and is he a god teacher
High School Grad

Syracuse, NY

#2 Apr 13, 2011
He is a big bs''er
IAMMERUU

Camillus, NY

#3 Apr 13, 2011
He's definitely a big bs"er and a con-artist!
wondering

New Hartford, NY

#4 Apr 13, 2011
he told me that he was a former Army special forces
sniper, and was an expert at teaching fire arms, and
he could help me get a concealed weapons permit if I
took extra classes with him. Seems like a great guy, said that he worked closely with the Judge who signed off on the permits
DRN
Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 13, 2011
1. I don't know anything about his past so, unlike most people here, I won't make anything up about him.

2. You do need to take a firearms safety course to get a carry licence, but the extra classes may be helpful but are not necessary.

3. A concealed carry permit is NOT based on the number of courses you take. There are a few reasons a concealed carry permit will be granted, such as working as a P.I. or working with large amounts of cash/jewelry, but it is not guaranteed, and they rarely grant them for reasons not articulated in the rules.

4. The judge in Oneida County who grants/denies permits is Michael Dwyer, who is a very large a$$hole, so good luck with that.
PRC

Dallas, TX

#6 Apr 13, 2011
We know. It's the people who don't know it that he cleans out of money using his lies.
DRN wrote:
1. I don't know anything about his past so, unlike most people here, I won't make anything up about him.
2. You do need to take a firearms safety course to get a carry licence, but the extra classes may be helpful but are not necessary.
3. A concealed carry permit is NOT based on the number of courses you take. There are a few reasons a concealed carry permit will be granted, such as working as a P.I. or working with large amounts of cash/jewelry, but it is not guaranteed, and they rarely grant them for reasons not articulated in the rules.
4. The judge in Oneida County who grants/denies permits is Michael Dwyer, who is a very large a$$hole, so good luck with that.
Lemmy

Ithaca, NY

#7 Apr 13, 2011
He also makes you purchase you supplies from him and he isn't even a product dealer and we can just buy the stuff ourselves. I found out he charges way more that the stuff costs retail after shopping around.
Dave

Long Eddy, NY

#8 Apr 13, 2011
I liked Larry. I have been through many training courses over the years, covering many topics and Larry does a good job.
Ricky

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2011
Larry is a fat scum bag con artist his classes are terrible save money and time go to gander and sign up for there class no one will be denied a pistol permit based on where you took your class only if you have a criminal record
Eddie Van Halen

Ithaca, NY

#10 Apr 13, 2011
Ricky wrote:
Larry is a fat scum bag con artist his classes are terrible save money and time go to gander and sign up for there class no one will be denied a pistol permit based on where you took your class only if you have a criminal record
Do they do armed guard classes?
Duh

Utica, NY

#11 Apr 13, 2011
Larry has trained the Secret Service, FBI and the CIA...he's a legend in his own mind...
Sam

Rome, NY

#12 Apr 13, 2011
wondering wrote:
he told me that he was a former Army special forces
sniper, and was an expert at teaching fire arms, and
he could help me get a concealed weapons permit if I
took extra classes with him. Seems like a great guy, said that he worked closely with the Judge who signed off on the permits
Just ask him to show you his DD-214 and stand back LOL
right larry do you still have your sniper rifle from the army, you know the one they had to retire cause you where the only one who could use it ROFL
Sam

Rome, NY

#13 Apr 13, 2011
DRN wrote:
Judge M. Dwyer is not a AS*HOLE he follows the letter of the law when it comes to pistol permits he will issuse you a permit
you have to fill out all the paper work take the hand gun safety class the problem you do not remember Judge buckley be carefull what you wish for the next judge may be worst
Dumas

Burnt Hills, NY

#14 Apr 13, 2011
DRN wrote:
Extra classes are not at all helpful. The NRA Basic Pistol Course is all one needs to complete in order to meet the prerequisite necessary to submit an application for a CCW in Oneida County. ALL pistol permits issued in New York State are of the concealed carry variety. The difference is whether or not the judge places restrictions on the permit. It is most common to obtain your CCW with restrictions, limiting you to carry while jogging, hunting, camping, hiking, etc. Your permit will be stamped as such. The vast majority of CCWs in Oneida County are issued this way. A non-restricted, full-carry permit is rare. One would have to make a viable case to the judge in writing justifying such a request.
wondering

New Hartford, NY

#15 Apr 13, 2011
So Larry never served in the Army? Why would he lie about something like that? He seems so sincere about being a veteran. I do not believe it. What kind of proof do you have that he is not telling the truth. He knows too much about the military. You people must be wrong about this man.
DRN
Level 6

Location hidden

#16 Apr 14, 2011
Dumas wrote:
<quoted text>
Extra classes are not at all helpful. The NRA Basic Pistol Course is all one needs to complete in order to meet the prerequisite necessary to submit an application for a CCW in Oneida County. ALL pistol permits issued in New York State are of the concealed carry variety. The difference is whether or not the judge places restrictions on the permit. It is most common to obtain your CCW with restrictions, limiting you to carry while jogging, hunting, camping, hiking, etc. Your permit will be stamped as such. The vast majority of CCWs in Oneida County are issued this way. A non-restricted, full-carry permit is rare. One would have to make a viable case to the judge in writing justifying such a request.
Talk about dumbass ...

