Disappointed with WUTR

Posted in the Utica Forum

WUTR_Viewer

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jan 28, 2013
We all need to write emails to news@wutr.tv and cc smerren@wutr.tv and tell them they need to start covering shit!

It's so annoying that I try to give WUTR a chance and watch them and look their news up on their website and half the time they don't cover the stuff that's important.

They have someone working there during the day when all the reporters are out and that person STILL doesn't update their damn website with stories.

Remember that guy who drove into the pond? Or the Christmas eve fire? WUTR didn't cover either of those. It's so embarassing that all their reporters there want to do is just cover "happy stories" and not do any investigative digging. I saw one person cover a story on "What are your thoughts on the new budget?"

DERP. Do some actual news digging girls! Don't ask us or present us with stupid ass stories like "what is your opinion on gun control?" Make a facebook post... They want to be better than WKTV yet they refuse to update their website in a day and age where social media and shit is what you're supposed to be doing!!!!

End rant.
go back

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 28, 2013
WUTR_Viewer wrote:
We all need to write emails to news@wutr.tv and cc smerren@wutr.tv and tell them they need to start covering shit!
It's so annoying that I try to give WUTR a chance and watch them and look their news up on their website and half the time they don't cover the stuff that's important.
They have someone working there during the day when all the reporters are out and that person STILL doesn't update their damn website with stories.
Remember that guy who drove into the pond? Or the Christmas eve fire? WUTR didn't cover either of those. It's so embarassing that all their reporters there want to do is just cover "happy stories" and not do any investigative digging. I saw one person cover a story on "What are your thoughts on the new budget?"
DERP. Do some actual news digging girls! Don't ask us or present us with stupid ass stories like "what is your opinion on gun control?" Make a facebook post... They want to be better than WKTV yet they refuse to update their website in a day and age where social media and shit is what you're supposed to be doing!!!!
End rant.
You are perfect for WKTV and the OD. Return to those outlets for your updates. I'll continue with WUTR.
Mr Ed

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jan 29, 2013
WTF wrote:
You people need to take a chill pill with all your complaining over the news and how it's reported.
So,are you saying that we should settle for mediocrity, at best? No, we deserve news and if they call themselves a news station or paper then they should deliver. Otherwise why bother?
NewsGoer

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 29, 2013
I think WUTR does a great job. THere weather is covered great. And they are up to date with their technology.
Power

Camillus, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2013
WTF wrote:
You people need to take a chill pill with all your complaining over the news and how it's reported.
when
go back

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 29, 2013
WTF wrote:
Go back to sleep. Glad you settle.

Level 2

Since: Mar 10

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 29, 2013
There is a reason WUTR is owned by Deathstar Broacasting....they will blow eventually! Perry Sook and Tim Busch are two of the biggest scumbags ever!!! They will burn in hell for what they have done to good employees!
MVPC

Utica, NY

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Their coverage of mohawk valley psych ladt week was pitiful
WUTR is bad

Worcester, MA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
They ARE not up to date with technology. If they were they would know how to update social media throughout the day.

And none of you even answered what I wrote. If WUTR is all you watch, you would have NEVER known about the people who died in the pond and car crash the other day. Or the Christmas eve fire. It's just ridiculous. They cover stuff that's easy or they don't have to do work for it seems.
cant be

Utica, NY

#11 Jan 30, 2013
WUTR is bad wrote:
They ARE not up to date with technology. If they were they would know how to update social media throughout the day.
And none of you even answered what I wrote. If WUTR is all you watch, you would have NEVER known about the people who died in the pond and car crash the other day. Or the Christmas eve fire. It's just ridiculous. They cover stuff that's easy or they don't have to do work for it seems.
Nobody cares! WUTR is the best we have.
wutr_awful

East Syracuse, NY

#12 Feb 18, 2014
that station has gone to shit. what happened to jenifer lee and rachel polansky? only good reporters are gone. i liked elsa too. don dudley is clown. sounds like anchorman
a viewer

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 20, 2014
NewsGoer wrote:
I think WUTR does a great job. THere weather is covered great. And they are up to date with their technology.
they are better than wktv.
Hey

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 20, 2014
Don't pick on Dudley Do-right!
ya don

Apopka, FL

#15 Feb 24, 2014
I watch wutr for the comedy of don trying to talk. Soulds like hes deepthroating msrbles while talking
And

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 24, 2014
ya don wrote:
I watch wutr for the comedy of don trying to talk. Soulds like hes deepthroating msrbles while talking
Not to mention that phoney smile...and who's teeth does he have in his mouth?
About Samantha

Herkimer, NY

#17 May 15, 2014
Samantha Wessing's voice is like scratches on a chalkboard! Why would anyone let her speak so much? I have to turn the channel when she speaks. Not to mention she can't speak without huffing and gulping as if she's out of breath. AND it's every single time she speaks. That's what people who are out of shape do when they speak too long. She needs to get her voice in shape so she can report without being out of breath. Can't believe her supervisors don't help her with this. Rachel has a similar voice tone, which is equally unbearable, but she doesn't gulp out of breath as she speaks.

I generally like the ABC lineup so it's beyond annoying that her voice is so unbearable. Oh well, I just turn to WKTV.
uticanna

Utica, NY

#18 May 15, 2014
Bring back Jeff Matthews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
injured WELFARE FAILURE HAS HURT VAG WILL POST ... (Jan '14) 5 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 4
fat MOUTH TACO GRINDER Hector Hernandez WELFAR... 6 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 21
big SHOCKER TORRELL CHARGED WITH A ONE DRUG FEL... 6 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 5
gang ASSAULT APES NOW ROAM FREE FEED BY obama 6 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 27
lets ALL WEAR NYLONS ON HEAD AND ACT LIKE SAVAG... 7 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 2
all UPSET clif TON DOESNT HAVE THE IQ TO ANSWER... 7 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 25
why SREGGIN WEAR NYLONS BAGS ON HEAD LIKE A HAT 7 min Billy HAMBONE Wil... 47
ND defeats Proctor! 21 min Get a life pedo 23
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 26 min Chilza 204
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 47 min help 22
Who's Buying Hotel Utica? Gaetano Ripoff - Unpa... 1 hr The Dodger 101
What's the coward Parole Officers name? 1 hr A Family Affair I... 56
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:58 am PST

NBC Sports 3:58AM
Wednesday morning one-liners
Bleacher Report 7:57 AM
NFL Playoffs: What the Green Bay Packers Need to Do to Make a Super Bowl Run
NBC Sports 8:50 AM
Osi Umenyiora tells Jonathan Massaquoi to keep complaints private
ESPN10:15 AM
Vick has paid down nearly all of $18M debt
NBC Sports12:29 PM
Giants safety Rolle not listening to the critics - NBC Sports
ESPN12:35 PM
Rolle wants to finish his career with Giants
ESPN 2:28 PM
Revis: Rex's shaky status with Jets is 'sad'
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 3:57 PM
Win and hope: Bills focus solely on facing Raiders - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports