|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

UticaHockey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one as I regularly the Utica Devils games as well as many of the teams that followed. There were many Devils games on Wednesday and Thursday nights that the attendance was in the 1700 to 2200 range but Friday and Saturdays constantly drew in the 2600 to 3300 range with many nights in the 3300+ range. I honestly believe the attendance averages listed on the internet are accurate.
After the Devils left the teams that followed such as the Bulldogs, Blizzard and Prowlers were a different story as they never drew well at all. Between shady ownership and a quality of hockey much lower than the AHL at prices at the time that was about the same as when the Devils left many former Devils fans stayed away. I know a number of former Devils fans that drove out to Syracuse to watch the Crunch instead of supporting the CoHL and UHL teams in Utica. Yes I remember vividly the constant threats from shady owners like the Blizzard's Jeff Croop that he would move the team if the hockey fans in Utica didn't step up and purchase X amount of season tickets.
Jeff croop and his threats. Thinking back about those...they did nothing to endear the fans to the team at all. The last thing you want to do from a PR standpoint is threaten people you are asking for money...that is unless you're the mob. Lol
The Cretin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff croop and his threats. Thinking back about those...they did nothing to endear the fans to the team at all. The last thing you want to do from a PR standpoint is threaten people you are asking for money...that is unless you're the mob. Lol
or..........Cretin!
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

UticaHockey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one as I regularly the Utica Devils games as well as many of the teams that followed. There were many Devils games on Wednesday and Thursday nights that the attendance was in the 1700 to 2200 range but Friday and Saturdays constantly drew in the 2600 to 3300 range with many nights in the 3300+ range. I honestly believe the attendance averages listed on the internet are akiccurate.
After the Devils left the teams that followed such as the Bulldogs, Blizzard and Prowlers were a different story as they never drew well at all. Between shady ownership and a quality of hockey much lower than the AHL at prices at the time that was about the same as when the Devils left many former Devils fans stayed away. I know a number of former Devils fans that drove out to Syracuse to watch the Crunch instead of supporting the CoHL and UHL teams in Utica. Yes I remember vividly the constant threats from shady owners like the Blizzard's Jeff Croop that he would move the team if the hockey fans in Utica didn't step up and purchase X amount of season tickets.
as a season ticket holder i agree with the atendance figures. Weeknights were usually under 2000control fans, fridays would be 2000-2500the and saturdays were always over 3000the with alot of sellouts. I the devils did help get kids into hockey, rob was one of those who started playing after watching a devils game. I think there is a bigger base of fans to draw from now as whitestown hockey was just starting at that time. Those kids now have kids of there own. Also alot of people have said they didnt know how good we had it with a ahl team. There will be a more loyal following if given a second chance.
peter puck

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

I dont thimk utica hockey for pros will ever work here agin.

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

peter puck wrote:
I dont thimk utica hockey for pros will ever work here agin.
It worked in the past and can work again. See you this fall.
The Cretin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
It worked in the past and can work again. See you this fall.
Under what rock?.........Cretin!

Level 4

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

The Cretin wrote:
<quoted text>
Under what rock?.........Cretin!
The one in your head retard.

See everyone this fall.
Totally Creeeeetin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
The one in your head retard.
See everyone this fall.
There goes that "retard" Cretin Red Flag!

Level 4

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Totally Creeeeetin wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes that "retard" Cretin Red Flag!
How are those classes at boces treating you? Can you tie your own shoes now?
Kretin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
How are those classes at boces treating you? Can you tie your own shoes now?
Can't keep up with that Obama phone?.........Kretin!

Level 4

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Kretin wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't keep up with that Obama phone?.........Kretin!
Nope. Just smarter than you.
Kretin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Just smarter than you.
Cut and Paste again..........Kretin!

Level 4

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Kretin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut and Paste again..........Kretin!
Nope. I'm smarter than you.
Bet me

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Ruff N Ready

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

LOL. Vancouver Sun and MV Aud Authority deny report of AHL moving to Utica. LOL
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Bet me wrote:
That article says that the agreement calls for their current host city to cover any loss of revenue due to low attendance. Why would anyone want out of that deal?

Level 4

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

It's a done deal guys but believe what you want.
fwiw

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

not surprised.

Also not surprised that the Heat have lost $1.7M in two years.

The details of the ownership/city's 10-year deal is surprising.

"The agreement states that the local ownership group is guaranteed $5.7 million in revenue and the city at the cost of the taxpayer must subsidize the franchise for any financial shortfalls."

Yeah, no problem, utica could match that deal for the Heat or another AHL team. LOL Utica couldn't find $3M in their budget if all our lives depended on it!?!

Seriously, what sane mayor would ever put a deal like that out publicly? When its major streets look like wagon trails, vacant buildings litter every neighborhood, the tax base is shrinking so fast your heads are spinning,...

Level 4

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

fwiw wrote:
not surprised.
Also not surprised that the Heat have lost $1.7M in two years.
The details of the ownership/city's 10-year deal is surprising.
"The agreement states that the local ownership group is guaranteed $5.7 million in revenue and the city at the cost of the taxpayer must subsidize the franchise for any financial shortfalls."
Yeah, no problem, utica could match that deal for the Heat or another AHL team. LOL Utica couldn't find $3M in their budget if all our lives depended on it!?!
Seriously, what sane mayor would ever put a deal like that out publicly? When its major streets look like wagon trails, vacant buildings litter every neighborhood, the tax base is shrinking so fast your heads are spinning,...
No one ever said the deal with utica is the same.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever said the deal with utica is the same.
No one ever said there was ANY deal with Utica except you. How do you explain that? The team denies it. The current host city denies it. Rob Esche denies it.

If in the end you are right there will be a lot of people who can never be trusted to speak the truth again I think. I mean how do you trust someone who's lied on multiple occasions if it suits their needs?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

224 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UC shortage! 4 min t POLITIX 2
I cannot listen to Jason Powles any longer... (May '13) 14 min Donna 127
You Asked For It Robert T Oliveira 19 min Crackhead Booby 31
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 21 min broadwell 23
Bruce Karam 45 min Fool 4
Mid City Motors and Billy Wheeler 54 min consumerquestion 1
crackhead bobbys unpaid bills 58 min Crackhead Booby 77
Golfers- where do you play and why 1 hr uticas finest golfer 40
WKTV's new broadcast desk 1 hr onions 53
ConMed under siege? 3 hr Stock Market 12
Irish Fest 3 hr Terri 16
If Cuomo steps down over Moreland then what for... 9 hr NYC unhappiest city in US 53
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••