First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Uticas Finest Moron

Utica, NY

#43 Feb 1, 2011
If you need food stamps for a short time that is cool it happens- but you should only be able to get bread, milk, eggs, and orange juice-sustainablity-that would really make people appreciate that steak they ate when they earned it
Husband

Overland Park, KS

#44 Feb 1, 2011
I do 75% of the grocery shopping and cook healthy dinners every night. It's not hard, just takes planning. Oh, and money. You'll never see a processed food come across my table. And I work 50 hrs a week.
Level 1

Since: May 10

Clinton, NY

#45 Feb 2, 2011
There is an assumption by many that cooking a meal is a process that takes mere minutes. And why not come to this conclusion? When you walk into a restaurant or fast-food place, your complete meal is provided within a range of one minute to perhaps twenty minutes.

Try to replicate at home what these establishments are providing to you.

The meal has to be planned. Time is taken to obtain the ingredients. The ingredients are brought to the kitchen and prepped and processed. A meal is produced. People who do this for a living have it expeditiously down to an exact science, since their livelihood depends on it. Mrs. Housewife or Mr. Househusband performs it as one of a dozen variable chores lined up for the day.

On the other hand, if the Mrs. or Mr. is contentedly frittering away hours of the daily schedule by typing, clicking, or texting (or insert example of modern distraction here), he or she simply does not care about relying on take-out meals.

As some of the others have mentioned, all you need is common sense planning. One of the ways to handle family cooking is to make a large, homemade batch of ďsomethingĒ during the weekend, and dole it out for supper during the week.(Hmm, you say you donít like the same thing every night for dinner, for several nights in a row? Alright, thatís fine; critics are more than welcome to step into the kitchen and do the cooking.)

My guess would be that the recent trend toward non-home-cooking is, partially, because of economics. Assuming a two-parent family, does the breadwinner make enough money so that the other can afford to stay home every day? I donít know of any family like that. It seems that most American families are living at the sheer edge of (or beyond) their financial means.

If youíre talking about single parent households (that would be 28% of American households), I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is to provide home-cooked meals in addition to working full-time and providing all necessary childcare.
Working Mom

Utica, NY

#46 Feb 2, 2011
As nice as it would be to cook every night, for my children, unfortunately in today's world, you have both parents working. Yes, take out is easy and the family time spent eating at the table and talking, makes not eating home cooked meals, more tolerable. My mother cooked for us when were kids, but when she returned to work full time, we had to deal. There are healthy alternatives...frozen dinners that are actually healthy, soups that are healthy.....I agree fast food is bad but not bad once a week.
Jackie

Rome, NY

#47 Feb 2, 2011
The problem in this real world of women most of you are all to lazy to cook for your children everynight. You ladies are to involed in yourself and these poor kids today eat junk food every night how so sad for them. In most homes there is no more family life and its the parents fault . The mothers are out going to the gym, tanning, happy hour, cheating , just don't have time for the kids. Lazy and so self centered.
Process this

Utica, NY

#48 Feb 2, 2011
Husband wrote:
I do 75% of the grocery shopping and cook healthy dinners every night. It's not hard, just takes planning. Oh, and money. You'll never see a processed food come across my table. And I work 50 hrs a week.
Do you do anal?
Ina Bind

Utica, NY

#49 Feb 3, 2011
It takes a Mom to be a Mother
cookin stepdad

Tully, NY

#50 Feb 3, 2011
hey the feminists won. now women "need to work" and everybody's wages have fallen through the floor. two incomes needed to pay the mort. you think men had it so great-you really want baldness hypertension ulsers?-you got 'em now. get real it's never been fair for men either. the nephew got the promotion the guy who deserved it kept his mouth shut, and his paycheck. the great majority of men sacrificed alot to take care of their families. feminists have colored the argument to make it like it was one big boys party, but who has paid the price? someone has to watch the kids-or not-and see what society is like now. you call this an improvement? nice job ladies.
Working Mom

Utica, NY

#51 Feb 3, 2011
Jackie wrote:
The problem in this real world of women most of you are all to lazy to cook for your children everynight. You ladies are to involed in yourself and these poor kids today eat junk food every night how so sad for them. In most homes there is no more family life and its the parents fault . The mothers are out going to the gym, tanning, happy hour, cheating , just don't have time for the kids. Lazy and so self centered.
I for one go to work, come home and take care of things there. I have no gym membership, nor do I need a fake tan....alcohol or another man since my husband is 100% wonderful. Stop generalizing...you sound bitter.
Working Mom

Utica, NY

#52 Feb 3, 2011
cookin stepdad wrote:
hey the feminists won. now women "need to work" and everybody's wages have fallen through the floor. two incomes needed to pay the mort. you think men had it so great-you really want baldness hypertension ulsers?-you got 'em now. get real it's never been fair for men either. the nephew got the promotion the guy who deserved it kept his mouth shut, and his paycheck. the great majority of men sacrificed alot to take care of their families. feminists have colored the argument to make it like it was one big boys party, but who has paid the price? someone has to watch the kids-or not-and see what society is like now. you call this an improvement? nice job ladies.
Are you serious? You sound angry that women aren't treated like maids and daycare for his children anymore. This is 2011....please...join us.
cookin stepdad

Tully, NY

#53 Feb 3, 2011
Working Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? You sound angry that women aren't treated like maids and daycare for his children anymore. This is 2011....please...join us.
you don't respond to any of my points or address the thread. just like a woman to change the subject when she knows she's been outargued.
Back Door Man

Utica, NY

#54 Feb 3, 2011
Working Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do anal? Your Hubby does:)
housedad

Tully, NY

#55 Feb 3, 2011
ChillMeThrillMe wrote:
There is an assumption by many that cooking a meal is a process that takes mere minutes. And why not come to this conclusion? When you walk into a restaurant or fast-food place, your complete meal is provided within a range of one minute to perhaps twenty minutes.
Try to replicate at home what these establishments are providing to you.
The meal has to be planned. Time is taken to obtain the ingredients. The ingredients are brought to the kitchen and prepped and processed. A meal is produced. People who do this for a living have it expeditiously down to an exact science, since their livelihood depends on it. Mrs. Housewife or Mr. Househusband performs it as one of a dozen variable chores lined up for the day.
On the other hand, if the Mrs. or Mr. is contentedly frittering away hours of the daily schedule by typing, clicking, or texting (or insert example of modern distraction here), he or she simply does not care about relying on take-out meals.
As some of the others have mentioned, all you need is common sense planning. One of the ways to handle family cooking is to make a large, homemade batch of ďsomethingĒ during the weekend, and dole it out for supper during the week.(Hmm, you say you donít like the same thing every night for dinner, for several nights in a row? Alright, thatís fine; critics are more than welcome to step into the kitchen and do the cooking.)
My guess would be that the recent trend toward non-home-cooking is, partially, because of economics. Assuming a two-parent family, does the breadwinner make enough money so that the other can afford to stay home every day? I donít know of any family like that. It seems that most American families are living at the sheer edge of (or beyond) their financial means.
If youíre talking about single parent households (that would be 28% of American households), I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is to provide home-cooked meals in addition to working full-time and providing all necessary childcare.
it's cheaper to cook at home
Working Mom

Utica, NY

#56 Feb 3, 2011
cookin stepdad wrote:
<quoted text>you don't respond to any of my points or address the thread. just like a woman to change the subject when she knows she's been outargued.
I didn't respond to your post details because what you say is untrue, irrelevant and not at all worth my time. I'd hardly call that "outargued"?
lanni

Utica, NY

#57 Feb 3, 2011
Pineapples10 wrote:
Because this isn't the 1950s and June Cleaver doesn't have time to cook in a dress all day?
you absolutley rite because there to busy looking like and carrying out the roll of MILF_S
Come on

Syracuse, NY

#58 Feb 3, 2011
They ain't at the gym in Utica, all the Utican wives are fat pigs
LovesToCook

Louisville, KY

#59 Feb 7, 2013
There's no real excuse, you're lazy if you don't cook and if you have children to feed then it's just disgusting. It's so sad that kids grow up eating reheated and frozen junk. I cook from scratch every night and the vast majority of my recipes take little more than half an hour with prep included. I have a warm meal waiting for my significant other every night when he comes home from a long day and he appreciates the hell out of it, and me. You get a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment from preparing a delicious meal that the people you love enjoy. Maybe you other girls should try it sometime.

Oh, and it's pretty gross to make your family eat leftovers all week too. That's another form of laziness.
roxie666

Bellevue, WA

#60 Feb 7, 2013
Not all mothers 2day dont cook...thats funny cause I make my own baby food in the baby bullet, after working and attending college... Ur bitchin about 'cooking for kids' but i bet u were one of the sheep when it came feeding babies 'jar food' ... Suck on one and stop judging people that u know nothing about
old timer

Utica, NY

#61 Feb 7, 2013
Pineapples10 wrote:
Because this isn't the 1950s and June Cleaver doesn't have time to cook in a dress all day?
No excuse for not cooking!!!!!!

There are crock pots (very inexpensive)where you can make a meal BEFORE you leave for work and it will be cooked and waiting for your family at dinner time.

Spending $15 at McDonald's for a family of 2 could have made at least TWO home cooked meals. Quit being so lazy..........
hank hill

Norwalk, OH

#62 Feb 7, 2013
I'm no gourmet cook but I love cooking with and for my niece when I'm home, she loves it too, and will eat anything she helps cook. I'm not afraid to try to make new things, might not turn out great but its always edible and everyone always enjoys it because its home made. Bring the kids in the kitchen, let them make a mess and let them know the joy of feeding their loved ones out of a dish instead of a bag or box. They'll love it, so what if its a little more work, the smiles on their faces make it worth the time and effort invested in it.

Thats just my experience and opinion. For what its worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG fat firemen on tv 12 min ithastostop 9
Central Paving Paving in the Dark on Kellogg Rd... 17 min wild bill 7
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 26 min WTF 1
Utica Mission Executive Director a theif 27 min Community Member 18
Highschool dropout mayor 29 min need a friend 8
School Principals 38 min ithastostop 1
Who has the best pizza in Utica 42 min piz 13
Bernadette Romano-Clark 1 hr uhuhu 35
Pulse magazine out of business- cheating busine... 2 hr watcher 18
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) 19 hr Take that bow 295