Uticas Bright Future

Philadelphia, PA

#56 Feb 11, 2014
wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Esche and the comets are running the day to day operations at the aud. everything done down there is to benefit the comets. do you seriously think that the mohawk valley gardens are charging the comets to use the place???
On paper yes. They have to and then all of that money goes down south. Are you people seriously this ignorant?

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#57 Feb 11, 2014
Wboro Trash Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is. No one gives a sh it about either team in general but you living in utica could never comprehend that.
Albany is not a hockey town, combine that with the devils pathetic promotions and advertising and the fact that the local fans have, RIP and Union college at a better price and a lot better experiance than a 90% empty times union center and thats what you get. i would chose the college games over the devils to0, i like a loud building and fans that are into the game. thats what makes comets games so much fun!!!! and the team feeds off of the crowds at the aud, comets players and coaches continue to rave about having the loudest building in the league!!!
Uticas Bright Future

Philadelphia, PA

#58 Feb 11, 2014
wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Albany is not a hockey town, combine that with the devils pathetic promotions and advertising and the fact that the local fans have, RIP and Union college at a better price and a lot better experiance than a 90% empty times union center and thats what you get. i would chose the college games over the devils to0, i like a loud building and fans that are into the game. thats what makes comets games so much fun!!!! and the team feeds off of the crowds at the aud, comets players and coaches continue to rave about having the loudest building in the league!!!
Wow. What a sold person you are. "Loudest building in the league"...says who...the players feeding the local media to sell the team? Lol

"Team feeds off the crowds at the aud"...they have the second worst record in the league so they must still be hungry.

"Albany is not a hockey town"...well considering the capital district has two ahl minor league teams, two division one college teams, and every high school has a program I'd beg to differ. What I will agree on is Albany in general doesn't give a sh it about minor league hockey however it will always be here.

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#59 Feb 11, 2014
Uticas Bright Future wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. What a sold person you are. "Loudest building in the league"...says who...the players feeding the local media to sell the team? Lol
"Team feeds off the crowds at the aud"...they have the second worst record in the league so they must still be hungry.
"Albany is not a hockey town"...well considering the capital district has two ahl minor league teams, two division one college teams, and every high school has a program I'd beg to differ. What I will agree on is Albany in general doesn't give a sh it about minor league hockey however it will always be here.
actually some out of town fans have said the same, syracuse was in last week and they commented that the utica experience was better than crunch game as the comets keep the fans involved and entertained. also several bingo fans were on facebook and commented on a great atmosphere and loud building. but then again you dont go to minor league hockey games so you wouldnt have a clue.

and albany and utica sound alot alike, both have allot of high school hockey, but utica area has way more state championships. both have allot of college hockey, utica has mvcc, uc, hamilton and div 1 colgate which is closer to utica than glenns falls is to albany. the only real differance is that utica gives a damn about ahl hockey.
pretzel bender

Albany, NY

#60 Feb 11, 2014
wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text>
actually some out of town fans have said the same, syracuse was in last week and they commented that the utica experience was better than crunch game as the comets keep the fans involved and entertained. also several bingo fans were on facebook and commented on a great atmosphere and loud building. but then again you dont go to minor league hockey games so you wouldnt have a clue.
and albany and utica sound alot alike, both have allot of high school hockey, but utica area has way more state championships. both have allot of college hockey, utica has mvcc, uc, hamilton and div 1 colgate which is closer to utica than glenns falls is to albany. the only real differance is that utica gives a damn about ahl hockey.
You told him like it is and he still won't believe you ! You took the words right out of my mouth !
Fan

Rome, NY

#62 Feb 11, 2014
And of course my post is ignored once again.
Uticas Bright Future

Philadelphia, PA

#64 Feb 11, 2014
wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are ignorant. No disrespect but get out of your bubble man. "Colgate which is closer to utica than glenns falls is to albany".(I'll leave your misspelling and grammar to keep integrity). Glens falls is part of the capital district dude. I know in most utican minds 20 Miles's away is a world but it's truly not. Go travel man.
Uticas Bright Future

