Pay Raises and New City Hall Hires

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Garbageman

Bronx, NY

#1 Jun 7, 2008
Way to go Roefaro and members of the E and A. Cathy Mack doesn't live in Utica and just got a nearly 10% raise in the Economic Development Office (note Conmed lets 150 go and closes 3 production lines), Angelo Roefaro receives a 10 dollar plus raise, and Bob Sullivan hires his Waitress for a position at 24,000 dollars. Roefaro thinks that is okay. I guess the only place you can get a raise and find employment in the Area is in the halls of Government. America and this region are in tough times, corporations can not afford to give benefits, raises and many are struggling just to keep their employees - yet we find that our money is free to spend and pass out in the Halls of the County and City governments to public officials paid with our tax dollars. It is time for accountability from our Public officials both Elected and Appointed. I am not getting a raise, my benefits are stagnant, indeed with every increase at the pump and in the grocery store they decline, yet I still manage to pay my taxes. Pay raises for any public official can not be justified by any means at this time. Where is the Common Council and where is our Leadership. Ask yourself how much your taxes will go up next year to pay for Pylman, Stemmer, Benzo, and the raises for Council, Mayor, and now our new staffing. I can't afford it any more.
Bad Deal For Taxpayers

AOL

#2 Jun 7, 2008
Yup, but people all have to get on the same page and take the time between this year and next to get people interested to run. Or, we will get the same bag of worms.

We are stuck with Dave R., and the administration, but Joan, Thresa W, Frank Meola, and the rest can all be replaced. It is not too far fetched an idea.

Until then, they thumb their noses at you
truth

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jun 7, 2008
Wasn't Angelo Roefaro making no money before? For god sakes, resd the paper. It wasn't a raise. He went in the position that was ALREADY there. Also, Angelo Roefaro is literally the nicest, and most intelligent person in City Hall. I am willing to give some of my tax dollars to keep a bright, talented, and caring young man in Utica, and anyone who disagress: You are the reason Utica will NEVER bounce back.
Bad Deal For Taxpayers

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jun 7, 2008
Yes, however if you want Utica to "bounce back" Leave Mr. Roefaro where he was, give him $2,500 extra, increase his duties a bit. If he is that young and bright he will certainly be bringing fresh new ideas.

OR
Could it be he stays here for the family business and the fact he has a relative that is Mayor. Lets be realistic. I am not advocating he be fired, and he may work hard. But noboday at City Hall, save one or two, care about cutting or shaving expenses. So we have spent more money, good people or not. You want Utica to bounce back, fiscal constraints, infrastructure repairs ( slowly, we cannot afford quickly) stop excessive bonding and lets cut out fibbing to everyone making us think we are flush.
Garbageman

Bronx, NY

#5 Jun 7, 2008
He was receiving a pay check for his services to the city, after less than 6 full months on the job I hardly think that he is entitled to a 10,000 dollar plus raise. In a community that is struggling with the loss of more jobs each week, increasing the financial burden on the public at this time is unwarranted. No pay raise is justified for any public employee at this time whether appointed or elected. They get the raises and we get the 4.65% tax increases. Wait until next year when you get the story that expenses at City Hall and City Departments has risen and the only way that our standard of living can be maintained is with a tax increase. Then remember that while voting on your tax increase they were getting 6% or more raises, hiring family and giving retirement benefits to Police Chiefs that totaled nearly 461,000 dollars in the first 6 months of Roefaro's term. Leadership, if this is an example we can live without it.
Tax Dollars

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2008
How about that no show 45k job Larry Desiato got. Thats a real low blow to hard working tax payers.

Since: Oct 07

Utica

#7 Jun 7, 2008
Roefaro has missed several oppurtunities to save the taxpayers money. He has filled numerous positins in Urban Renewal, Created a Depty. Chief position and created a new department and hired a secretary for SUllivan. All of these postions could have remained un filled and savings applied to offset increase in operating costs this year. I am constantly amazed with the way this administration flaunts its power by hiring out of towners, hiring family and friends and continually not being accontable for their promises.
Anonymous

New Hartford, NY

#8 Jun 7, 2008
That's like walking into a midget convention and proclaiming yourself the tallest person there.

Consider the people that work in City Hall - it's not hard to be in the top 5 when you have wall to wall morons to match the wall to wall carpeting in the mayor's office.

It is because of the populace that embraces change, votes for a portly funeral director that says he will bring change, and then neither does nothing when it is the status quo. THAT is why Utica will never rebound.
truth wrote:
Angelo Roefaro is literally the nicest, and most intelligent person in City Hall.
Bad Deal For Taxpayers

AOL

#9 Jun 7, 2008
Well, maybe we need to get more people involved, lots of open seats next year. Its not easy, but we need to do something.
cathy mack

