Who Has The Best Sauce In Utica?
rome trash

Ithaca, NY

#21 Feb 6, 2013
Please don't tell persona bianca how to make real Italian sauce.

Throw pork butt into tomato sauce an cook for hours is real sauce, what a perdente.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
losers

Utica, NY

#22 Feb 6, 2013
If you go to these Italian Wannabe Restaurants in UTICA, ask for gravy or spaghetti sauce and you'll get Marinara sauce because that's all they have. Same sauce used for every dish. HORRIBLE.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Marie

Whitesboro, NY

#23 Feb 7, 2013
I love Spaghetti Kettle too. It is really underrated.
noo

Whitesboro, NY

#25 Feb 7, 2013
Marie wrote:
I love Spaghetti Kettle too. It is really underrated.
yuk!!! You must be mayo face

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#26 Feb 7, 2013
It will not matter soon because New Hartford will be getting an Olive Garden and they are going to drive out all the local businesses with their classically trained Italian Chefs. The only way to beat them is at their own game. Somebody had better open a chain of Bosnian restaurants to compete.
Fat Tony Salerno

United States

#27 Feb 7, 2013
losers wrote:
Boy whoever judged my post you are clueless. Restaurants NORTH of Westchester are all horrible. Utica/Rome area are all crap. EVERYONE!
You should visit Rochester's "Italian Triangle": Roncone's, Antonetta's and Rocky's. All are top notch. In Brooklyn, Queen is first rate.
Real Cheese

Utica, NY

#28 Feb 8, 2013
Forget Utica, go to Joeys in Syracuse.
bull

Whitesboro, NY

#29 Feb 8, 2013
Real Cheese wrote:
Forget Utica, go to Joeys in Syracuse.
Joeys is good , but it wasnt like grimaldis.
The truth

Albany, NY

#30 Feb 8, 2013
I like joes and Georgios. Ill give joes by a nose.
pork butt

Carthage, NY

#31 Feb 8, 2013
to cook sauce for 4-5 hours is assinine..Only needs a couple hours...after 4-5 hours, you have dark red clay...yuk!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
aglia e olio

Whitesboro, NY

#32 Feb 8, 2013
After much coaxing I visited the Olive Garden on Route 31 in Clay. I don't see what all the fuss is about. The so-called breadsticks tasted like hot dog rolls.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
losers

Utica, NY

#33 Feb 8, 2013
pork butt wrote:
to cook sauce for 4-5 hours is assinine..Only needs a couple hours...after 4-5 hours, you have dark red clay...yuk!
You have absolutely NO clue how to cook. The pork should fall off the bone when the sauce (GRAVY) is done. Good sauce cooks for 5 hours. You add the spices the last 45 minutes. Dark red clay,lol. You are assinine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
close

Fayetteville, NY

#34 Feb 8, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
You have absolutely NO clue how to cook. The pork should fall off the bone when the sauce (GRAVY) is done. Good sauce cooks for 5 hours. You add the spices the last 45 minutes. Dark red clay,lol. You are assinine.
Just throwing in some pork is not the way, there's a more to it.

But the clown who thinks cooking sauce for over 4hrs is wrong must first get the taste of his hore mother an daddy out of his mouth.
close

Fayetteville, NY

#35 Feb 8, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what clowns you talk to but its not called gravy.

Its asinine, not assinine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mama mia

Carthage, NY

#36 Feb 8, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, have to agree with 'pork butt'..My husband and I came to this country from calabria many years ago. you are a real 'loser, if you think that good sauce has to cook for 5 hours. speaking of assinine,'you' take the cake. LOSER!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
pork butt

Carthage, NY

#37 Feb 8, 2013
close wrote:
<quoted text> Not sure what clowns you talk to but its not called gravy.
thank you...'loser' must not be 'true' Italian with his 'gravy' hehaheha;;lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
losers

Utica, NY

#38 Feb 9, 2013
pork butt wrote:
<quoted text>thank you...'loser' must not be 'true' Italian with his 'gravy' hehaheha;;lol
Are you kidding 100% Italian, parents from Palermo and Sicily you moron. My mother had gravy on the stove every Sunday for family dinner and it cooked for 5 hours every time. BEST sauce I've ever had. You idiots in utica who think they are or are just wannabes have no idea how to cook a good gravy. You idiots would think ketchup on pasta is good. Carry on losers. Utica has chicken riggie and greens and meatball contests,lol, be for real UTICA. How about a good contest? Try a Gravy or sauce as you clowns call it contest?
Skinny Vinny

Little Falls, NY

#39 Feb 9, 2013
mama mia wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, have to agree with 'pork butt'..My husband and I came to this country from calabria many years ago. you are a real 'loser, if you think that good sauce has to cook for 5 hours. speaking of assinine,'you' take the cake. LOSER!
I like the Franklins sauce. My blood is where your blood is from and do you know what my calabrian Gram said to me @ 82 years old? "Vinny after all these years cooking the sauce for hours it really only takes a couple of hours, because the darker it gets only means its burning". I didnt argue with Gram about the food.

Granted if your cooking down some raw veggies it might take alittle longer but Gram was cooking sauce probably 72 of those 82 years and her calabrian father from the old coutry taught her so i think she may have known what she was taking about.
losers

Utica, NY

#40 Feb 9, 2013
close wrote:
<quoted text> Not sure what clowns you talk to but its not called gravy.
OK moron, I guess you are a wannabe too. IT is called gravy, not sauce. Marinara is called sauce and gravy is what it's called for the pasta. 2 totally different things. Central New York is years behind the times, maybe thats why MOST people up here are illiterate and think there restaurant is true Italian, total morons. The meatballs up here that wins contests, I tasted and down in Westchester or NYC the winners meatballs in Utica would be used for dog food!
maybe

Manlius, NY

#41 Feb 9, 2013
losers wrote:
<quoted text>
OK moron, I guess you are a wannabe too. IT is called gravy, not sauce. Marinara is called sauce and gravy is what it's called for the pasta. 2 totally different things. Central New York is years behind the times, maybe thats why MOST people up here are illiterate and think there restaurant is true Italian, total morons. The meatballs up here that wins contests, I tasted and down in Westchester or NYC the winners meatballs in Utica would be used for dog food!
Your taste is in your a$$?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lol 12 AFRICANS DIE EVERY MINUTE DUE TO HUNGER ... 2 hr true 9
why ]\[QQERS RAAPEE BABIES ALL DAY IN AFRICA SA... 2 hr true 11
News Utica businessman charged with arson in car exp... 3 hr Marc raab 3
I'm Team Leader 3 hr Chuck Chill Out 1
rob esche getting divorced 3 hr Hey Robby 146
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 3 hr Welfare scam comets 560
Black Lives Matter March in Utica WTF 3 hr Chuck Chill Out 1
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 4 hr TAZZ MVCC FAILED 17
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 5 hr Disappointed 20
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 6 hr DA Going Down 10