|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
$5200 -$5500/yr before available assistance based on income.
One large fundraiser a year. The $50k raffle. Tickets are $80 each.
"but no way financially and who has the time to volunteer all the time"
That says everything about your priorities.
Actually it says a whole lot more about you, you judgmental fool.
WHAT

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
$5200 -$5500/yr before available assistance based on income.
One large fundraiser a year. The $50k raffle. Tickets are $80 each.
"but no way financially and who has the time to volunteer all the time"
That says everything about your priorities.
How can someone make 5500 extra per yr a priority?
You can cut down on expenses, but lets be realistic
ndd

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

It can be a lot less, depending on your financial situation as well as how many kids you have. Also, if you are Catholic, your parish church "should" help out (amounts vary depending on church....but some never contribure...St Anthonys is terrible).

If you really want to send your child to ND Elementary or High School....there is additional help and assistance.

If you are willing to ask for the help, they are very good about working with you and will bend over backwards to help you afford the tuition. There are funds available that Alumni and others donate to help toward student/families who cannot pay full tuition.
ndd

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

I have personally seen where it can be as low as 2,000.00 for a student in the high school for an entire year.

It is possible if you look into it and are serious about it.
i wish

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

ndd wrote:
I have personally seen where it can be as low as 2,000.00 for a student in the high school for an entire year.
It is possible if you look into it and are serious about it.
I will look into it, thanks. One thing, we arent catholic.
Hope that doesnt hurt anything.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
How can someone make 5500 extra per yr a priority?
You can cut down on expenses, but lets be realistic
You said you live in a house in the Whitesboro school district where you pay $6700 in taxes. Priorities.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

gerod wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it says a whole lot more about you, you judgmental fool.
I'm not judging. It's an observation. Everyone has different priorities.

The poster says they want something for their children yet doesn't seem to have any of the facts about how much it actually costs. If I wanted something as badly as what the poster portrays I think I would make it a priority to find out those facts as a starting point. That's just me. everyone is different and as I stated has different priorities.
Really

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Land of analphabetism wrote:
<quoted text>Get your children the fuck out of ny. All they teach there is unjustified arrogance, narcissism, drug use, supoerhyped "Neanderball contests" and by example: Mediocrity, lower-income middle class values and failure, corked in with fear and guilt by religious hypocrisy.
I think it's astonishing that any parent would subject their offspring to elitist poor failures trying to look "wealthy" and teach them from a book "facts" that simply can't be called "facts". Has anyone ever sat and listened to these kids talk? Proctards and ND and Wboro kids? It's like listening to vapid users babble like most CNY people they interrupt eachother in circles!
I guess it's lost on them that none of the schools ever produced anyone of serious note, values or abilities except to hear them tell it.
Narcissist
nd alumnus

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not judging. It's an observation. Everyone has different priorities.
The poster says they want something for their children yet doesn't seem to have any of the facts about how much it actually costs. If I wanted something as badly as what the poster portrays I think I would make it a priority to find out those facts as a starting point. That's just me. everyone is different and as I stated has different priorities.
You stood in judgement of her, so stop denying it. Enough lies! Notre Dame supporters are caught in too many of them already. You and people like you do more harm than good and many of us who are true to our faith and uphold our Catholic teachings of being nonjudgemental have had enough of the harm you cause to the church and the school. If you can't be supportive in a positive way, then shut you mouth. Pope Francis:"Who am I to judge."
Learn from it!
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

nd alumnus wrote:
<quoted text>
You stood in judgement of her, so stop denying it. Enough lies! Notre Dame supporters are caught in too many of them already. You and people like you do more harm than good and many of us who are true to our faith and uphold our Catholic teachings of being nonjudgemental have had enough of the harm you cause to the church and the school. If you can't be supportive in a positive way, then shut you mouth. Pope Francis:"Who am I to judge."
Learn from it!
what lies are you talking about?

I'm not judging. I think any reasonable person might ask the same thing I did. If the poster really wants to send their kids to ND then doesn't it make sense they would have looked into it to find out how much it actually costs?

