Posted in the Utica Forum

Good Neighbor

Carthage, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Upside is less drive-bys in da hood.
Charlie Celi

New York, NY

#3 Jul 17, 2013
I bet somebody could find the forever leather TV rant about high gas prices at Nice and Sleezy if they tried.

Hilarious!
I love the power-up 'fist bump' in the commercial.
rat ballz

New York, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2013
Here it is, in all its unedited glory:
utican

Utica, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2013
Blame your state government for that. They've made natural gas the enemy and now we're all paying for it.
Cry More

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2013
Waaaah I'm a huge obese American who chose to drive a huge gas guzzler and live a long distance from my job and now I have to reap the consequences
BO gonna fix

New York, NY

#7 Jul 18, 2013
Not a problem,'Cruz the nation's SECOND BLACK Prez is gonna fix it!!

See here:

Dumb (ph)ukks.
Continued

Herkimer, NY

#8 Jul 19, 2013
Stop buying and the price will go down; very simple, really.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Jul 20, 2013
Rumors out there that 17 cents more next week.$4.00 and then what ?
blind

New York, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Continued wrote:
Stop buying and the price will go down; very simple, really.
You are blind to the massive swindling in petroleum markets. You are also very ignorant of the declining purchasing power of the US Dollar due to poor monetary policy by the Federal Reserve (qualitative easing, interest rate cuts to flood the market with cheap credit, etc.)

Crude oil prices are set by a cartel of member nations in OPEC and by oil futures traders at major world exchanges. End price is further rigged by the refiners and distributors who hold giant sway in the means of production and transport of fuels.

Don't forget the federal, state and county taxes on fuels also add to the cost...whether you stop buying gas or not.
Really

Herkimer, NY

#11 Jul 22, 2013
blind wrote:
<quoted text>
You are blind to the massive swindling in petroleum markets. You are also very ignorant of the declining purchasing power of the US Dollar due to poor monetary policy by the Federal Reserve (qualitative easing, interest rate cuts to flood the market with cheap credit, etc.)
Crude oil prices are set by a cartel of member nations in OPEC and by oil futures traders at major world exchanges. End price is further rigged by the refiners and distributors who hold giant sway in the means of production and transport of fuels.
Don't forget the federal, state and county taxes on fuels also add to the cost...whether you stop buying gas or not.
You lose all cred when you say "whether you stop buying or not". Make all of the statements you wish, but demand and supply are the keys to pricing in any commodity.
not so simple

New York, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose all cred when you say "whether you stop buying or not". Make all of the statements you wish, but demand and supply are the keys to pricing in any commodity.
Commodity pricing for oil is not as simple as you believe it is. That's all the poster was pointing out. It's much more complex than most people realize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gordon's Tap Room 35 min This too 6
this chick is dirty. (Sep '13) 1 hr omg 7
bufflo head has anyone been there past few months 1 hr Charles in charge 40
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 1 hr Hog Heaven 36
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 2 hr Out 9
Mayor Robert M. Palmieri divided businesses in ... 3 hr Rufie 7
Landmarc Building rebirth brings 31 homes to Do... (Oct '14) 4 hr Utican 13

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance