RCIL's Newest Addition Executive Dire...
Record on Phones

Omaha, NE

#23 Apr 14, 2014
Record her outrages and screaming tantrums by using your phones to collect evidence. It was said this was done at GRC in Iowa. Not one person, but so many that DesMoines could no longer ignore it, especially to the extent she was abusing her power. She was ignoring federal regulations and laws. She got so out of control, the Governor of Iowa was getting heat for her, he had his own shenanigans being outed that he couldn't have more heat put on him caused by Zvia. (GRC staff put her resume on all sites to get her name out there, hoping that somebody would hire her away.) She stated that she was not planning on going anywhere, then a week later there was an announcement that she 'found' a job in NYC and was moving there. There is and has always been speculation that she was asked to resign, but nobody will admit it. The people that were above her in DesMoines are trying to cover their own tracks, saying they were not aware of anything she was doing at GRC. Feigning ignorance of her abuse, etc. They are getting an eyeful and an earful every time something else comes to light that Zvia broke, mismanaged, or contaminated. Even the man running the GRC as an interim can see how incompetent she was as a leader. he was one of her biggest supporters, even threw people under the bus on multiple occasions to save himself from attention. Nobody is sorry she's gone. Keep your heads up and work together, strength in numbers. Do not let her divide you, it makes you weaker, ban together. There will always be people that will be her minions, but they are weak and incompetent usually. Be careful, many of them at GRC found out they have no power and are now standing alone because of their actions under Zvia. Good luck. We are so thankful that you, too have an incompetent board that 'stole' her away from Iowa. We are still giddy with relief. She came into GRC the same way she came into your facility, she was hired, no real background checks, nothing. There was an agenda by Brandstad to close the facility, we are sure of that, perhaps your board has a similar agenda. Zvia is a very capable wrecking ball, she has no real knowledge, but she can destroy, the best way to take apart a large structure is by the foundation. Don't let her tear apart the staff, it's how she gets her dirty work done. You are so busy fighting and reporting that you aren't watching what she is really doing. It's a disgrace, she needs to go home to where she came from.
With gratitude

Utica, NY

#24 Apr 14, 2014
We cAn certainly understand your happiness over her leaving. We are a strong group and pride ourselves in out RCIL family values! We appreciate all if the information it will serve us well! There are always a few that will do ANYTHING to further their own interests, mainly as you stated because they are incapable or lack the training/knowledge to better themselves! Thank you for your support from Afar !!
sick of rcil

Rome, NY

#25 Apr 15, 2014
at one time rcil was a great place to work and provided a vast services to the people and business in the Utica area. Through the years the services was stopped and only certain disability continued to be funded. The place was always top heavy with managers who positions should not have been funded. The last few years, there was not money for raises, but the managers were eligible for bonus instead of being fair across the board. its very sad that this business is suffering from poor leadership and greedy, backstabbing supervisors who lie and cheat their staff. The director of HR, finance, and employment are jokes to the community and now the new director of RCIL. very sad
Another RCIL Employee

Syracuse, NY

#26 Apr 15, 2014
There are many wonderful dedicated RCIL employees who are sincerely working towards helping their consumers. We work for a very low pay while managers get huge bonuses. Those who are at the bottom of the pay scale fear losing their jobs. Now we can't even say hello to each other in the halls for fear of being accused of not working. The place has gone downhill fast.
Anon

Syracuse, NY

#27 Apr 15, 2014
Another RCIL Employee wrote:
There are many wonderful dedicated RCIL employees who are sincerely working towards helping their consumers. We work for a very low pay while managers get huge bonuses. Those who are at the bottom of the pay scale fear losing their jobs. Now we can't even say hello to each other in the halls for fear of being accused of not working. The place has gone downhill fast.
I am curious and I value your opinion. Should someone with a disability apply to posted positions at RCIL, or is there a hidden agenda by the new director to filter out those with disabilities? I have already read the info from the Iowa agency,aka Glenmore. My disability is not obvious. I am college educated with years of Human Service experience. Thanks!
Anon

Syracuse, NY

#28 Apr 15, 2014
I mean Glenwood. Thanks
Grievances

Omaha, NE

#29 Apr 16, 2014
Another thing that GRC did was file grievances. The State of Iowa has one of those piss poor unions you hear so much about. The employees became so frustrated and rebellious they were filing grievances daily on their supervisors. Thinking that all issues, rules/regs were from their bosses. (yeah, right, like Zvia would let anybody make an independent decision without her meddling and messing it all up) If you file a grievance against the Administrator, an outside agency has to investigate, it can't be done by an internal group. The staff finally wised up and filed grievances directly against her. Some of the staff finally realized that all the issues and 'rules' and firings weren't coming from their direct supervisors. It was all a result of one of Zvia's new rules or regs. She had many new rules, procedures, etc........, she even changed some of the state policies to ridiculous 45 page documents. It makes you wonder if she doesn't have some kind of mental diagnosis a comes schizophrenia comes to mind......not a joke, not at all. She put together an investigative team to work on 'complaints' filed by staff or clients. This is who I refer to when I say that grievances filed against her can't be internally reviewed. She was also able to brain wash and manipulate the internal investigative team. She got rid of one maintenance supervisor for no good reason and without following the correct procedures put in place by the state, but she managed to make it stick. This was a move for her to be able to fire anybody for any reason, without following due process. Thank God she was gone before she could get that accomplished. I think this is all I can think of that might help. Keep plowing forward.
Ready to Fight

