too bad

Rome, NY

#21 Dec 8, 2011
Marie wrote:
Vescera,Zecca and Speciale as well as Ta noury hurt west utica.Testa is independent.The negative posts on this site are authored by Tanoury.Get a job Larry.
Actually the posts are not posted by Larry..can you fathom that there are West Uticans that are really questioning Dave's ability to be council person for West Utica? Everyone knows who is telling Dave Testa what to do,so don't give us the bulls**t that he's an independant.
Gee,I think earlier today on the radio some one described him as "Wishy Washy". That describes him perfectly.
He got

Utica, NY

#22 Dec 8, 2011
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the posts are not posted by Larry..can you fathom that there are West Uticans that are really questioning Dave's ability to be council person for West Utica? Everyone knows who is telling Dave Testa what to do,so don't give us the bulls**t that he's an independant.
Gee,I think earlier today on the radio some one described him as "Wishy Washy". That describes him perfectly.
voted in just like the rest of you, sept larry he couldnt beat ol wishy washy davy boy now could he????Shut up already and deal with the hand your dealt! The majority chose him! He is obviously not intimidated by the big Z who BTFW is council AT LARGE____meaning he represents the city!!!! He is not supposed to by "at large" play favorites!!! Let JZ do his job and Dave do his and you keep your BIG nose outta city biz!
York heights

Utica, NY

#23 Dec 8, 2011
Dave represents West Utica and it would definitely benefit West Utica to have the Majority Leader be from there. That's not rocket science (although maybe it is for him). Just like it would benefit us if Hanna was Speaker of the House, or Brindisi was Assembly Speaker. Voting against him was a blow to his own district. He'll pay dearly for that next election. And no, I'm not Larry either. Believe it or not, there's a lot of people here that are paying attention. And that's because Mr. Zecca has done such a great job and has given us hope again. Now we have to deal with this guy. I'd rather have Howard Welch back.
This is tiring

Geneva, NY

#24 Dec 8, 2011
This entire post is unbelievable. We have conspiracy theory's about majority leader! His power doesn't extend past the council chambers! Each council person has the same power. You don't see other people, wards, citizens making claims about their own area. Why all of a sudden is their a push for West Utica and a divide? Why is Jim, Larry, Harmony and Frank Vescera doing this? Whats the gain? Stop segregating the city!
too bad

Rome, NY

#25 Dec 10, 2011
This is tiring wrote:
This entire post is unbelievable. We have conspiracy theory's about majority leader! His power doesn't extend past the council chambers! Each council person has the same power. You don't see other people, wards, citizens making claims about their own area. Why all of a sudden is their a push for West Utica and a divide? Why is Jim, Larry, Harmony and Frank Vescera doing this? Whats the gain? Stop segregating the city!
Do you think West Utica is going to shrivel up & die? Mr Zecca has given us hope & a voice and we are not going to sit back & be silent. By Testa not giving his support to Zecca,it was like turning his back on the voters of West Utica. Testa needs to step up to the plate because West Utica expects alot from their councilperson and he has already sold us out. I never heard of Testa until he started campaigning,I never saw him at block meetings or council meetings. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he would work well with Zecca but now I'm not so sure.
Larry

Watertown, NY

#26 Dec 10, 2011
How was that Movie with your Kitty Cat last night? Stop posting Larrrry an go watch a flick with your kitty.
What did

Utica, NY

#27 Dec 10, 2011
too bad wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think West Utica is going to shrivel up & die? Mr Zecca has given us hope & a voice and we are not going to sit back & be silent. By Testa not giving his support to Zecca,it was like turning his back on the voters of West Utica. Testa needs to step up to the plate because West Utica expects alot from their councilperson and he has already sold us out. I never heard of Testa until he started campaigning,I never saw him at block meetings or council meetings. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he would work well with Zecca but now I'm not so sure.
The big Z do for west u besides go to meetings??? West utica is a ses pool that harbors the MOST pedophiles and drug addict.dealer/prostitutes in the city!!! How long has JZ had a chance to change that??? Dont gimme the BS about the armidillo cuz thats city wide. What business has he brought? What jobs has he created? He plants his big neck on tv every chance he gets and blows off steam for what? For who? Now that your awake,,,see if you can answer those simple questions. As for DT the fact that he won majority leader speaks loud n clear! Why would you be put out that a west utican is majority leader
? That he is stepping up and not just following down a dead end road. Nice report in the od today about the other big guy from the west side meetings burn up ur lead based painted wood give the kid living next door ADD nice! Hey why doncha take another 3 day coke induced hangover nap lmaoau
Only in Utica