Philadelphia, PA

#65 Feb 11, 2014
comets comets comets wrote:
<quoted text>. All true bro...,.. All true!!!! I have season tickets and there are almost always new people on one side of us. They are blown away by the fan interaction that the video boards create. They will sit their waiting to see what's next!!!!! Its always entertaining. Everyone can see how much effort the comets have put into their product. And the promotions, the fan interaction, the food, its all good!!!! They make the old devils and crunch games look like mickey mouse operations!!! And the speed and talent of the game itself compleley blows away uc hockey!!
Are you amused by laser light shows too?
Another Thread Please LOL

Philadelphia, PA

#67 Feb 11, 2014
I like Utica Club wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do.
My suggestion if you want the right answers ask the right questions
Or
If your going to set up a scenerio make sure that its solid.
I did ask the right questions and ignorant idiots like you avoided them.
Prisons In Whitesboro

Philadelphia, PA

#69 Feb 11, 2014
Another Phony ReligousNut wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! The really AREN'T that smart up there! This is like Star Wars to those gorillas!
I'm convinced someone could light a can of gas on fire at oneida square and call it the "utica bonfire" and they will defend it like it's the greatest thing ever. Lol
Prisons In Whitesboro

Philadelphia, PA

#71 Feb 11, 2014
Another Phony ReligousNut wrote:
Hahahahah!
...and then they would turn it into a non profit.
Fan

Rome, NY

#72 Feb 11, 2014
I love it how whenever I take the time to post it gets completely ignored. Why?? Because my posts are intelligent and void of name calling.

It's disheartening the intelligent level of the majority on here. Someone posted that there was nothing to do and I have him a wide variety of activities...not one single reply.
Womens Luge

Albany, NY

#74 Feb 12, 2014
I wonder if the Comets will invite Erin Hamlin and her Bronze Medal to drop the puck on the opening faceoff ? She dropped the puck in the earlier part of the season . It would be great to see her again after her big success in the Sochi Olympics. Congratulations Erin ,hope to see you at a Comets game.
puck you

Albany, NY

#77 Feb 12, 2014
Does anyone know if Saturday's Comet-Rochester game is close to being a sellout ?
Fan

Ardsley, NY

#79 Feb 12, 2014
Apparently 3,815 people care. Not too many tickets left. You can check it out in their site.
Howie Meeker

Albany, NY

#81 Feb 12, 2014
I haven't seen a game in a while,I will be getting my ticket today before they sellout again.
Hockey Night in Utica

Albany, NY

#83 Feb 12, 2014
After the Rochester game there are only 2 games left in February,so get your tix while they're available.
CNY loaded with talent

Albany, NY

#86 Feb 12, 2014
Yannick Weber had a brief stint with the Comets and he now plays for the Canucks. He will now be playing for Switzerland in the winter Olympics. Imagine that, another Olympian that played in the Central New York area.
US goalie

Albany, NY

#88 Feb 12, 2014
Rob Esche is also an Olympian !
fanbase

Utica, NY

#89 Feb 13, 2014
I got my ticket , I'll be at the game !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dave Gordon for county clerk 1 hr Do it 3
chris phelps eternal images (Aug '11) 1 hr Not supprisd 19
Penree 2 hr Streets 5
Who remembers Frankie Fessia hooking up with Lou 2 hr Mary Fsca 1
Arrested for using the wrong bathroom 2 hr Bill Nye 13
Republicans make endorsements last night 2 hr Bova 2018 23
Proof that liberal leftist are bullies and sore... 3 hr Luke 3
Craigslist Personals Replacement 4 hr xoxo 27
Ispy photos of Utica Fur Ball 4 hr Ispy 21
New Greek restaurant on Genesee 5 hr Amy 29
Kraft Hockeyville NHL exhibition game at the Aud ? 11 hr Hez Utica Ridiculous 22
Comets owner quickly hands out Olive Branches 13 hr Hez Utica Ridiculous 10

Utica Jobs

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages