Why am I forced to buy my uniforms fr...

Why am I forced to buy my uniforms from Josies Uniforms

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
MVCC Nursing Student

West Leyden, NY

#1 Apr 15, 2010
I feel that if I find it better and cheaper online or elsewhere locally then I should not be forced to buy from one shop for my stuff. I am not a fan of that shop and feel that something is up with that shop and the school money wise..... I will not be told where I need to buy my supplies when I know I have other options as well.
Yankee

United States

#2 Apr 15, 2010
Ask the nursing program faculty. Perhaps this shop offers a discount for MVCC students. Maybe they want all the student nurses in one distinctive uniform so they can be easily identified. Maybe the school wants its students to concentrate on their nursing, rather than their 'stylin''.

In the grand scheme of things, you're whining over a rather small detail. Good luck with your studies if you're really cut out for nursing. Good luck to your patients if you're not.
MVCC Nursing Student

Ithaca, NY

#3 Apr 15, 2010
first off...its not cheaper their....when I have to spend out of my pocket then I should be able to buy anywhere online or local in other shops that carry the same thing. i am in the field of nursing already and being that I am attending school to better my career I am now being told that I need to get my stuff there. I have had bad issues with that shop in the past from the people who run it and vowed to never shop there in the first place due to being treated terrible when shopping in there and having issues when trying to exchange an item. I did not have the receipt, but I purchased a pair of pants a day earlier and she knew that I was in there and they wouldn't even let me exchange because I misplaced my receipt, so I went elsewhere and the other shop i went to actually took the pant and gave me a credit even though I did not purchase it from them because they felt that it should have been exchanged knowing the item came from their shop. Little things like that burn me and when I am told I now have to get my stuff from them I just simply refuse and WILL find my stuff elsewhere...If I get a problem with it I will expose quite a bit to the local media about this and make a big stink about it for the hell of it. Nobody tells me where I need to spend my money.
justautican

New Hartford, NY

#4 Apr 15, 2010
are you learning anything about caring for the sick and helpless? just wondering.
Duhhhhh

Jamesville, NY

#5 Apr 15, 2010
Were you never informed of the need to buy at one place? Guess you should have asked more questions. And suck it up, and quit complaining. Your attitude is clearly a reason to fail. For the publics sake.
owner

Cazenovia, NY

#6 Apr 15, 2010
Yankee wrote:
Ask the nursing program faculty. Perhaps this shop offers a discount for MVCC students. Maybe they want all the student nurses in one distinctive uniform so they can be easily identified. Maybe the school wants its students to concentrate on their nursing, rather than their 'stylin''.
In the grand scheme of things, you're whining over a rather small detail. Good luck with your studies if you're really cut out for nursing. Good luck to your patients if you're not.
i give kick backs to the school so we all make money.
Beanz

Stony Brook, NY

#8 Apr 15, 2010
MVCC Nursing Student wrote:
first off...its not cheaper their....when I have to spend out of my pocket then I should be able to buy anywhere online or local in other shops that carry the same thing. i am in the field of nursing already and being that I am attending school to better my career I am now being told that I need to get my stuff there. I have had bad issues with that shop in the past from the people who run it and vowed to never shop there in the first place due to being treated terrible when shopping in there and having issues when trying to exchange an item. I did not have the receipt, but I purchased a pair of pants a day earlier and she knew that I was in there and they wouldn't even let me exchange because I misplaced my receipt, so I went elsewhere and the other shop i went to actually took the pant and gave me a credit even though I did not purchase it from them because they felt that it should have been exchanged knowing the item came from their shop. Little things like that burn me and when I am told I now have to get my stuff from them I just simply refuse and WILL find my stuff elsewhere...If I get a problem with it I will expose quite a bit to the local media about this and make a big stink about it for the hell of it. Nobody tells me where I need to spend my money.
Good luck getting a job with that shitty attitude! lmao!!!
Student

East Syracuse, NY

#9 Apr 15, 2010
Can you find the same pants online? i would rather order pants cause im taller and can get them online longer probably. Dont they just have to be white????
Why

Watertown, NY

#10 Apr 15, 2010
You shouldn't have to buy a uniform from any school-sponsored store any more than a student in another program should have to buy a textbook from a certain place. If it meets the criteria defined by the cirriculum, then I say "buy it wherever it's the cheapest".

If the school has a problem with it, I'd be curious as to WHY...
Local Shopper

Ithaca, NY

#11 Apr 15, 2010
Student wrote:
Can you find the same pants online? i would rather order pants cause im taller and can get them online longer probably. Dont they just have to be white????
Go at the other stores locally and see what each has if all you need to do is require white pants... I am sure they have stuff.. I think there are a couple shops on oriskany blvd that carry that sh$t....why go online and pay for shipping, besides if they don't fit YOU will be paying for the shipping back so look local first. type in online uniforms in Utica, NY area and see what comes up online and just research yourself...not that hard to do.
eat it

Rome, NY

#12 Apr 15, 2010
most people that are forced to go to Josies is because you have a voucher from your school for a discount, if you aren't getting it then you are the educated nurse idiot.
Local Shopper

United States

#13 Apr 15, 2010
eat it wrote:
most people that are forced to go to Josies is because you have a voucher from your school for a discount, if you aren't getting it then you are the educated nurse idiot.
Any discount given brings it just about where it would be for regular cost.. I know , I've shopped there..
Whistlin Dixie

Manlius, NY

#14 Apr 15, 2010
Why wrote:
You shouldn't have to buy a uniform from any school-sponsored store any more than a student in another program should have to buy a textbook from a certain place. If it meets the criteria defined by the cirriculum, then I say "buy it wherever it's the cheapest".
If the school has a problem with it, I'd be curious as to WHY...
This person makes the most sense. A lot of the rest sound like they just want to throw mud. Geez, to acuse someone of being stupid because they make a valid comment? That's ignorant.
ScotLady

Fayetteville, NY

#15 Apr 15, 2010
Programs want uniforms ordered from one supplier for a reason....UNIFORMITY. When you are all grown up and a big girl nurse you can buy whatever you want, wherever your little heart desires. It is the same with all the local programs, St. E's Nursing and Radiology and St. Lukes Radiology. Suck it up for a while. If a pair of white pants gets stained buy replacements wherever you want, that is what happens. I am sure you making a big stink about something so trivial would really impress a lot of people, you might even change the world!
Whistlin Dixie

Manlius, NY

#16 Apr 15, 2010
Maybe it's only trivial if it doesn't affect you personally anymore. Not exactly a trait you'd want in somebody taking care of people is it? If big girl nurse means old and crotchety, well, looks like you made it.
ScotLady

Fayetteville, NY

#17 Apr 15, 2010
Whistlin Dixie wrote:
Maybe it's only trivial if it doesn't affect you personally anymore. Not exactly a trait you'd want in somebody taking care of people is it? If big girl nurse means old and crotchety, well, looks like you made it.
Oh Dixie, looks like we are just chasing each other around this forum. No, big girl nurse means someone who is graduated and once she is done with training she can buy whatever she pleases. It is trivial, suck it up, finish your schooling then buy uniforms wherever. I guess Arby's has a different supplier than Josie's though. Let me know, I was always wondering if they made you buy those polo shirts w/ the logo on them?
Whistlin Dixie

Manlius, NY

#18 Apr 15, 2010
ScotLady wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Dixie, looks like we are just chasing each other around this forum. No, big girl nurse means someone who is graduated and once she is done with training she can buy whatever she pleases. It is trivial, suck it up, finish your schooling then buy uniforms wherever. I guess Arby's has a different supplier than Josie's though. Let me know, I was always wondering if they made you buy those polo shirts w/ the logo on them?
Yep, hit that one on head...crotchety old - graduate! There's probably plenty of those at Arby's too. If you're a nurse then you're probably taking care of people in all lines of work. Lord help us.
ScotLady

Fayetteville, NY

#19 Apr 15, 2010
Whistlin Dixie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, hit that one on head...crotchety old - graduate! There's probably plenty of those at Arby's too. If you're a nurse then you're probably taking care of people in all lines of work. Lord help us.
Who said I was a nurse?
Whistlin Dixie

Manlius, NY

#20 Apr 15, 2010
ScotLady wrote:
<quoted text>Who said I was a nurse?
Thought you did with your know it all attitude about the uniform thing. I just like a fight, seems you do too. This is boring now though.
Faxton Nurse

Jamesville, NY

#21 Apr 15, 2010
I buy lots of my scrubs at Herb Phillipsons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moore pulls ahead 2 min The Joker 6
moore moore moore 3 min The Joker 13
Bucktooth beaver 4 min Zora 11
Doug Jones WINS! F U Trumpsters!! 5 min The Joker 1
Jones Upsets child molester 9 min trump eats moochkok 1
Par technology has massive layoff 20 min Keithy 3
Best Utica Administrator (Aug '14) 20 min Turd 11
Unstable Fire Marshall 41 min Wtf 55
UPD pushed Bosnian to the ground 47 min Disheartened 15
Par 1 hr Sadly 66