Utica mayors big tax increase

Posted in the Utica Forum

duffy

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 21, 2014
he is a big spender as you can see No cuts??. One termer for sure.
Johnny Petrone Esq

Cooperstown, NY

#2 Feb 21, 2014
Thanks Uncle Rob! Raise those taxes so you can keep sliding me legal work!

Who cares if we don't pay our taxes? Silence peasants!!! My Uncle is the mayor!

By the way, how's the weather back in Utica? Ft. Lauderdale is beautiful!! Thanks taxpayers!

Vendors? We don't pay no stinkin vendors. You shut up too
question

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 21, 2014
Is there anything in the proposed budget for paving the third world goat paths Utica calls street?
voter

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 21, 2014
The OD should list the top 100 workers pay for last year so the taxpayers of Utica can see what they are paying for. Base pay and overtime it will shock you.
Truth

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 21, 2014
Can a control board be far off?

The mayor talks about contractual obligations that need to be met like pension contributions and healthcare. Those costs have risen drastically over the past number of years and there is no reason to believe that will not continue. There will come a time when the tax increases won't be able to keep pace with the costs and Utica will reach its' debt ceiling. We have all of these contractual obligations because a union representative and someone who supposedly represented the interests of the taxpayer sat at a table and hammered out a deal. Given things like show up pay and the cost of legacy retirement benefits I have to ask, who the heck was sitting on the side of the table representing the interests of the taxpayers? When the control board does show up they have the power to nullify all union contracts and bring the compensation and pension benefits in line with revenue. Time will tell but I think that is the only way out of this mess unless somebody with the political will to do something meaningful comes along.

He also talks about people not wanting services cut and that he gets phone calls all of the time regarding DPW and other issues. Newsflash - the time is coming when we will all suffer because this administration and administrations past haven't had the nerve to make the cuts that anyone who pays attention knows are coming if we have a control board.
Truth

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 21, 2014
voter wrote:
The OD should list the top 100 workers pay for last year so the taxpayers of Utica can see what they are paying for. Base pay and overtime it will shock you.
Here's the proposed budget. You are able to see salaries by position. No employee names but hire dates.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxIgcrHiz6w2b...

I was surprised by the number of police officers with hire dates of 2008(5 years of service) making in the $60k to 75k range.

On page 116 I see the street maintenance budget total of $118,500. Didn't the taxpayers of Utica pass a referendum a few years ago that mandates the city budget at least $2 million annually for paving? Does anyone remember that?
kamakazell

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 21, 2014
Palmieri is clown, he says the city is starting to turn, the only thing he did not mention is the city is turning for the worse, he will be the worse mayor in history before he hangs them up and when he leaves office everything in city hall better be nailed down because he and his family will loot the city. A real slob of a jerk.
curits jackson

Selkirk, NY

#9 Feb 21, 2014
If you played basketball with the mayor at nights of Columbus you can make a extra $30,000 a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill WKTV 4 min Just saying 59
ND and Warmack posts blocked....hmm 6 min NH Parent 2
who WANTS STDS FUNGUS RASH FROM DAVE SMITHS MOT... 7 min Bwaaaa 28
Sasquatch Spotted In New Hartford (Nov '13) 15 min cccny 13
Matt Sullivan out of GAIF 37 min Scam A Rama 10
Horse and Buggy Crossing Sign on Genesee Street... 44 min Big Bottomed Utican 1
Be Proud Utica Ranked At 851 45 min Big Bottomed Utican 10
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 9 hr Wide Bodied Utican 388
Rashy has been sacrificed for the public good 10 hr How 20
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:53 pm PST