Comets

Manchester, CT

#21 Sep 23, 2013
Revisionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think you missed the point. Successful businesses--including hockey teams--are a whole package. Marketing, look, product, promotions, etc.
It's smart for these guys to do everything under the sun. Or they could just do it like the Blue Sox and drop off free tickets at the credit union and hope for people to show up.
Exactly! Every pro sports team has a marketing person who's responsible to put asses in the seats to compete for the entertainment dollar!!
Utica Guy

Clinton, NY

#22 Sep 23, 2013
awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, if you've have seen the picture of the girls that tried out, not one is unattractive. There are many hockey teams that have dance cheerleaders including the Syracuse Crunch. Many of the girls have been dancing for at least 15 years. If the hockey players are using a skill they have learned, why can't the girls? If you don't like it then don't go to the games, or just keep your eyes on the ice. Very simple.
Let's be honest. Having a stable of "dancers" on hand for the players is an important part of the professional hockey experience. They're not making big bucks for entertaining the crowd. It's the "tips" from players for "dancing" where the money is.

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#23 Sep 23, 2013
Revisionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think you missed the point. Successful businesses--including hockey teams--are a whole package. Marketing, look, product, promotions, etc.
It's smart for these guys to do everything under the sun. Or they could just do it like the Blue Sox and drop off free tickets at the credit union and hope for people to show up.
exactly, the comets are brilliant to involve 12 more people in their games. think about it, these girls all have boy friends, friends, families and relatives that will all attend some games to watch these girls preform. then theres a group of horny 15-25 yrs old guys... lol... the comets have done more marketing and promotions to put fans in the seats in 3 months than the devils did in 6 years. their all over this!!!!
Utica Guy

Clinton, NY

#24 Sep 23, 2013
wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text> exactly, the comets are brilliant to involve 12 more people in their games.
I think the plan is that the "dancers" will be a lot more involved in after-game activities. Don't be surprised at the number of player/"dancer" hookups.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#25 Sep 23, 2013
Joey TwoTumbs wrote:
Sources tell me some of your ice queen comettes mates have done time on the stages of both venues.
Translation: "I'm making this up, as nasty as I can."
BobSU

Utica, NY

#26 Sep 23, 2013
Are there seriously people complaining about this? I guess they've never lived in a city with pro sports. They all have them and it's great. Great for guys to look at and young girls to look up to them.
Beefcakes R Us

New York, NY

#27 Sep 23, 2013
I hope they are not discriminating against male dancers. A few beefcakes would be great for the female hockey fans...
season ticket holder

New York, NY

#28 Sep 23, 2013
Beefcakes R Us wrote:
I hope they are not discriminating against male dancers. A few beefcakes would be great for the female hockey fans...
good point !!
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#29 Sep 23, 2013
Sticks35 wrote:
<quoted text> ummmmmm..its a hockey game.. No ones gonna be stripping in a 50 degree building.... They are just cheerleaders. Alot of ahl and nhl teams got them.
Nobody cares, so you're right it's a hockey game not dancing with the stars. Wtf... Apparently yous guys cannot wait to polish your meat sticks imagining these little girls are pirouetting for you.
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#30 Sep 23, 2013
Revisionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think you missed the point. Successful businesses--including hockey teams--are a whole package. Marketing, look, product, promotions, etc.
It's smart for these guys to do everything under the sun. Or they could just do it like the Blue Sox and drop off free tickets at the credit union and hope for people to show up.
Yeah and Miley Cyrus is one hell of an entertainer... You numbnut.
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#31 Sep 23, 2013
Comets wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Every pro sports team has a marketing person who's responsible to put asses in the seats to compete for the entertainment dollar!!
For what, to make up for sad hockey talent in a dwindling sport market so you yous guys can be soaked for overpriced tickets? Why not just be an awesome product? No need for sideshows to supercompensate. Shows a pathetically minded fan base. Doesn't say much for the intellect of folks in this town.
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#32 Sep 23, 2013
Utica Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be honest. Having a stable of "dancers" on hand for the players is an important part of the professional hockey experience. They're not making big bucks for entertaining the crowd. It's the "tips" from players for "dancing" where the money is.
Finally another voice of intelligent sense.
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#33 Sep 23, 2013
BobSU wrote:
Are there seriously people complaining about this? I guess they've never lived in a city with pro sports. They all have them and it's great. Great for guys to look at and young girls to look up to them.
Mental midget!
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#34 Sep 23, 2013
Beefcakes R Us wrote:
I hope they are not discriminating against male dancers. A few beefcakes would be great for the female hockey fans...
There you go
Sticks35

Hartford, CT

#35 Sep 23, 2013
Joey TwoTumbs wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go
joey twothumbs would enjoy the msle dancers too, apparantly hes against the female dancers
Harbor Project Face

Schenectady, NY

#36 Sep 23, 2013
You misspelled comets.
Joey TwoTumbs

Utica, NY

#37 Sep 23, 2013
Sticks35 wrote:
<quoted text> joey twothumbs would enjoy the msle dancers too, apparantly hes against the female dancers
Right on
Tom Coyne

New Hartford, NY

#38 Sep 23, 2013
Someone please wipe this drewel off my chin.

I think I'm in love.
Harbor Project Face

Schenectady, NY

#39 Sep 23, 2013
Tom Coyne wrote:
Someone please wipe this drewel off my chin.
I think I'm in love.
You misspelled drool.
Cretin Dave eats azzzz

New Hartford, NY

#40 Sep 24, 2013
Harbor Project Face wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled drool.
It's Cretin Dave above. He eats azzzz for a living. Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local small manufacturing business has left Uti... 13 min Lonesome Nights 3
The Nun is leaving 15 min annie 6
325 tilden ave drug dealer tom hajdasz 31 min Lisa marie 2
lava spa 37 min lava spa 1
RICK'S PLACE on Mohawk street is a haven for dr... 41 min UticaGoodGuy 3
NYS Quit Smoking Commercials 57 min zagger 22
New Hartford's Quiet Teenage Heroin Problem 59 min spartan alum 5
Abel: Drunk DWI UPD cop promoted! 2 hr Clifton 14
Old School Bar and Grill Set to Open in East Utica 4 hr new place 7
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 6 hr Another quality U... 48
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:19PM
Tagging JPP an Expensive but Necessary Step
NBC Sports 2:22 PM
Bills opt against tagging Jerry Hughes
NBC Sports 2:22 PM
Bills opt against tagging Jerry Hughes
Bleacher Report 7:24 PM
Giants Final Free-Agency Outlook, Predictions
Bleacher Report 7:55 PM
Updating Bills' Big Board Post-Combine
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
How Should Giants Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NFL 4:44 AM
Report: Johnson urging GM to bring Revis back to Jets
Bleacher Report 6:56 AM
Maxwell, McCourty Headline Jets' Free-Agent Big Board
Bleacher Report 7:07 AM
Buffalo Bills' 5 Best Free-Agent QB Options to Compete with EJ Manuel
Bleacher Report 7:36 AM
C.J. Spiller Speaks on Differences Between EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton as QBs