• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 4 large eggs, beaten
• 1 cup grated cheese, plus extra for garnish
• salt & freshly ground black pepper
• 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Utica Grind)
o OPTIONAL: 1 – 2 cans Sliced Mushrooms

Bring pot of water to boil. Cook (al dente). Drain, return to pot. Cover & keep warm.
While pasta cooks, fry bacon in a skillet over med heat until crisp. Remove bacon & reserve 2 TBSP bacon grease. Add onion & cook until soft. Add garlic & continue to cook. Add wine; simmer to blend flavors. Stir in cooked bacon. Pour contents of skillet into pot of pasta. Turn heat to lowest setting & toss to heat through. Add beaten eggs & cream, tossing constantly until eggs are cooked. Quickly add Parmesan cheese, toss again. Garnish with parsley, pepper & extra cheese.
first of all

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

loser from rome is right wrote:
You friggin pea pickin,cow pushin,white trash,farmer bastards Know nothing about any food,let alone Italian food. The only food you know about is what your mother feeds you upstate backward behind the times idiots,Dog food. Wow chicken riggies. See what I mean you people butcher even the easiest names of things,Riggies. Am I right my friend who calls himself Loser from Rome? Is it riggies or rigatoni. These people call ravioli,raviolis. Theres no s at the end. I could go on and on you people butcher everything because you are inbread who want to make believe your Italian. You say I am Calabrese,or I am Barese,or I am Sicilian,Your a friggin Idiotr thats waht you are. A fat tub a shit loser bastard whos from upstate ny whose best girlfriend is your sister that likes to put ketchup and cheese from a plastic kraft container on his FRiggin NOODLES.And who is the moron that said gravy is brown? What was he looking at his boyfriends tighty whities? That is the reason why everybody from downstate makes fun of you demented 25 years behind the times idiots from Utica. Have you ever heard these clowns mention "oh yah I grew up in the projects,Oh yeah Im from the projects. I asked once where these projects were,A relative of mine showed me a housing building. It had 3 floors. I laughed my friggin ass off. 3 friggin floors. And you want people to take you serious? Come to some of the neighborhoods downstate asswipes.# friggin floors. And you want to talk about good food? Hey my friend loser from Rome. Stay far away from these freaks from utica and upstate.
You are and sound like a 'denny dimwit' nitwit..Inbred, perhaps?? In any event, your English sucks, and you can't string 2 'common sense sentences together.. My suggestion to you would be "go back to school" then come back and try posting again. You are probably (most likely) from the projects..People in Utica are FAR FROM idiots. Apparently, you know NOTHING about people here...just about the morons downstate. and Last of all, YOU 'LOSER' friend from Rome is the jerk that calls sauce 'gravy' You two would make a great couple LMAO. hehehahaheha
actually

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

losers wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be the stupidest mother------ on topix. Gravy is brown,lol. Yeah ok Turkey gravy is brown,lol. All true Italians will know what GRAVY is. You arses here in Utica only know SAUCE,lol. Look it up you retard!
NOT a mother...just a Chef wh has worked in three Italian restaurants locally..YOU probably know me. Yes, to the person who wrote 'gravy is brown." There is very lite (almost tan) for turkey, then there is 'light', medium, and dark, or Very dark brown..My experience in the restaurant business has taught me a lot. You have to decide "DO I WANT G-R-A-V-Y", or "DO I WANT S-A-U-C-E"??
careful

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

first of all wrote:
<quoted text>You are and sound like a 'denny dimwit' nitwit..Inbred, perhaps?? In any event, your English sucks, and you can't string 2 'common sense sentences together.. My suggestion to you would be "go back to school" then come back and try posting again. You are probably (most likely) from the projects..People in Utica are FAR FROM idiots. Apparently, you know NOTHING about people here...just about the morons downstate. and Last of all, YOU 'LOSER' friend from Rome is the jerk that calls sauce 'gravy' You two would make a great couple LMAO. hehehahaheha
If you fix these two up, they will be tasting each others sour gravy.
first of all

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

By the way, I was born in Calabria, came to United States when I was ninteen, speak fluent English, Italian, French, and pretty good German. Most definitely, NOT A MORON, or a freak, which is what you sound like with all your rantings and ravings. You need to channel your ANGER into something more constructive other than 'sauce is gravy', or 'gravy is sauce' Try it, You will feel much better.
Jenny M

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

No such thing as a good sauce in Utica. It's Utica. Go to Olive Garden, eat, drink, and think about California. Ta Ta's
salad

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
So the reason you live here is because your father in in NYSCP for raping little boy's so you had to leave that rat hole NYC where the stench, of immigrants is as heavy as the pollution. Hopefully they will build the HS rail system so you can go back to the stench and come visit your father all the time and bring him candy to keep his memories alive.
Father passed 25 years ago you little piece of crap. Talk big behind a computer screen. Up here for reasons not known to you. Watch out.
jenny m

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

aglia e olio wrote:
After much coaxing I visited the Olive Garden on Route 31 in Clay. I don't see what all the fuss is about. The so-called breadsticks tasted like hot dog rolls.
So whats your point. Just don't go there. You won't be missed and be quicker for me to get a table .Ta Ta's
jennie o

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Jenny M wrote:
No such thing as a good sauce in Utica. It's Utica. Go to Olive Garden, eat, drink, and think about California. Ta Ta's
been to Olive garden 3 times, never again...people like the name , so they hink the food is good...Can't make sauce, food is oily, not high caliber...I lived in Southern Cali, and Northern Cali for a total of 27 years...came back to Home Sweet Home, Utica...CANNOT beat the Italian cuisine here..the best of the best, that is, IF you know fine dining and GOOD Italian food,(which I am quite sure that YOU don't! OH, did I mention that I was born in Sorrento, and came to thhis country at the age of 16, went to Proctor, graduated with honors, graduated from St. John Fisher, on Dean's list...got my first job in San Jose', Cali. as a teacher..Lived there for 14 years. went to visit Sorrento, and stayed 2 years before going back to Cali for 13 years. So, I have been around, and like to think of myself as a connossieur of Italian foods. Utica rocks! Just MY opinion.
losers

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

jennie o wrote:
<quoted text>been to Olive garden 3 times, never again...people like the name , so they hink the food is good...Can't make sauce, food is oily, not high caliber...I lived in Southern Cali, and Northern Cali for a total of 27 years...came back to Home Sweet Home, Utica...CANNOT beat the Italian cuisine here..the best of the best, that is, IF you know fine dining and GOOD Italian food,(which I am quite sure that YOU don't! OH, did I mention that I was born in Sorrento, and came to thhis country at the age of 16, went to Proctor, graduated with honors, graduated from St. John Fisher, on Dean's list...got my first job in San Jose', Cali. as a teacher..Lived there for 14 years. went to visit Sorrento, and stayed 2 years before going back to Cali for 13 years. So, I have been around, and like to think of myself as a connossieur of Italian foods. Utica rocks! Just MY opinion.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your life history means crap. Don't matter where you are from or been where. Bottom line if you think Utica has good Italian restaurants, you are as dumb as a box of rocks in that department. ANYONE can make a good Marinara sauce, BUT very few make a good GRAVY, what otticans might call spaghetti sauce,lol. Heck 98% of the restaurants only offer a marinara sauce. Sorry but maranara sauce doesn't go with chiken or veal parmesan, or spaghetti and meatballs etc. You guys need to catch up on restaurant reality.
guess who

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I hope everyone isn't refering to sauce as taking cans of sauce or crushed tomatoes and cooking it for hours on the stove...a real italian, like myself, takes out the old machine and first starts boiling the tomatoes, then peeling and getting rid of the seeds and so on...then of course adding things including meat and cooking for hours on low....I admit I do buy pasta but also make homeade in bulk and freeze it....I was born in utica but learn it all from my grandparents who live here, born in Italy....I will be able to teach my son the traditions!
losers

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

You do realize in a good Italian restaurant from Thursday - Sunday they go through 15+ gallons of gravy per day. Boiling, peeling and cleaning tomatoes is not the way to go. I have used crushed tomatoes, or roma tomatoes puree'd, cooked with pork butt for 5 hours, usually using 1 case crushed tomatoes and 1 case Puree adding garlic, basil, salt and pepper. These idiots think its boiled for 5 ours,lol. I boil it for the firt hour then lower the flame and cook for 4 more hours. Been doing so for 20+ years and NOT once have I ever had a complaint on my gravy. If the sauce is too thin you just add a little tomatoe paste. NEVER has it turned colors like these ootican morons think.
oh my gosh

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

losers wrote:
You do realize in a good Italian restaurant from Thursday - Sunday they go through 15+ gallons of gravy per day. Boiling, peeling and cleaning tomatoes is not the way to go. I have used crushed tomatoes, or roma tomatoes puree'd, cooked with pork butt for 5 hours, usually using 1 case crushed tomatoes and 1 case Puree adding garlic, basil, salt and pepper. These idiots think its boiled for 5 ours,lol. I boil it for the firt hour then lower the flame and cook for 4 more hours. Been doing so for 20+ years and NOT once have I ever had a complaint on my gravy. If the sauce is too thin you just add a little tomatoe paste. NEVER has it turned colors like these ootican morons think.
YOU couldn't make a sauce9Or as you call it , gravy) if The GOOD LORD came down and gave you directions....YOU are a PATHETIC MORONIC LOSER that seems to be in DIRE need of attention..SEE a PSYSCHIATRIST. Uticans are blessed with the BEST Italian fare around, and only a MORON like you would dispute that.
Oh Boy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

losers wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your life history means crap. Don't matter where you are from or been where. Bottom line if you think Utica has good Italian restaurants, you are as dumb as a box of rocks in that department. ANYONE can make a good Marinara sauce, BUT very few make a good GRAVY, what otticans might call spaghetti sauce,lol. Heck 98% of the restaurants only offer a marinara sauce. Sorry but maranara sauce doesn't go with chiken or veal parmesan, or spaghetti and meatballs etc. You guys need to catch up on restaurant reality.
YOU are in need of a REALITY check. YOU are an OPINIONATED jerk who never got anywhere in life (wonder why) Sauce is SAUCE and gravy is GRAVY.. GET a Life or a grip on things...You are angry at YOURSELF and the world. Maybe you wer short-changed somewhere in life and now have decided to take your frustration out on the Italians, because YOU certainly don't sound like one. Good luck in your future endeavors. But, please channel your anger on something else...maybe a PUNCHING BAG??? it may help

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Ding dang doo
WOW

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

losers wrote:
<quoted text>
You REALLY are CLUELESS!
hey loser

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

losers wrote:
are you still trying to convince yourself???? try something else...maybe you know more about German potato salad, or Irish stew, or French fries, or Polish pierogis, or Swiss cheese, or Dutch cocoa, or WHATEVER!
losers

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

All I can say is that Utica is years behind reality. Contests for Chicken Riggies, meatballs or greens,lol, is like having a peanut butter & jelly sandwich contest. You guys have NO clue what Italian food is all about.
wait up bud

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

losers wrote:
All I can say is that Utica is years behind reality. Contests for Chicken Riggies, meatballs or greens,lol, is like having a peanut butter & jelly sandwich contest. You guys have NO clue what Italian food is all about.
WHO has NO CLUE as to what Italian food is all about? LOOK IN THE MIRROR, RIGHT NOW...LOOK AGAIN...WHAT do you SEE? YUP, YOU..YOU are CLUELESS, you have NO IDEA what we are all about..YOU have got to be a wannabee.. they yell the LOUDEST! LOSER!
Lady Matisse

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Ventura's has the very best sauce. Always high quality food. Food is consistent and the restaurant has great ambiance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

230 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
name 5 worst pizza place s 9 min snake pliskin 16
jaks in barneveld 15 min Jak 1
Where's Patrick Johnson (Dec '13) 15 min snake pliskin 5
riggie hates the life he has been dealt 16 min WKTV Set-gasm2014 22
riggie exposed 19 min sherlock 1
Dunkin Donuts north genesee st 31 min No Jail 20
Rome mayor sounds dumb. 39 min WKTV Set-gasm2014 3
WKTV's new broadcast desk 41 min WKTV Set-gasm2014 73
Irish Fest 47 min Utica Sambo Tech Summit 25
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 54 min Utica Sambo Tech Summit 112
Riggie is scared 1 hr Bob Oliveira relapse 22
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 10 hr Utica Sambo Tech Summit 38
•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••