Major Closing
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Kirkwood

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Nov 24, 2012
I heard over Thanksgiving that there will be a major closing in Rome. An announcement will likely not be made until after the holidays, but its pretty big.

My sister-in-law works for the place and they had some kind of bigwig meeting last week. She said they had a closed session afterwards and made the decision.

It's all because of money and is pretty sad.
Sam

Greig, NY

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Kirkwood wrote:
I heard over Thanksgiving that there will be a major closing in Rome. An announcement will likely not be made until after the holidays, but its pretty big.
My sister-in-law works for the place and they had some kind of bigwig meeting last week. She said they had a closed session afterwards and made the decision.
It's all because of money and is pretty sad.
well if you know just tell us
Bbo

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 24, 2012
A major closing of what? Private business? Government jobs? If you can't name it, can you be a bit more specific? As written, it sounds like another false alarmist post.
Kirkwood

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Bbo wrote:
A major closing of what? Private business? Government jobs? If you can't name it, can you be a bit more specific? As written, it sounds like another false alarmist post.
It's not, but it doesn't affect me. It will come out soon enough.
Starkist

Utica, NY

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Kirkwood wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not, but it doesn't affect me. It will come out soon enough.
You give us all enough bait to bite & then let us go......
Dr King

United States

#6 Nov 24, 2012
It is a gov contractor.
what

Minoa, NY

#7 Nov 24, 2012
is it dfas in rome
A Nonny Muss

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 24, 2012
You're already anonymous and you're so brilliant that you can't say what it is? Why couldn't you say if you really had something?
Jack

Herkimer, NY

#10 Nov 25, 2012
Several captains will be promoted to fill the void.
madman

Boston, MA

#11 Nov 25, 2012
It's Tebbs.
family dollar

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Nov 25, 2012
Family Dollar warehouse is leavin
gun45acp

Utica, NY

#13 Nov 25, 2012
Well if Family Dollar closes, maybe Wal-Mart can convert building into another SuperCenter
Idiots elected Obama

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 25, 2012
This is no secret, it is defence department cuts, all part of the obama cuts in defence spending and part of the finacial cliff Obama is taking us over. This was all known before the election but the media his the story. Across the country tens of thousands of government defence department workers are losing their jobs.
Idiots elected Obama

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 25, 2012
This was all known this past summer. When you lose your job, make sure you thank the Obama voters you know.

WASHINGTON -- Tens of thousands of civilian employees in the Defense Department could receive warnings about potential layoffs four days before the November election if impending spending cuts aren't averted, hitting presidential battleground states such as Virginia and Florida hard.

The alerts would come in addition to any that major defense contractors might send out at the same time to their workers under an often-overlooked law, a prospect that is unnerving the White House roughly three months before voters go to the polls.
Thank you

Whitesboro, NY

#17 Nov 25, 2012
Idiots elected Obama wrote:
This was all known this past summer. When you lose your job, make sure you thank the Obama voters you know.
WASHINGTON -- Tens of thousands of civilian employees in the Defense Department could receive warnings about potential layoffs four days before the November election if impending spending cuts aren't averted, hitting presidential battleground states such as Virginia and Florida hard.
The alerts would come in addition to any that major defense contractors might send out at the same time to their workers under an often-overlooked law, a prospect that is unnerving the White House roughly three months before voters go to the polls.
Thank you Obama for reducing spending. Thats why I voted for you.
Uneducated Romney Sheep

Whitesboro, NY

#18 Nov 25, 2012
Idiots elected Obama wrote:
This is no secret, it is defence department cuts, all part of the obama cuts in defence spending and part of the finacial cliff Obama is taking us over. This was all known before the election but the media his the story. Across the country tens of thousands of government defence department workers are losing their jobs.
Before you start calling people idiots, look in the mirror moron. First of all it's DEFENSE spending and FISCAL cliff not "finacial" or FINANCIAL dummy. If you're gonna beat the drum of the pathetic republican cause, at least get the words right. You only validate why people chose not to jump on Romney's sinking ship with all you morons on board. God help this country!
obama voters are idiots

Utica, NY

#19 Nov 25, 2012
Obama is driving us off the FISCAL CLIFF.

What is the Fiscal Cliff? Resources on the Obama Tax INCREASES, Sequestration, and the Lame Duck Congress.

Sequestration is the DEFENCE Department cuts.

When you lose your job, thank the idiots that supported Obama.
obama voters are idiots

Utica, NY

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Aftr 4 years of FAILURE the idiot Obama supporters voted for more FAILURE.
When you lose your jobs, thank the idiot Obama voter
When cost of gas goes up, thank the idiot Obama voters
When your taxes go UP, thank the idiot Obama voters
When the dollar loses value, thank the idiot obama voters

the only sheep are the leeches that follow obama and are destroying the country
obama voters are idiots

Utica, NY

#21 Nov 25, 2012
What spending did Obama reduce, all obama did was change where the spending went. Instead of defence spending he is giving the money to the Muslim brotherhood. Are you soo stupid that you don;t realize taxes are going UP. If he reduced spending taxes would go down. Obama sent Chrysler overseas and now he is sending the American tax dollars overseas.

You have proved yourself the idiot we all know you were when you stated you supported mored obama failure
Thank you wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Obama for reducing spending. Thats why I voted for you.
Jack

Herkimer, NY

#22 Nov 25, 2012
obama voters are idiots wrote:
What spending did Obama reduce, all obama did was change where the spending went. Instead of defence spending he is giving the money to the Muslim brotherhood. Are you soo stupid that you don;t realize taxes are going UP. If he reduced spending taxes would go down. Obama sent Chrysler overseas and now he is sending the American tax dollars overseas.
You have proved yourself the idiot we all know you were when you stated you supported mored obama failure
<quoted text>
He's your president too. We are all in the same boat. Thank you for paying your part:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The U P D cover-up 3 min bad pig 92
utica YOU WILL LOVE /\|lGGERSS DO WHAT I SAY 43 min Make Utica Great 32
Women who are in process of divorce. But can no... 52 min lilkitty70 1
jaks in barneveld (Jul '14) 54 min Dinasdoggieden 89
Women getting divirced 56 min lilkitty70 20
Trump banning media 1 hr Futile Exercise 9
Comets cecelie and rob 1 hr Gilles Meloche 19
Talk of the Town 2 hr Coffee sucks 27
Places for tomato pie? 2 hr utica truth 26
Tenney 7 hr wire 85