|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been found out. Can't wait to laugh at everyone actually but keep posting 3 week old articles and thinking you're Sherlock Holmes.
Back to your point of the aud meeting. Why don't you go? You seem to be against taxpayers funding any part of this and post about it frequently. Why don't you go to the meeting then instead of suggesting someone else do it? Are you a typical utican? All talk?
I hope those who are able will attend and voice their opinion to the Auditorium Authority regarding the use of public money in any form to have an AHL team move here. For those who can't make it here is the email address from the Aud website:

info@uticaaud.org

http://www.uticaaud.org/pages/page.cfm... and Contact

Email and tell them what you think.

I'm telling them that I think an AHL team would be a great addition to the area but that any use of grants, tax incentives, loand or outright handouts is not prudent now while we are laying off teachers, our infrastructure is crumbling and our taxes are going up while jobs are leaving. They are a public authority paid for with tax dollars. They need to do what is in the best interest of the taxpayers or they need to be held accountable.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true but but after the fact the people who have denied aren't to be trusted again. That has to be a concern.
Happens in sports all the time.
actually

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
You, are done. In utica, you are "toast". HA HA HA

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

actually wrote:
<quoted text>
You, are done. In utica, you are "toast". HA HA HA
That really means a lot. How's utica today?
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so but...
In this case the possible funding aspect transcends sports, where it doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things, and gets into the use of people's tax dollars.

There is absolutely no way that one red cent of taxpayer moiney should be spent on an AHL team for Utica. Let is sink or swim on its' own. Let those interested in that narrow field of entertainment pay for it and sustain it or not.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so but...
In this case the possible funding aspect transcends sports, where it doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things, and gets into the use of people's tax dollars.
There is absolutely no way that one red cent of taxpayer moiney should be spent on an AHL team for Utica. Let is sink or swim on its' own. Let those interested in that narrow field of entertainment pay for it and sustain it or not.
So are you going to the big aud meeting tonight?
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going to the big aud meeting tonight?
Don't know yet. If not they'll know what I'm thinking from the email. I urge everyone to let their feeling be known at:

Email: info@uticaaud.org

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know yet. If not they'll know what I'm thinking from the email. I urge everyone to let their feeling be known at:
Email: info@uticaaud.org
That's cool. I'm sure it will just be ignored considering its already done but write away. Actually you should send a couple of emails.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 16 min Okay 70
When are we going to see jobs at Marcy Chip plant? 22 min Escape from New H... 8
What's the difference between a naked white wom... 22 min same 7
Welfare...A Utican Way Of Life 23 min ScamCity 1
Utica's Booming Hotel Business 25 min Escape from New H... 2
Raspberry owner divorcing what happened? 27 min Frank Perritano 8
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 1 hr Capitalism 53
utica aud 1 hr Cliffy is wrong A... 91
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 2 hr civil service 96
utica national (Jun '13) 6 hr NY Voter 518

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
Utica Dating