Horrible accident on commercial dr
cupcake

Cortland, NY

#196 Nov 21, 2010
Stop passing judgement and look at yourselves....no one knows what was going on when this tragic accident occurred and I am sure that we all are guilty of texting or talking on our phone or speeding at one time or another....the plain and simple truth is ....a young life was lost...a brother, a son, a friend and co-worker. He was funny and we will miss you Guy.....to all the haters....remember Karma!!!!
Tami

Danvers, MA

#197 Nov 21, 2010
T DOGG wrote:
Tami why are you even justifying their stupid and disgusting claims with a answer. How can some of you even live with yourselves talking like this about a young man who has just died. Dont you trash have any respect for the dead. I am beside myself reading these lies you idiots are saying about Guy. I think it was best said that his family and close friends can read this. Please know this is wrong what you're doing.. Give the Fornino family you're prays And support in this bad time.
I know I am just degusted of these lies. I have known him since he was born he is a wonderful person. The loss was not of a small one it was a great one and he will be missed by many, including me Love u Guy!
T DOGG

United States

#198 Nov 21, 2010
I got to know Guy and two of his sisters when my friend worked for the pizza shop. I use to rent from his uncle Mike S, and Guy was always a very funny and a cool person .. I just am sick to my stomach that people just want to be heartless and write bullshit on this board. Please people no more... R.I.P Guy.
NH Mom

Utica, NY

#199 Nov 21, 2010
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
No not a worthless pig like you sucking off some rich man's money. That is the stereotypical NH mom, gutter trash too good to work for their own money. They will just spread their legs to the first rich guy that comes along and suck them dry. We know your type, just a step up from the prostitutes on the street corners, only you're no better than them. Now be a good girl and swallow his pride. gulp
Well I guess I'm not the stereotypical NH mom, if there is such a thing. I happen to work for a living, as does my husband, and we are far from rich. We pay our bills and make sure our children have the necessities, and not everything they want. R.I.P. Guy 727
NH Mom

Utica, NY

#200 Nov 21, 2010
cupcake wrote:
Stop passing judgement and look at yourselves....no one knows what was going on when this tragic accident occurred and I am sure that we all are guilty of texting or talking on our phone or speeding at one time or another....the plain and simple truth is ....a young life was lost...a brother, a son, a friend and co-worker. He was funny and we will miss you Guy.....to all the haters....remember Karma!!!!
Well said.
Regina

Milpitas, CA

#201 Nov 21, 2010
Your an idiot and an asshole! That young man was someones son, brother, nephew, grandson and friend. Death is not something to joke about! How do you think the family feels when they shit like this!!
Relatives of Gaetano “Guy” Fornino struggled to deal with the New Hartford man’s death Wednesday, in the middle of what should have been a week of celebrations.

Tuesday, the day Fornino crashed his pickup truck into a vehicle transporter on Commercial Drive in Yorkville, was his sister’s birthday. And today is his cousin’s birthday, family members said.

But those occasions were pushed aside after the 23-year-old succumbed to his injuries Wednesday at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica.

“We all love him very much, and we’re going to miss him very much,” said Fornino’s cousin Vinny Ruggiero.

Vinny Ruggiero said he and Fornino grew up together, and had shared many of the same interests throughout their lives – from building tree forts together as children to riding dirt bikes together as adults.

Fornino and his family were well known for their family business – Venice Pizzeria on Oriskany Boulevard in Yorkville.

When Ruggiero’s sister, Jessica Ruggiero, created a memorial page for Fornino on Facebook Wednesday evening, nearly 150 people joined in a matter of minutes.

Jessica Ruggiero said it was difficult to accept that her cousin was gone when she had just seen him three days earlier.

“He was always the type of person that could put a smile on your face, no matter what the circumstance was,” she said.“He would always bring the light to the room.”

Fornino graduated from New Hartford Senior High School and earned a degree from Mohawk Valley Community College in 2007, his cousins said.

While police identified Fornino as being from Whitesboro, his cousins said he most recently had been living with a longtime girlfriend in New Hartford.

Whitestown police said Fornino crashed his Ford pickup truck into the rear of an automobile transporter at about 5:50 p.m. Tuesday. Firefighters from New York Mills and Yorkville had to extricate him from the vehicle before he could be transported by Kunkel Ambulance to St. Elizabeth.

The driver of the second vehicle, 31-year-old Ademir Halkic of Utica, was not injured. Police said the accident remains under investigation.

Fornino’s friend Kara Johnson, of New Hartford, posted several messages on his Facebook page Wednesday.

“He loved life,” she said.“He was always there if anyone ever needed him, and he would always drop whatever he was doing if you called him and needed him, with no questions.”

Information on funeral arrangements was not immediately available.

Copyright 2010 The Observer-Dispatch, Utica, New York. Some rights reserved

Loading commenting interface...
Comments (0)
Thank you for the abuse report. We will review the report and take appropriate action.
Loading comments...

Login or register to post a comment:
Login
Username: Password: Forgot password Register
Email: First Name: Last Name: I agree to the terms of use I am over 13 years of age
NOTE: Your inbox must accept emails from "[email protected] com"
Related Stories
New Hartford resident in critical condition following Tuesday crash
Top Stories
Posted 6 hour(s) ago
Christmas on Main Street fireworks accident kills Canastota man Posted 8 hour(s) ago
Family wants answers in Herkimer woman’s death Updated 1 hour(s) ago
Chazy boys soccer defeats Hamilton Central in overtime
Read More »
Regina

Milpitas, CA

#202 Nov 21, 2010
ps I am sure you are bored,but I suggest you find something better to do with your time. All your hurtfull angry energy needs to be redirected! You too could be loved by many ( there is nothing better than that, LOVE), alike Guy! Sorry your so miserable, I really am. You only have one life and to spend it in this state is soooo sad. I'll pray for.....
a mother

Herkimer, NY

#203 Nov 22, 2010
so that all of you making negative comments.. get a clue. He was not drinking. He was on his way home from work to dinner. There is a special place in hell for all of you with nothing better to do than make negative comments on this forum. May it never happen to your or your loved ones. And God forbid it does, you are not subjected to ignorant assholes such as yourselves.
RIP Guy
B Tut

Utica, NY

#204 Nov 22, 2010
cupcake wrote:

Amen to that Well said
NH Mom

Syracuse, NY

#205 Nov 22, 2010
Thats what happens when you smoke crack and drive.no loss
B Tut

Utica, NY

#206 Nov 22, 2010
You know I like never get on this TOPIX site cause of some of the horrable things that people type about stories that have no clue about Basically (finger muscles). Guy was a friend of our family for sure. He was always a joy to have around and will never forget the memories we had of him.Yes everyone wonders what happen that night.Dont really think anyone will know for sure and it doesnt matter. The thing that matters is that we remember our memeries with Guy. And send thoughts and prayers out to all of the family and friends.
RIP Guy 727
NH Mom

Syracuse, NY

#207 Nov 22, 2010
Your crack smoking memories are very important.
Don't let anyone say otherwise>
God Bless crackrock!
Piggie

Herkimer, NY

#208 Nov 22, 2010
NH Mom wrote:
Your crack smoking memories are very important.
Don't let anyone say otherwise>
God Bless crackrock!
too bad it wasn't NH wh*re. One less douche mouth to worry about
who cares

AOL

#209 Nov 22, 2010
who cares, I don't
Yep

Clark Mills, NY

#210 Nov 22, 2010
It's a shame that some real idiots have to get their jollies from the pain of others. It makes no difference who it was or why it happened they get off on making vile comments or insulting the families of the greiving. Sometimes they just bust in on any thread posted just to stir things up. I guess you could sum it up by saying that their own lives are so lackluster and boring that they need to be so almight powerful here - just to hurt others. My guess is, within three minutes of this post one of them will try to rip me apart and bash me. Oh well!
Yankee

Morrisville, NY

#211 Nov 22, 2010
NH Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick. He wasn't a clueless pizza boy. At least he was working, not sucking off the welfare system. I could go in to details, but you aren't worth it.
Could you? Really?
Yankee

Morrisville, NY

#212 Nov 22, 2010
cupcake wrote:
Nope, you're wrong. Many of us do not waste our time with cell phones and texting - such trivia! And we abide the traffic laws - just makes good sense. The investigators who have to reconstruct this senseless loss know what was going on. Disagreeing with you does not make anyone a "hater" (whatever the hell that is). And, just what do you mean by 'remember Karma'? Is that supposed to be some kind of threat? If so, it's baseless, toothless and stupid.
Monday Morning Quarterbak

AOL

#213 Nov 22, 2010
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're wrong. Many of us do not waste our time with cell phones and texting - such trivia! And we abide the traffic laws - just makes good sense. The investigators who have to reconstruct this senseless loss know what was going on. Disagreeing with you does not make anyone a "hater" (whatever the hell that is). And, just what do you mean by 'remember Karma'? Is that supposed to be some kind of threat? If so, it's baseless, toothless and stupid.
Well, Pin a Rose on you! Congrats on your superior intelligence. I suppose you never did anything in your youth that you could look back on and say...wow, I was really foolish, and really lucky, that day. You are pompous. People hurt. Spare us. Nobody wants to hear about how smart you are.
Move on

Syracuse, NY

#214 Nov 22, 2010
This post is over, move on. Please keep your comments to yourself. This is the hardest time for the family. Forget what you think and how you feel, because it does not matter. Many were not a part of it and they never will be, its just a lot of nonsense opinions. We all have a lot to do and can focus our attention on our own lives, leave this family to grieve on their own and put your focus on your own family lives. Winter is coming, the days are getting shorter, I wish at least that we could wake up in Florida with 60 degree weather instead of the cold darkness up here. Have a great night and cherish your loved ones...
Just Me

Montgomery, AL

#215 Nov 23, 2010
My condolences and prayers go out to the friends and family he left behind. Regardless of the circumstances of the accident, he was still a human being, and somebody's son, grandson, brother and friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam wessing 22 min Jenel 38
West Utica/Scooby doo (Mar '10) 1 hr michele 49
Mary Heldman (Jun '13) 3 hr Brian 9
Oriskany blvd smell 4 hr Scooby dooby doo 2
Wicked the band (Jul '13) 4 hr Megga 18
lisa martin (Dec '09) 4 hr Goldberg 8
Easy bartenders 4 hr Sal 20
Mayors $20,000 raise 5 hr logic 28
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 8 hr Titanium22 241
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 16 hr Wait 35