AOL

#10 Jun 7, 2008
Garbageman wrote:
Way to go Roefaro and members of the E and A. Cathy Mack doesn't live in Utica and just got a nearly 10% raise in the Economic Development Office (note Conmed lets 150 go and closes 3 production lines), Angelo Roefaro receives a 10 dollar plus raise, and Bob Sullivan hires his Waitress for a position at 24,000 dollars. Roefaro thinks that is okay. I guess the only place you can get a raise and find employment in the Area is in the halls of Government. America and this region are in tough times, corporations can not afford to give benefits, raises and many are struggling just to keep their employees - yet we find that our money is free to spend and pass out in the Halls of the County and City governments to public officials paid with our tax dollars. It is time for accountability from our Public officials both Elected and Appointed. I am not getting a raise, my benefits are stagnant, indeed with every increase at the pump and in the grocery store they decline, yet I still manage to pay my taxes. Pay raises for any public official can not be justified by any means at this time. Where is the Common Council and where is our Leadership. Ask yourself how much your taxes will go up next year to pay for Pylman, Stemmer, Benzo, and the raises for Council, Mayor, and now our new staffing. I can't afford it any more.
cathys raise was based on her WORK, NOT on where she LIVES! shes doing a great job. leave her along & get yourself a flipping LIFE! Nosy!
Bad Deal For Taxpayers

AOL

#11 Jun 7, 2008
How long has Cathy been with the city?
stabber

United States

#12 Jun 7, 2008
Cathy Mack sucks at her job. She is snide and unfriendly. If she were my secretary I would make sure that she didnt know my business because she is a blabbermouth.
Bad Deal For Taxpayers

AOL

#13 Jun 7, 2008
My feeling is that 10%, especially being tax money, is way out of line no matter how good her work is. Did she get regular raises, like everyone else over the years??

I cannot think of anyone who gets ten percent, plus pension costs to the city, increased 941 taxes the city covers, etc. It is easy to say raises are ok for everyone, but there is a great overall cost, to all of us.

The increase in administration under the first 6 months of this administration runs almost 1/2 million or more in additional spending.

To be worth this additional cost, somone in this administration better have a cure for the energy crisis, cancer or something great.
Clarisse

AOL

#14 Jun 7, 2008
she's got dam BILLS to pay. close to being over-extended on the card
Garbageman

Bronx, NY

#15 Jun 8, 2008
Cathy Mack has been a hanger on with first popping up her head in the Hanna Administration as his personal secretary she stayed around for the Julian term answering his office phone, and know she has been kept on with Roefaro. Everyone has bills to pay and her husband already has a job upstairs in City hall. The people of Utica can not afford more spending at city hall that will result in tax increases at budget time. In case you haven't thought that far ahead, the 150 individuals losing their jobs at Conmed (both here and in Rome) have bills to pay also. City Hall is not the Rescue Mission for over extended public servants and I use Public Servant in a derogatory manner.
TypicalUtica

New York, NY

#16 Jun 8, 2008
Cathy Mack is an Ungrateful do nothing sit on your ass sour puss Gossip Queen.

She’s been moved all over in city hall because she cant do her job. She has been in about every office in that place.

All she does is complain about things to everyone and talk about everyone behind there back.

They should have gotten rid of her a long time ago.

Everyone has bills to pay !!
Garbageman

Bronx, NY

#17 Jun 8, 2008
I find it interesting how she would claim such loyalty to Hanna, then to Julian, and now to Roefaro. Being from out of town and having been "LOyal" to so many past Mayors I wonder what she does to stay in good graces. You all realize that recently she was answering phones in the Mayor's office. What ever she is doing it was not worth a 10% pay raise in such a short time in this new administration, it would also seem that Roefaro knowing the tough economic times that the Citizens of Utica are going through at the current time - would have put into effect a pay and hiring freeze. I suppose that it would be to much to expect from a Mayor who was on the phone begging for help from the Governor as the brewery burned. He can't handle the job.
Shhhhh

AOL

#18 Jun 9, 2008
TypicalUtica wrote:
Cathy Mack is an Ungrateful do nothing sit on your ass sour puss Gossip Queen.
She’s been moved all over in city hall because she cant do her job. She has been in about every office in that place.
All she does is complain about things to everyone and talk about everyone behind there back.
They should have gotten rid of her a long time ago.
Everyone has bills to pay !!
keep it under your hat.....but, this would be a good time to give Cathy a copy of Labella's "Gossip" poem.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#19 May 25, 2014
Mid 2008 seemed like a splendid time to be giving government raises. Only in utica! Lol!

You can not make this stuff up.
utica lies jerkoff

Whitesboro, NY

#20 May 25, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
Mid 2008 seemed like a splendid time to be giving government raises. Only in utica! Lol!
You can not make this stuff up.
Only? You're the only nitwit who gets his rocks off by bumping threads from 6 yrs. ago. You're a total jerk off. Get a life you idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oneida County Workers 7 min Smh 6
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 8 min Mina 264
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 27 min KingAndrewCuomo 39
Keeler caller Mario is Cretin 41 min KingAndrewCuomo 11
Hows ROb Esce (King Welfare Comets) Divorce Going? 1 hr tell 4
House of Good Shepherd 2 hr Imposter 20
Francis Rotundo 2 hr Charmer 9
Carbone Sold 3 hr JOHN 17
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 5 hr Sgt Shultz 37
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 8 hr Jon 36