Shrine Circus
Willie Wambat

New York, NY

#1 Oct 12, 2008
Thats it for us. The circus at the Aud sucked big time. No elephants. PETA protesters in front. The acts were B-O-R-R-I-N-G and special seat prices expensive plus 5bucks to park. Absolutely terrible. Something about permits and the elephants not being able to get off the train. Never going again. Only good thing was pony rides for kids and that cost too.
The voice

#2 Oct 12, 2008
Gee, the show ran three hours, I saw no prosters and came in the front, just like you-and seat prices were in line with years past, a tad more but so is everything.

And since the elephants have been here before I can't figure out what permits they forgot after all these years.

It was a great show, money going to the Shriners Chikdrens Hosp., so suck it up.

#3 Oct 12, 2008
what did they soak ya for the snacks?

New York, NY

#5 Oct 12, 2008
I was at the circus and I asked about the elephants and why they were not there this year, and the answer was : NYS had a protest out for the cruelty to animals and by the time the appeal went through and was won, all the elephant shows were booked.

All in all it was a pretty good circus but the elephants really make it that much better.

The clowns make me absolutely hysterical!!

New York, NY

#6 Oct 12, 2008
elephants were not there because of nys protest on cruelty to animals...therfore by the time they appealed it and won the appeal all the elephant acts were all booked up.

circus was still a great time, clowns are absolutely hysterical!! they do need to do better shows with the clowns, they had 19 there and yet not a whole lot done with them.

all in all it was a good time!!

Rome, NY

#7 Oct 13, 2008
The reason for no elephants is that the State started to enforce a law that has been on the books for many years this year. The law has since been revoked, but too late for elephants to be booked.

Willie Wambat, I am sorry that you had to pay for parking. The Shriners have nothing to do with it. Talk to the AUD. Same for the snacks.

LifesATreat as far as the clowns go. The nineteen you counted included several from Shrine Centers in other cities (Syracuse, Springfield, Troy, Rochester), our local Ziyara clowns who can be found in the program book are allowed to do one skit and the YMCA song. These guys are not paid performers.

Thanks to all that attended, we appreciate your support.
Elephant Man

Utica, NY

#8 Oct 13, 2008
I went to the Saturday 2:15 show at the Aud. It was a real nice show. The Shriners do a heck of a job.

Parking was free. I parked next door to the Police Station in the parking lot.

I felt that the admission price was reasonable.

The food I thought was really high priced. The Shriners have nothing to do with that. That is just the greed of the owners of the concession stands.$25.00 got me 3 hotdags, 3 sodas, and 1 pretzel. I thought that was high.

The girls on the Trapeze were awesome. The little Italian Juggler was awesome too. The hula act was cool. The flaming fag who tames the tigers is a joke.

All in all the show was great. The Shriners do a lot of good things with the money so I take my hat of to them.

I had a couple complaints.
Willy Wambat

New York, NY

#9 Oct 13, 2008
I was not happy with the circus not the Shriners. They do so much good. They have the Burn Clinics and really are community oriented. I just felt the elephants could have been there, the kids really got a kick out of them in last circuses. We all should all support the shriners. And I heard that one of the protesters hit a clown over the head with a sign. That was totally uncalled for. My appeciation goes out to all shriners.

New York, NY

#10 Oct 14, 2008
Not good this year at all, compared to past performances!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Nano/Buff Billion scandal gets smakcked d... 1 hr No Nano For You 72
Waking Up to Daily Negativity 1 hr No Nano For You 2
NO PROGRESS at "Utica NanoBullshit Center" for... 1 hr No Nano For You 1
Marino, stop trying so hard! 1 hr STFU littlebitch 19
Okay Ocean Sucks Finalized 1 hr Aleady Sinking 2
African Museum Being Built Next to Stanley Theater 1 hr Yeah 2
Have No Fear Mighty Mouse is Here! 1 hr Z-Mode 1
WKTV Covering Calling Hours? 2 hr STFFUC 10
Uncles 6 hr Cry baby 10
who is the best hairstylist 8 hr Boss 14