FOCUS ON 'THE POSITIVE'Utica mayor cr...

FOCUS ON 'THE POSITIVE'Utica mayor criticizes Council and talks about his tenure thus far

There are 4 comments on the uticadailynews.com story from Dec 18, 2010, titled FOCUS ON 'THE POSITIVE'Utica mayor criticizes Council and talks about his tenure thus far. In it, uticadailynews.com reports that:

UTICA, Dec. 17, 2010 Marques Phillips/Utica Daily News -- Utica Mayor David Roefaro took to offense on Thursday, defending the things his administration has done and lashing out at the people he says bring negativity to his administration and to city politics. "You have about 10 or 20 people who stir the pot," he said, "who always take something that may not be a negative, but can be perceived as a negative, and just dwell upon it." Roefaro said he didn't mean to use any media forum to air grievances, because he wants to focus on the good things his administration has done. "I refuse to put on a political show anymore, because I have far more important things to do," he said. * The mayor spoke about what he said are the good things his administration has done, among them were: * The dredging and development of Harbor Point. * Moving forward with a downtown parking garage that still needs federal approval, but he said looks promising. * Reduce crime rate by what he said is 40 percent, more than any other city in the state, according to Roefaro. * Placing two men in police cars. * Implementing the "armadillo" vehicle that the police department places in areas of concern throughout the city. The mayor also insists that hiring attorney J.K. Hage to handle the civil side of wrongdoings involving non-profit GroWest was a good move and one that will pay dividends for the city's taxpayers. "This $177,000 is not going to cost the City of Utica any money because we're going to recoup all this money," he said. Not initiating the investigation would have cost taxpayers millions he said. "If that happens, turn the lights off," he said. The mayor speaks glowingly about harbor point and says businesses are coming to the area including:

Join the discussion below, or Read more at uticadailynews.com.

Ken

Syracuse, NY

#1 Dec 18, 2010
Crime down 40% what planet are you living on???

Has to be the worst mayor utica will ever see!
Long Time Utican

Clark Mills, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2010
I've lived over here on Larchmont Ave and have given many BJ's to important people(like Brother Jim) and I'd like to suck off Ken if he would like me too!!Also I've never worked under a Mayor's desk like I did at my last job.
Long Time Utican

Clark Mills, NY

#4 Dec 18, 2010
I have never given a mayor a gum job...I did alot of under the desk sucking at my last job!
Really

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Aug 18, 2014
Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 11 min Welfare wendy 541
Trump Blinded By Eclipse 14 min Reverse 6
venice pizza 18 min Matt A 13
Hospital parking garage going to generate milli... 29 min Sickle and hammer 2
Slice Pizzeria 48 min lynn 2
NYS Police working hard to ruin Saranac Thursday 2 hr Thedude 17
Ian J. Bullen speeding wreckless lunatic 2 hr I told yah 54
Not All Nazis Are Bad 3 hr BIZZARR-O-RAMA 92
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 4 hr DJ L 124
No Downtown hospital 13 hr Trump WINNING 147