Gail Sfeir-Deli-Holland Farms

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anonymous

Syracuse, NY

#1 Dec 10, 2013
I'm writing this post to the customers Gail served and worked with throughout her 19 years of working at Holland Farms. She wants everyone to know how much she enjoyed talking, laughing and serving her customers. She recently resigned (not retired) from her job and is doing well.
She was always happy to get to know her customers and did what she could to have them leave HF with smiles on their faces.

Thank you for making her job so special to her.
Brenda C

Utica, NY

#2 Dec 10, 2013
Awwww tell her we all love and miss her!
anonymous

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 10, 2013
She is still very upset that she didn't get a chance to say good-bye!
She gave them her 30 day notice and they made it effective immediately.
Tazmania

Clockville, NY

#4 Dec 10, 2013
anonymous wrote:
She is still very upset that she didn't get a chance to say good-bye!
She gave them her 30 day notice and they made it effective immediately.
If this is true it's just another reason why Holland Farms has been going downhill for a while now. I stopped going about 6 months ago because I got sick of seeing Gail serve 5 people before the young ones served 1 maybe 2 customers. They always stand around talking.
headlight frosted cookie

United States

#5 Dec 10, 2013
Not the Gail that pours coffee. She is wonderful. I go there once a week.
anonymous

Utica, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2013
Gail who ran the deli....
btw

Windham, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2013
Miss , u Gail!!..u where the best!!...Only went there because of ur personality!.. prices sucked for a sandwich...almost six bucks...better off going to Tonys or any where else!...at least it is a lunch!...not. an appatizer!!
anonymous

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 10, 2013
I will make sure she sees these comments! It will make her feel very good!
WOW!

Utica, NY

#10 Dec 11, 2013
WOW!
Such A Shame

Rome, NY

#11 Dec 11, 2013
I hope somebody over there at HF reads this stuff on there- wayyyy overpriced items with only a few any better than other store's garbage, and now this nonsense with Gail. I would go there mayyybe once a month anymore, unlike once a week a few years ago. Gail is always just about the friendliest, hardest working one out front. Many times I'd be kept waiting by someone else, often younger, and Gail would come over, call me hun and see about speeding it up for me. She's a great multi-tasker. Should've been the manager! I'm telling you this is the last straw for me. No more HF. Tomato Pie, garlic olives, pasta slads, etc, and fresh breads and canolis- Napolis; cold cuts, cold cuts/meat ends and garlic salads and fresh bread- Roma; canolis, pusties and Italian cookies- Florentine and/or Roman Pastry Shop/Franklin Hotel; donuts, cakes, pies, pastries- Star Bakery; Lobster Tails- Vescio's or Cafe CaNole/Nole's.
WOW!

Utica, NY

#12 Dec 11, 2013
Such A Shame wrote:
I hope somebody over there at HF reads this stuff on there- wayyyy overpriced items with only a few any better than other store's garbage, and now this nonsense with Gail. I would go there mayyybe once a month anymore, unlike once a week a few years ago. Gail is always just about the friendliest, hardest working one out front. Many times I'd be kept waiting by someone else, often younger, and Gail would come over, call me hun and see about speeding it up for me. She's a great multi-tasker. Should've been the manager! I'm telling you this is the last straw for me. No more HF. Tomato Pie, garlic olives, pasta slads, etc, and fresh breads and canolis- Napolis; cold cuts, cold cuts/meat ends and garlic salads and fresh bread- Roma; canolis, pusties and Italian cookies- Florentine and/or Roman Pastry Shop/Franklin Hotel; donuts, cakes, pies, pastries- Star Bakery; Lobster Tails- Vescio's or Cafe CaNole/Nole's.
They do read these and I will let her know what you wrote.
The poor woman was crying because she wasn 't given a chance to say goodbye to her customers.
Tarnished Saint

Malone, NY

#13 Dec 11, 2013
We will miss you.
Nosey As Heck

Utica, NY

#14 Dec 11, 2013
Somethings fishy. Why, after 19 yrs there, did Gail decide to 'resign'?
Anonymous

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 12, 2013
Nosey As Heck wrote:
It's a long story, but it was being made very difficult for her to do her job.
Here 24 7

Rome, NY

#16 Dec 12, 2013
Nosey As Heck wrote:
Probably because she couldn't bear to see her customers get fleeced with price gouging, inferior products/ingredients, mis-dating items to fool the customers into buying "old" goods as fresh (this happens way more than you think). Probably terrible, customer "unfriendly" practices/policies like if an item falls on the floor, dust it off and resell, etc. Instead of remain part of the greedy scam her conscious wouldn't allow her to remain in good faith. Unlike those in say government, for example, who sell us all out and down the river for personal gain, she chose to either resign and/or be a whistle blower despite what it might cost her. My guess is, she respectfully voiced her disgust, dismay and criticisms as well as useful suggestions and was warned and/or rebuffed, prompting her to resign on her own friendly terms. THE HF owners/management's pride and ego couldn't let her have her dignity or leave on her terms, so they instantly fired her. I'm sure they also warned her of reprisals of some sort if she were to blab and hurt the business publically to keep it all hush hush and innocent... Just may take- NOT SAYING I KNOW WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE... Haha!
Anonymous

Syracuse, NY

#17 Dec 12, 2013
Here 24 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because she couldn't bear to see her customers get fleeced with price gouging, inferior products/ingredients, mis-dating items to fool the customers into buying "old" goods as fresh (this happens way more than you think). Probably terrible, customer "unfriendly" practices/policies like if an item falls on the floor, dust it off and resell, etc. Instead of remain part of the greedy scam her conscious wouldn't allow her to remain in good faith. Unlike those in say government, for example, who sell us all out and down the river for personal gain, she chose to either resign and/or be a whistle blower despite what it might cost her. My guess is, she respectfully voiced her disgust, dismay and criticisms as well as useful suggestions and was warned and/or rebuffed, prompting her to resign on her own friendly terms. THE HF owners/management's pride and ego couldn't let her have her dignity or leave on her terms, so they instantly fired her. I'm sure they also warned her of reprisals of some sort if she were to blab and hurt the business publically to keep it all hush hush and innocent... Just may take- NOT SAYING I KNOW WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE... Haha!
I could add to your list but won't because there is MUCH more to the story. She was treated BEYOND badly....
Lips of an Angel

Utica, NY

#18 Dec 12, 2013
I know gail too! I wondered why she wasn't there now. I don't care for hollands like I used to, and she always made for a sweet shopping experience. My husband told me the story was here on Topix if I wanted to learn about it. If any of this is true they should not stay in business. This is terrible and so sad.
Anonymous

Syracuse, NY

#19 Dec 12, 2013
Lips of an Angel wrote:
I know gail too! I wondered why she wasn't there now. I don't care for hollands like I used to, and she always made for a sweet shopping experience. My husband told me the story was here on Topix if I wanted to learn about it. If any of this is true they should not stay in business. This is terrible and so sad.
I'll print out this thread and give it to her when I see her.
Had the circumstances been MUCH different, she would have kept working. It was very difficult for her to keep working there under those circumstances.
Anonymous

Syracuse, NY

#20 Dec 12, 2013
Here 24 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because she couldn't bear to see her customers get fleeced with price gouging, inferior products/ingredients, mis-dating items to fool the customers into buying "old" goods as fresh (this happens way more than you think). Probably terrible, customer "unfriendly" practices/policies like if an item falls on the floor, dust it off and resell, etc. Instead of remain part of the greedy scam her conscious wouldn't allow her to remain in good faith. Unlike those in say government, for example, who sell us all out and down the river for personal gain, she chose to either resign and/or be a whistle blower despite what it might cost her. My guess is, she respectfully voiced her disgust, dismay and criticisms as well as useful suggestions and was warned and/or rebuffed, prompting her to resign on her own friendly terms. THE HF owners/management's pride and ego couldn't let her have her dignity or leave on her terms, so they instantly fired her. I'm sure they also warned her of reprisals of some sort if she were to blab and hurt the business publically to keep it all hush hush and innocent... Just may take- NOT SAYING I KNOW WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE... Haha!
For legal purposes, I am being vague on purpose. She has absolutely nothing to do with my starting this thread.
This thread is my way of easing her mind. The entire experience was very traumatic for her. People have told her the story is she 'retired'....that is absolutely untrue.
Just Saying

Utica, NY

#21 Dec 12, 2013
those women owners are cut throats

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrat Leadership Cause of Utica Poverty 56 min Apathy 23
Clinton Gets First Security Briefing (Frighteni... 59 min Union Member 6
Raises for county politicians 1 hr Mike 12
Pissente's long term contract with a crook 1 hr We Need Preet 8
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 1 hr The Microscope 15
St. E's vs Nurses 1 hr New nurse 10
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 1 hr Clinton Foundation 55
Mayors $20,000 raise 1 hr Tony 32
Easy bartenders 4 hr yes 23
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 11 hr Lkm 242