Utica, NY

#28 Dec 10, 2011
Jim Zecca submitted Larry's resume for the Utica City Clerk position which stated Larry lives at 1632 St Jane Ave. Larry introduced himself at a Council meeting a few weeks after the election and stated his address was 1632 St Jane Ave (CC meeting are videotaped). That's where he lives now, during the election and before the election. Jim Zecca knew this to be a fact and supported Larry anyway and used him as his campaign manager. Both of these men have credibility problems. Testa sees both of these men for what they are, he rejected the West Utica Friends & Family gang and he supported the best person for majority leader- Frank Meola.
WUCC

Utica, NY

#29 Dec 10, 2011
Only in Utica wrote:
Jim Zecca submitted Larry's resume for the Utica City Clerk position which stated Larry lives at 1632 St Jane Ave. Larry introduced himself at a Council meeting a few weeks after the election and stated his address was 1632 St Jane Ave (CC meeting are videotaped). That's where he lives now, during the election and before the election. Jim Zecca knew this to be a fact and supported Larry anyway and used him as his campaign manager. Both of these men have credibility problems. Testa sees both of these men for what they are, he rejected the West Utica Friends & Family gang and he supported the best person for majority leader- Frank Meola.
Wow, not hard to figure out who you are. Look, Larry never claimed he lived anywhere else. He was asked to run for the spot because the Dems supposedly couldn't find a candidate (including Testa, who said he didn't want to run). Larry took one for the team and then got screwed at the last minute. He always said he lived in the 4th Ward but would move into his family's longtime home in West Utica if he won. Totally legal under election law. And he did live there before when he ran for the same office at 22, in 2003. And, yes, he applied for the City Clerk's position. I thought this was a Democracy, where people are entitled to apply for a open job. The job is inherently "open" every two years, as the council needs to make the appointment. Unfortunately, besides Zecca and Vescera, the rest of the council and the party overlords decided NOT to even interview people for this position. So, you, Larry or anyone else for that matter will have no right to interview for any positions the council is appointing. Great open government. And Larry knew this would happen all along. That's why he applied knowing he wasn't getting the appointment. He wanted to prove that they have no intention of opening these positions to the public. There's much more we can talk about if you want to keep going, but be careful what you ask for.
City Clerk LOL

Watertown, NY

#30 Dec 11, 2011
Larrry. Larrry, Larrry... Go get a job you worthless piece of chit... Heres an Idea? If you want to run for public office again, change your name. That Larry Tanoury name might be good at up-state correctional, but doesn't work so well with the non-incarcerated public. Don't blow a casket now, we all know you have anger mgmt, problems.. Larrry, Larrry, Larrry......
Only in Utica

Utica, NY

#31 Dec 11, 2011
WUCC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, not hard to figure out who you are. Look, Larry never claimed he lived anywhere else. He was asked to run for the spot because the Dems supposedly couldn't find a candidate (including Testa, who said he didn't want to run). Larry took one for the team and then got screwed at the last minute. He always said he lived in the 4th Ward but would move into his family's longtime home in West Utica if he won. Totally legal under election law. And he did live there before when he ran for the same office at 22, in 2003. And, yes, he applied for the City Clerk's position. I thought this was a Democracy, where people are entitled to apply for a open job. The job is inherently "open" every two years, as the council needs to make the appointment. Unfortunately, besides Zecca and Vescera, the rest of the council and the party overlords decided NOT to even interview people for this position. So, you, Larry or anyone else for that matter will have no right to interview for any positions the council is appointing. Great open government. And Larry knew this would happen all along. That's why he applied knowing he wasn't getting the appointment. He wanted to prove that they have no intention of opening these positions to the public. There's much more we can talk about if you want to keep going, but be careful what you ask for.
I don't know, nor do I care, why he ran for office, but I doubt that the "dems" asked him to run. What "team" you are talking about- the W Utica friends & family gang? What I do know is he was legally required to list his legal address on his election petition and he listed a W Utica address, that's a fact. He listed an address on the referenced resume & his address as he stated at a council meeting was St June Ave- fact. I'm questioned where he lived. It seems very strange that soon after the election he lives back on St June Ave. The voters in W Utica weighed in on this issue. They overwhelmingly reject Larry. Larry has credibility problems and as long as Zecca associates himself with Larry, his credibility will also be questioned. It looks like it influenced Testa enough that he didn't support Zecca (a member of the W Utica friends & family gang???) for Majority Leader
the gang

Utica, NY

#32 Dec 11, 2011
Only in Utica wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, nor do I care, why he ran for office, but I doubt that the "dems" asked him to run. What "team" you are talking about- the W Utica friends & family gang? What I do know is he was legally required to list his legal address on his election petition and he listed a W Utica address, that's a fact. He listed an address on the referenced resume & his address as he stated at a council meeting was St June Ave- fact. I'm questioned where he lived. It seems very strange that soon after the election he lives back on St June Ave. The voters in W Utica weighed in on this issue. They overwhelmingly reject Larry. Larry has credibility problems and as long as Zecca associates himself with Larry, his credibility will also be questioned. It looks like it influenced Testa enough that he didn't support Zecca (a member of the W Utica friends & family gang???) for Majority Leader
of politicians in/for west utica are just like any other gang, they are big mouthed,greedy,power hungry bullies. They have taken what little salvageable life is left there and violated it again! Why is west utica such a crap hole if this gang is doing their job? The housing is getto,the streets are nearly nearly rubble,no jobs! What have they done for their district in the MANY years they have represented it? Its great there if your a crack head or dealer even whores can live well there,not for the decent members of society not "For the Good"! Guess what housing visions just because you put a cherry on a pile of shit it dont make it a sunday,no one of substance wants to live there its a shit hole and the boyz who been representing it SUCK!
WUCC

Utica, NY

#33 Dec 11, 2011
You keep saying Larry is part of the "West Utica friends and family plan", but then you point out that he doesn't live there. Come on now. I agree that it ddn't go over well with the people. With that said, he barely lost the primary and still got the highest percent in the city among third party candidates (12%). And that's AFTER he publicly dropped out and endorsed Testa. Testa ran a strong campaign and will hopefully do a good job. This isn't about Larry or Dave. This is about you haters of Zecca. But clearly the people of Utica felt different. Zecca shoul stay away from Larry? Hmmm, Larry was his campaign manager and he got the most votes in the city. You guys just don't get it. You're stuck in a little bubble.

Taking one for the team? Maybe you should ask the city chairman and ward chair what team that was. Larry was never comfortable running for that position. And he put the WU address on his petitions because he's registered to vote out of his family's property in WU. Again, nothing illegal. But he should never have listened and stayed put in his race for Legislator. But I suspect he's done running for office anyway. He'll be focusing on getting other people elected and running a slate of 40-50 new people for the committee.
AGAIN

Utica, NY

#34 Dec 11, 2011
WUCC wrote:
You keep saying Larry is part of the "West Utica friends and family plan", but then you point out that he doesn't live there. Come on now. I agree that it ddn't go over well with the people. With that said, he barely lost the primary and still got the highest percent in the city among third party candidates (12%). And that's AFTER he publicly dropped out and endorsed Testa. Testa ran a strong campaign and will hopefully do a good job. This isn't about Larry or Dave. This is about you haters of Zecca. But clearly the people of Utica felt different. Zecca shoul stay away from Larry? Hmmm, Larry was his campaign manager and he got the most votes in the city. You guys just don't get it. You're stuck in a little bubble.
Taking one for the team? Maybe you should ask the city chairman and ward chair what team that was. Larry was never comfortable running for that position. And he put the WU address on his petitions because he's registered to vote out of his family's property in WU. Again, nothing illegal. But he should never have listened and stayed put in his race for Legislator. But I suspect he's done running for office anyway. He'll be focusing on getting other people elected and running a slate of 40-50 new people for the committee.
WHAT has JZ done to help better west utica???Ive asked with no answer? Bet dave asked the same question and voted accordingly. All talk no action like a sparkler with no boom. Talk talk talk bitch n moan all you want facts are facts his district is the WORST in the city. How long was he representing that district? Oh yay for the rest of the city now at least there will be equal neglect!
Only in Utica

Utica, NY

#35 Dec 11, 2011
I don't agree but respect your point of view. Moving on to a new topic.
tanoury

Cortland, NY

#36 Dec 11, 2011
larry get a job. zecca only ran at large to MOVE OUT of the west side duhhh

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#37 Jan 11, 2012
Hey, Dave,( Paisan ) I got your back and always will. I would love to come back for a visit and slap the shit out of these computer tough guys. I'll be in touch soon.

you know who.
boywonder

AOL

#38 Jan 11, 2012
You people from West Utica need to clean up your streets. Sweep the sidewalks, make it a little pretty! Myself, I wouldn't know my way around, unfortunetly.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Waterville, NY

#39 Aug 30, 2013
Lori Washburn running for legislator finally a voice for the people!!
Poochie

Utica, NY

#40 Aug 30, 2013
I wanna see Kenny Mariano run!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help!...where can I sell loose gemstones? (Nov '12) 1 hr Anonymous 81
hillary clinton WILL be the next president 4 hr Jake Bernard 23
Who does the Best Auto painting work? 4 hr Thats cute but 13
CNY Mom Prom 4 hr Gargage people cr... 2
Driveway contractors 5 hr Muncher 5
WKTV-Smith 5 hr Muncher 16
Trattoria Calabria 7 hr Gino 1
Carbone auto group 11 hr Carboneya 21
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 16 hr Janet 632
More from around the web