1. I didn't say they were helpful for getting the permit. I simply said they were helpful and not required, Dumbass.

2. There is a difference between a carry permit and a concealed carry permit, Dumbass.

3. A concealed carry is just that - you can carry it concealed. Any other pistol permit requires that you transport, not carry, the pistol unloaded and separate from the ammunition, Dumbass.

See: 400.00 Licenses to carry, possess, repair and dispose of firearms.

2. Types of licenses. A license for gunsmith or dealer in firearms shall be issued to engage in such business. A license for a pistol or revolver, other than an assault weapon or a disguised gun, shall be issued to

(a) have and possess in his dwelling by a householder;

(b) have and possess in his place of business by a merchant or storekeeper;

(c) have and carry concealed while so employed by a messenger employed by a banking institution or express company;

(d) have and carry concealed by a justice of the supreme court in the first or second judicial departments, or by a judge of the New York city civil court or the New York city criminal court;

(e) have and carry concealed while so employed by a regular employee of an institution of the state, or of any county, city, town or village, under control of a commissioner of correction of the city or any warden, superintendent or head keeper of any state prison, penitentiary, workhouse, county jail or other institution for the detention of persons convicted or accused of crime or held as witnesses in criminal cases, provided that application is made therefor by such commissioner, warden, superintendent or head keeper;

(f) have and carry concealed, without regard to employment or
place of possession, by any person when proper cause exists for the issuance thereof; and

(g) have, possess, collect and carry antique pistols which are defined as follows:
Sam

Rome, NY

#17 Apr 14, 2011
wondering wrote:
So Larry never served in the Army? Why would he lie about something like that? He seems so sincere about being a veteran. I do not believe it. What kind of proof do you have that he is not telling the truth. He knows too much about the military. You people must be wrong about this man.
Larry is a know it all Just ask him to see his DD-214 and watch the him dance around showing you it.
and i do not need to prove he was not in the service,
he needs to prove all of the lies he tells to every one
how he w-is a vet and a sniper ROFL
Casual Observer

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Apr 14, 2011
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge M. Dwyer is not a AS*HOLE he follows the letter of the law when it comes to pistol permits he will issuse you a permit
you have to fill out all the paper work take the hand gun safety class the problem you do not remember Judge buckley be carefull what you wish for the next judge may be worst
I have to disagree. Dwyer will ONLY issue restricted permits which is Unconstitutional. I'm in Law Enforcement and I still have restrictions on my permit. So, it's ok for me to carry a gun on the job, but once I'm off the job I become some threat? Pistol Licensing in Oneida County is a joke.
Sam

Rome, NY

#20 Apr 14, 2011
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree. Dwyer will ONLY issue restricted permits which is Unconstitutional. I'm in Law Enforcement and I still have restrictions on my permit. So, it's ok for me to carry a gun on the job, but once I'm off the job I become some threat? Pistol Licensing in Oneida County is a joke.
Well if you are Law enforcement then the Restricted permit means nothing to yourself
cause you can carry on your badge (c-form) right
and oneida county is not the only one putting restriction on permits
DRN
Level 6

Location hidden

#21 Apr 14, 2011
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry is a know it all Just ask him to see his DD-214 and watch the him dance around showing you it.
and i do not need to prove he was not in the service,
he needs to prove all of the lies he tells to every one
how he w-is a vet and a sniper ROFL
I'm a vet and if anyone asks to see my DD-214, just as if they'd ask to see my SSN, I'd tell them to take a hike. Besides, I don't carry either one on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watch out for your daughters 10 min Pygmy Orange 2
Former Oneida County Legislator changes party 19 min RINOs everywhere 1
Sama Nano Announcement Different Year 20 min Dunkin donuts 3
DRUMPF is a FAILURE, suck it up 29 min Trump said its Ri... 1
Obama flees back to Kenya as wire-tapping and t... 54 min Hans 7
100 million for 300 jobs 1 hr Tums 23
Nano-same announcement 1 hr O no 3
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr Human Landfill 157
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr Real Rubics Cube 934
Two Utica cops beat up 15 year kid on Albany st... 2 hr kinetic kat 25
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 2 hr Whitetey Nano Fail 56

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages