AHL & Utica Flames is a Rumor!! Wanna...
Really

Herkimer, NY

#125 Mar 12, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever said the deal with utica is the same.
Utica 34 called out by Aud Comm. Calgary also denies rumors by Utica 34.

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#126 Mar 12, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Utica 34 called out by Aud Comm. Calgary also denies rumors by Utica 34.
You guys really need to keep yourselves up to date. See you this fall at the games.
fwiw

Morrisville, NY

#127 Mar 12, 2013
Didn't say the deal was the same. I said utica can't offer a deal anywhere near that attractive. Abbotsford guarantees revenue. Utica can't guarantee they will mow the grass this summer.

So what team would move from a deal that guarantees revenue... to a deal where they hope to spend less on travel, and hope to draw some fans? No one. No team makes that move. This is not the '93 Devils moving for a sweeter lease. In fact, it would be the exact opposite.

Besides all that...

Aud board member Louis Steppello, "the report of a deal with the Flames is false," "...a group of local business leaders have approached several NHL teams about moving their farm teams."

The Calgary Flames issued a statement denying the rumour and praising the current relationship with their Abbotsford farm team.

“We have been approached by representatives in Utica concerning an opportunity for the AHL.”“We are under contract and committed to Abbotsford, and have made no alternate commitments.”

So either they are both on the record, lying about their plans, or you are anonymously blogging garbage.

Tough call there.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#128 Mar 12, 2013
fwiw wrote:
Didn't say the deal was the same. I said utica can't offer a deal anywhere near that attractive. Abbotsford guarantees revenue. Utica can't guarantee they will mow the grass this summer.
So what team would move from a deal that guarantees revenue... to a deal where they hope to spend less on travel, and hope to draw some fans? No one. No team makes that move. This is not the '93 Devils moving for a sweeter lease. In fact, it would be the exact opposite.
Besides all that...
Aud board member Louis Steppello, "the report of a deal with the Flames is false," "...a group of local business leaders have approached several NHL teams about moving their farm teams."
The Calgary Flames issued a statement denying the rumour and praising the current relationship with their Abbotsford farm team.
“We have been approached by representatives in Utica concerning an opportunity for the AHL.”“We are under contract and committed to Abbotsford, and have made no alternate commitments.”
So either they are both on the record, lying about their plans, or you are anonymously blogging garbage.
Tough call there.
The deal doesn't have to be as sweet. Please reference my previous posts on how much money the team was losing in travel costs. Couple that with the leagues most brutal travel schedule (since abbotsfords entry in the league the team has been the most injured) they need to move. Other teams also are not happy with having to travel to the west coast...so much so that the travel costs of the teams in their division have to be paid for by the heat.
Bet me

New Hartford, NY

#129 Mar 12, 2013
fwiw wrote:
Besides all that...
Tough call there.
I would go with the latter
Truth

Utica, NY

#130 Mar 12, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys really need to keep yourselves up to date. See you this fall at the games.
No one ever said there was ANY deal with Utica except you. How do you explain that? The team denies it. The current host city denies it. Rob Esche denies it.

If in the end you are right there will be a lot of people who can never be trusted to speak the truth again I think. I mean how do you trust someone who's lied on multiple occasions if it suits their needs?

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#131 Mar 12, 2013
Spoken like people who do not follow the sport.
Truth

Utica, NY

#132 Mar 12, 2013
The Upper Mohawk Valley Auditorium Authority meets on the second Wednesday of every month. By my calender that's tomorrow. Why doesn't someone go to the meeting and ask them straight out what is going on. This is a public authority funded by taxpayers.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#133 Mar 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
The Upper Mohawk Valley Auditorium Authority meets on the second Wednesday of every month. By my calender that's tomorrow. Why doesn't someone go to the meeting and ask them straight out what is going on. This is a public authority funded by taxpayers.
How about you?
Really

Utica, NY

#134 Mar 12, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you?
You have been found out and can't handle it.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#135 Mar 12, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been found out and can't handle it.
I haven't been found out. Can't wait to laugh at everyone actually but keep posting 3 week old articles and thinking you're Sherlock Holmes.

Back to your point of the aud meeting. Why don't you go? You seem to be against taxpayers funding any part of this and post about it frequently. Why don't you go to the meeting then instead of suggesting someone else do it? Are you a typical utican? All talk?
Everyone

Herkimer, NY

#136 Mar 12, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been found out. Can't wait to laugh at everyone actually but keep posting 3 week old articles and thinking you're Sherlock Holmes.
Back to your point of the aud meeting. Why don't you go? You seem to be against taxpayers funding any part of this and post about it frequently. Why don't you go to the meeting then instead of suggesting someone else do it? Are you a typical utican? All talk?
You, Utica 34, are now a non-entity on this forum. Everyone knows you for what you are: a BSer and blowhard. No truth to your BS. LOL

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#137 Mar 12, 2013
Everyone wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Utica 34, are now a non-entity on this forum. Everyone knows you for what you are: a BSer and blowhard. No truth to your BS. LOL
does it bother you that some people know about this and you dont't. Does it hurt your ego that this was done without your approval? Do you feel left out of the loop. Keep referencing old articles. It's fitting. Most uticans like living in the past. It will only make it that much sweeter when the announcement happens.
jimmy olsen

Herkimer, NY

#138 Mar 12, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
does it bother you that some people know about this and you dont't. Does it hurt your ego that this was done without your approval? Do you feel left out of the loop. Keep referencing old articles. It's fitting. Most uticans like living in the past. It will only make it that much sweeter when the announcement happens.
They denied your rumor about hockey. Why would anyone believe anything you post?

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#139 Mar 12, 2013
jimmy olsen wrote:
<quoted text>
They denied your rumor about hockey. Why would anyone believe anything you post?
How many things get denied in the media and then suddenly become true?
sensible guy

Sherburne, NY

#140 Mar 12, 2013
Very simply the news was not supposed to get out but somehow it leaked out and forced the people involved to deny it!! PLAIN & SIMPLE! Sorry to say to all you "Utica34" haters but he's right! It's just some people refuse to believe it until it's plastered all over every media outlet!!

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#141 Mar 12, 2013
sensible guy wrote:
Very simply the news was not supposed to get out but somehow it leaked out and forced the people involved to deny it!! PLAIN & SIMPLE! Sorry to say to all you "Utica34" haters but he's right! It's just some people refuse to believe it until it's plastered all over every media outlet!!
Thank you. I would ask how you know but like myself I'm not about to post my name publicaly just yet. This board is going to be fun after the announcement. A lot of crow and humble pie will have to be eaten.:)
fwiw

Whitesboro, NY

#142 Mar 12, 2013
I never said it couldn't happen. I said it is a bad idea that will never draw enough fans to succeed.

That said, until they announce otherwise I consider what is quoted to be factual. I don't put much stock in message board, anonymous, my parents are connected, in the know, leaked out conspiracy, nonsense.

As of right now, utica businessmen have approached several AHL teams about the possibility of relocating. The flames have stated that they are under contract, and that they do not intend to make any other commitment.

Those are the facts right now until shown otherwise. Like it or not.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#143 Mar 12, 2013
fwiw wrote:
I never said it couldn't happen. I said it is a bad idea that will never draw enough fans to succeed.
That said, until they announce otherwise I consider what is quoted to be factual. I don't put much stock in message board, anonymous, my parents are connected, in the know, leaked out conspiracy, nonsense.
As of right now, utica businessmen have approached several AHL teams about the possibility of relocating. The flames have stated that they are under contract, and that they do not intend to make any other commitment.
Those are the facts right now until shown otherwise. Like it or not.
You're right. Those are the printed public facts as of right now.
Truth

Utica, NY

#144 Mar 13, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many things get denied in the media and then suddenly become true?
That's true but but after the fact the people who have denied aren't to be trusted again. That has to be a concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proctor graduation 34 min TRUTH 2
top HS basketball players in area 1 hr uticajock 1
attn HOW MANY AFRICAN COMPUTERS DO YOU OWN 1 hr CELERON ZERO 6
happy days CHIMPCOGO 300TH HOMICIDE THIS YEAR B... 1 hr 300 PRIDE 5
You Ever Think They Had Segregation For a Reason? 1 hr MORE PRIDE 7
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 1 hr ROG SHAT BROKE 2
Utica Club Sign (Mar '14) 1 hr What did we pay 16
irish center enough is enough 2 hr Grant Scam Economy 58
rob esche getting divorced 3 hr HI FATAZZ HANNA 10
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 4 hr Down Low Rob Queen 49