JC Penney Possibly Closing
fact

Minoa, NY

#22 Nov 19, 2012
JCPenny is high end retail for most Oneida county residents who buy their clothes at Walmart or get them from the Salvation Army or the clothes banks. Their not doing enough business and this is why they are closing. It's a shame because we need the jobs and the private investment. This wouldn't be the case if local people weren't so poo and so cheap.
Abe

Little Falls, NY

#23 Nov 19, 2012
Who is the manager of that store.
PTcruiser

Utica, NY

#24 Nov 19, 2012
used to work there until they started changing there guidelines and forcing out many employees. ill never shop there again since then and besides, the retail is pricy and consumers want sales and weekly coupons.
ralph kramden

Minoa, NY

#25 Nov 19, 2012
I bought a suit at JCPenny for $125 and it came apart at the seams less than two months later.
Holly

Utica, NY

#26 Nov 19, 2012
ralph kramden wrote:
I bought a suit at JCPenny for $125 and it came apart at the seams less than two months later.
u need to cut the salt from your diet
Over Stated

Utica, NY

#27 Nov 19, 2012
2balls1strike wrote:
Macy's is an overkill. I don't think they give you great deals - coupon or no coupon. Everybody knows they mark up everything. Just to be clear it's not that I can't afford to shop there, I think they are a rip-off.
Macy's is over-rated at best! But, it's one of Utica's premiere stores.

“Sharing The Assets”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28 Nov 19, 2012
Sadly I walked away from Penney's a year ago. Just didn't agree with the changes, and it seemed they were bringing in closeout merchandise.
Lassie

Utica, NY

#29 Nov 20, 2012
I also have worked there as a part time job and was told to leave because positions were being eliminated. Best thing that ever happened to me because they are slowly sinking anyway
Lassie

Utica, NY

#30 Nov 20, 2012
fact wrote:
JCPenny is high end retail for most Oneida county residents who buy their clothes at Walmart or get them from the Salvation Army or the clothes banks. Their not doing enough business and this is why they are closing. It's a shame because we need the jobs and the private investment. This wouldn't be the case if local people weren't so poo and so cheap.
Not true. It's a national wide problem for this store. Not just Oneida countys. There are articles online everywhere about how poorly the company as a whole is doing since a new head manager took over last winter with his so called brilliant ideas.
Community Disorganizer

Newtown, CT

#31 Nov 20, 2012
ralph kramden wrote:
I hope you at least got a funeral or two out of it.
Markk

Utica, NY

#32 Nov 20, 2012
Even if merchandise is marked up people still like to think they are getting a good deal with the coupons & sales. Penneys did away with that & that's when they began to fail. it will be closed after Christmas sadly.
Melis

Utica, NY

#33 Nov 20, 2012
I highly doubt they will close but I do think it will go bankrupt chap 11.
Hey

Utica, NY

#34 Nov 20, 2012
Hope not ! I like having a sephora nearby!
Ulta

Utica, NY

#35 Nov 20, 2012
Hey wrote:
Hope not ! I like having a sephora nearby!
All is not lost.......go to Ulta Cosmetics. You'll find the scent u r looking for!

“Sharing The Assets”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36 Nov 20, 2012
It doesn't look good for them, but there is always someone looking to buy. Never know who might just step in. Either way they need to change directions.
Utica Viscount

Utica, NY

#37 Nov 21, 2012
Who shops at JC Penney except for welfare losers?
Hey

Utica, NY

#38 Nov 21, 2012
Utica Viscount wrote:
Who shops at JC Penney except for welfare losers?
Why? Where do you shop?
Jcpoopy

Utica, NY

#39 Nov 22, 2012
I want coupons back.
RipOff

Utica, NY

#40 Nov 23, 2012
Better go today since its their only sale until next black Friday.
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#41 Nov 26, 2012
Heather knows wrote:
<quoted text>It already did!
When are they going to turn the lights out in Rome?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unstable Fire Marshall 33 min Witchcraft 32
Roy Moore 50 min trump eats moochkok 74
Dina Puglise Palidino (Sep '11) 56 min Sad 7
Traci Gigliotti 1 hr Leroy 7
WKTV New Weather Set 1 hr Melonhead 4
TENNEY supports corporate welfare, not us. 1 hr common cents 30
Ajaeb Liquor store froms years ago (Apr '12) 1 hr nicA 5
Keeler oweing money 3 hr Taxpayer 55
on wktv this morn 4 hr Jimrat 8
New Hartford Baskets 6 hr hmmm 23