I support being honest. The pope said that in answer to a question about gays so I'm not quite sure how you get that is has anything to do with this.
uh huh

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
what lies are you talking about?
I'm not judging. I think any reasonable person might ask the same thing I did. If the poster really wants to send their kids to ND then doesn't it make sense they would have looked into it to find out how much it actually costs?
I support being honest. The pope said that in answer to a question about gays so I'm not quite sure how you get that is has anything to do with this.
you got caught in a judgmental post and now you r trying to backpedal only it isn't working..what u need to do is apologize to i guess--but u won't because u r a weasel
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
you got caught in a judgmental post and now you r trying to backpedal only it isn't working..what u need to do is apologize to i guess--but u won't because u r a weasel
Not backpedaling at all.

Judging would be if I said the person who started this was looking to start another anti-ND discussion.

Apologize for what? Stating the obvious? I made an observation about what the person posting said. Look back through the whole thing.
byron

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

How much do the athletic recruits pay?????
That's what would piss me off. If I had to pay the full shot because I work hard and then some kid that can shoot a basketball or throw a football gets to go for free.#ithappens
portia

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

byron wrote:
How much do the athletic recruits pay?????
That's what would piss me off. If I had to pay the full shot because I work hard and then some kid that can shoot a basketball or throw a football gets to go for free.#ithappens
The recruits which are predominantly minority poor are given a free ride. Some of the earlier posts in this thread complain about this as well.

“YES I AM LITTLE MISS TROUBLE”

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Whitesboro is a good school district. What is the problem??
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Countdown to the pedophile comments....

kevin

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

aSKing wrote:
Countdown to the pedophile comments....
Now you are making fun of pedophiles? Did you ever once think of their child victims with your stupid comment. If you are any example of a ND supporter, then I can see why people hate that place. You are a pathetic loser and you deserve to watch one of your loved ones suffer the pain of being attacked by a pedophile priest.
not really

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

grew up in utica wrote:
Whitesboro is a good school district. What is the problem??
bullies, punks, and if your not in the clicque, you
cant play sports. My son didnt make jv baseball
and he was a top 5 kid. He didnt belong to the parent
drinking, im not a friend of the teachers, that is how
most make it.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are making fun of pedophiles? Did you ever once think of their child victims with your stupid comment. If you are any example of a ND supporter, then I can see why people hate that place. You are a pathetic loser and you deserve to watch one of your loved ones suffer the pain of being attacked by a pedophile priest.
I'm making fun of no one. You misunderstood completely. I'm not supporting anyone or anything either.

Apparently you haven't been here long. The ND posts are many and varied but in every single case there are those who chime in about child abuse at the hands of priests. Rather than waiting for usual suspects to respond with drivel that is not relevant in this conversation like they always do, I meant my post to be a pre-emptive move to keep them from their usual nonsense.

Abuse of young people by anyone, especially those in trusted positions like priests, is wrong 100% of the time. It's just that the discussion of those things doesn't have to come up every time ND or mention of the word catholic comes up.
ndd

Marcy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

As an addendum: My son went Catholic Schools (St Marys/ND Elementary) until 8th grade, has been at Proctor since 9th grade. He is now a Senior this fall.

He has prospered at that school, and I have minimal complaints.

My daughter is in the High School now and she is prospering there as well.

It is a financial burden, no doubt, however, I have received a great deal of support, both financially and in the way of encouragement. No one at ND has made me feel inadequate because I cannot afford to pay full tuition. I pay a reduced tuition (it is still a hardship for me as I am struggling like everyone else)...but I feel as though for my daughter, I am making an investment in her future in a way that benefits her. She appreciates it and is an A student. She realizes that we cannot go to Disney, or otherwise spend the money that we earmark for her tuition. She understands that it is a choice she must make to forego the other things in order that she may continue to go to ND. It is a sacrifice, but one that is (for our family)...worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of55
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

178 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FaceBook Drama Junkies 3 min solution 3
#Boilermaker2014 Watch for a Surprise! 11 min need a friend 20
Esche wins AHL award!!!!!! 15 min Welfare hockey 45
Beth Stay Out of It 22 min Facebook 9
Boilermaker 47 min Utica Losertown 81
Fat asses in boilermaker 50 min Asap 35
Tier 6 Pension Plan Will Hurt Teacher Recruitment! (Feb '12) 53 min Carla 59
2014 Boilermaker may be cancelled ? 3 hr TomLindseys Broken Fath 38
•••