Utica, NY

#30 Apr 16, 2014
What Zvia doesn't seem to realize...1. New York State is highly regulated. we who have lived and worked here work within the regulations and do great work following the rules! 2. Zvia has invaded an agency that has a great legacy. Does she really think the employees are going to roll over and let her destroy what Burt built? 3. The employees are beginning to see her tactics; not just at the top but throughout the workforce. Zvia doesn't seem to realize that we really are a very cohesive group that have worked together for years. Many of the employees have been here for years and some of the employees have history at other places in CNY and KNOW their competence, experience and professional demeanor. Zvia doesn't exhibit any of those traits. We fear for the future of RCIL but we are also fighters. We fight for the rights of people that can't fight for themselves, We will stand up to Zvia's insults, tone, unprofessionalism and downright bullying, Hey Zvia! You've met your match...we New Yorkers do not take things lightly, You came to a place with seasoned, experience, QUALIFIED employees. Too bad you don't really fit that criteria. But the same board that failed to properly vet you will be the same board that will oust you and send you on your way. Make no mistake Dragon Lady...YOU HAVE MET YOUR MATCH!
Keep the Vision

Utica, NY

#31 Apr 17, 2014
Ready to Fight wrote:
What Zvia doesn't seem to realize...1. New York State is highly regulated. we who have lived and worked here work within the regulations and do great work following the rules! 2. Zvia has invaded an agency that has a great legacy. Does she really think the employees are going to roll over and let her destroy what Burt built? 3. The employees are beginning to see her tactics; not just at the top but throughout the workforce. Zvia doesn't seem to realize that we really are a very cohesive group that have worked together for years. Many of the employees have been here for years and some of the employees have history at other places in CNY and KNOW their competence, experience and professional demeanor. Zvia doesn't exhibit any of those traits. We fear for the future of RCIL but we are also fighters. We fight for the rights of people that can't fight for themselves, We will stand up to Zvia's insults, tone, unprofessionalism and downright bullying, Hey Zvia! You've met your match...we New Yorkers do not take things lightly, You came to a place with seasoned, experience, QUALIFIED employees. Too bad you don't really fit that criteria. But the same board that failed to properly vet you will be the same board that will oust you and send you on your way. Make no mistake Dragon Lady...YOU HAVE MET YOUR MATCH!
We are now seeing some of this fighting spirit concerning the recent change payroll directive. If there is a law, and something even smells of discrimination, we are right on it. My hat goes off to the 2 employees that have challenged this new directive and found a law to do so! As I had said previously, we are capable of fighting a fight, and have the knowledge and tools to do so.
Been There Done That

Crescent, IA

#32 Apr 17, 2014
Worked there wrote:
Was a great place but had another opportunity. Was considering coming back but wth! Can you write the board? I remember Beth Bowers was one and Roann are they still there am sure they would not agree with all of that ...will see if I can point them to the site!!
Well Worked there, I think you may be on the right track. Your news paper can help and eventually a lawyer will be needed. Those of you over 30 be aware, if you are even close to retiring they will force you out ahead of time. All supervisory staff will be against you. Trust NO ONE. Sounds a bit paranoid, eh? Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!! It WILL get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.
Seek the truth

Atlantic, IA

#33 Apr 17, 2014
Please send a copy of the article from the Des Moines Register to your Executive aboard about the lawsuit of a deaf woman who sued and was awarded $45,000.00. She was not hired per ZM's instruction BECAUSE she was deaf. Also, print out the articles about how Glenwood was the most fined facility in Iowa--thousands in fines. Has she tried to remove your Christmas decorations yet? One of her first attempted "improvements" at Glenwood. All of the people living there are Christians. Rumor is people used cell phones to tape record her abusive and harrassing demeanor. Implying Americans are lazy, overpaid, when you express your opinion you are wrong, etc.
Keep the Vision

Utica, NY

#34 Apr 18, 2014
Seek the truth wrote:
Please send a copy of the article from the Des Moines Register to your Executive aboard about the lawsuit of a deaf woman who sued and was awarded $45,000.00. She was not hired per ZM's instruction BECAUSE she was deaf. Also, print out the articles about how Glenwood was the most fined facility in Iowa--thousands in fines. Has she tried to remove your Christmas decorations yet? One of her first attempted "improvements" at Glenwood. All of the people living there are Christians. Rumor is people used cell phones to tape record her abusive and harrassing demeanor. Implying Americans are lazy, overpaid, when you express your opinion you are wrong, etc.
We cannot find the article concerning the Deaf woman. Difficult to find specific articles that may be archived by now, do you have a means of access? She was only here about a month when Christmas came around so pretty sure she was still becoming acclimated with upper management meetings and such so didn't have opportunity to take notice of much of the goings on of the "regular" staff. A great deal of unrest though, and yes many have experienced her "abrasive" responses when trying to explain or clarify something that they are fully qualified to do. Way too many similarities between what occurred at Glenwood and now what is occurring at RCIL.
Unionize

Herkimer, NY

#35 Apr 18, 2014
A union needs to be formed immediately. It's the only way to protect the workers.
faith

Agawam, MA

#36 Apr 18, 2014
While I was reading this I thought you were describing The COO. she is a bully, yells, has no degrees...she looks in other departments for issues so people are not paying attention to her lack of skills.
Unfaithfully spoken

Cambridge, MA

#37 Apr 18, 2014
faith wrote:
While I was reading this I thought you were describing The COO. she is a bully, yells, has no degrees...she looks in other departments for issues so people are not paying attention to her lack of skills.
The topic here is the predicament of the staff at RCIL under the new RULER less than 6 month reign and look what she has accomplished. No credentials, micromanagement at best, and gathering if the cronies from hr and finance to assist her...wouldn't their time be better served looking for the missing money ? Did you get a raise? Can what you earn sustain your family ? Start another topic with who ever you wish this one is for the workIng CLASS. If you have a constructive answer as to our dilemma please leave it! If not BYE!
Fact finder

Cambridge, MA

#38 Apr 19, 2014
Everyone dislikes someone ....let's share facts here! Many things have been uncovered surrounding The new boss and her way of monopolizing staff for her personal gain! Are you a pawn? Some are it's so obvious...let them! It's the only way they can cover up their in-adequacy ! It will all come to light no matter what they do !
Fact # 1
We went from an executive director with a PHD to a social worker
Fact # 2
She isn't people friendly and doesn't want to hear from "lower" staff.
Fact # 3
She finds those that are weak and seek her approval to help cover up their screw ups. They bully staff she allows it and nothing moves forward . Staff are blamed for all wrong not her covert TEAM off a&! Kissers!
Please add the facts as you see them try not to be directed off topic please just ignore the stupidity!
Anon

Syracuse, NY

#39 Apr 19, 2014
What's going on with the hidden cameras to surveil employees? This is grounds for a lawsuit. DOCUMENT DOCUMENT and observe. If we stick together, and not stoop to her level, we will not only survive but thrive!!
Facts are facts

Cambridge, MA

#40 Apr 19, 2014
Fact #4
We have no voice under the new boss! Retreat...ahhahahaha ! No more what do you think and your opinions are valued. We have been told we go to our supervisor and they go to her. She does not want to hear from us only the upper managers that have her ear!!
roflmao UNION

Crescent, IA

#41 Apr 19, 2014
Unionize wrote:
A union needs to be formed immediately. It's the only way to protect the workers.
A Union? Really??? We have a Union and they are worthless!!!! For info, go to DesMoines Register. Type in Glenwood Resource Center You'll see what you are looking for
Faith

Omaha, NE

#42 Apr 20, 2014
To the people of RCIL, trust us from Iowa, she doesn't value what your supervisors say either. She may not want to hear from the front line staff, but she won't listen to any supervisors either. Some agree with her to survive, others end up beaten down like you. Like you, we saw her gross incompetence early on. Unfortunately, as a government facility with her superiors half way across the state, they couldn't see it. The community did not support her. She did not shop in our community, nor did she participate in community events, shoot she even drove a car with Florida plates the whole time she was here. She is a micromanager, and if you look up the definition of a micromanager, you will see it fits Z to a tee. She is in over her head. Find sympathetic board members you can trust. What about your previous CEO Burt, can he help? Otherwise, document and record conversations. Band together and don't back bite, her goal is to beat down and divide and conquer. And, don't underestimate the power of prayer. St Jude is the patron saint for desperate and hopeless causes. God Bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
worst mens wigs 19 min ya right 13
Stephani Panucci from Shortys (May '11) 28 min Adm 9
Marlena Tran 29 min Ricky 4
Our Taxes and the UPD 32 min he blew the dust 45
Amanda from Lukins??? 34 min Known her for ten... 4
Biggest RAT in ufd 38 min field dress this 30
Jason "The Rat" Schultz 1 hr PnA 2
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 1 hr Press Room 32
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 3 hr eric 24
Sam wessing 5 hr dee 28
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 13 hr j3333rd 235

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages