Death of child in Sauquoit Creek rule...

Death of child in Sauquoit Creek ruled ACCIDENTAL

Posted in the Utica Forum

FIGURES

Utica, NY

#1 Jun 25, 2013
Death of child in Sauquoit Creek ruled as accidental
By NEWSChannel 2 Staff
Story Created: Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM EDT
Story Updated: Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM EDT
NEW HARTFORD, N.Y.(WKTV)- Authorities have ruled the drowning death of 23 month old Ashi Kah in the Sauquoit Creek on June 15 as a tragic accident.

According to New Hartford Police, Ashi escaped the supervision of her mother for only a minute when she made her way into the Sauquoit Creek and was tragically swept away by a strong current.

Police said an immediate search was conducted by family and friends the moment it was realized that Ashi was missing. She was located approximately 1,000 feet downstream where she was pulled from the water and life saving techniques were begun by her mother.

The New Hartford Police stated that the Sauquoit Creek was running at an extremely fast pace on the 15th due to excessive rain. Emergency Medical Services on the scene were able to obtain a faint pulse from Ashi, and she was brought to the St. Elizabeth Medical Center where she was later pronounced dead.

The New Hartford Police Department states that there will be no charges filed in this case.

FIGURES - Another parental neglect case causing death of a child ignored by authorities. One Minute?! If I take my eyes away from the road one second while driving and hit an oncoming car head on and kill a child, will there also be no charges filed?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bite Bakery 13 min cta 7
any famous people living currently in utica? (Dec '08) 35 min Mickey 435
Trump used Russian dressing on his salad 38 min SandyArn 10
Castlewood cafe 40 min Crook 15
Was Brooks forced out 45 min Stan Jackson 231
Saying your a single mom, does not make you a hero (Nov '12) 56 min One opinion 107
Where's Bob Roberts 1 hr libmitch 5
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 1 hr Looking nice 27
Work On Aud Improvements 3 hr Looking nice 272
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 4 hr APEDRAIN TAXES 644

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages