers Wear Cameras 54 min Makes Zero Sense 8
Raspberry owner divorcing what happened? 1 hr Pitter Pat Cuse ny 7
Police Officers 9 hr just because 18
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 10 hr Oh well 95