Comments
61 - 80 of 219 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2014
opinion

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Carrie wrote:
<quoted text> I checked both sites and there is no completed investigation, you lying idiot moron. Stay off topix loser.
WKTV announced yesterday that the cause of this horrible fire was due to a short in an electrical appliance.
Carrie

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

4

You have no clue. I had Collis install my furnace and my mothers and NIimo was never called or ever checked. Post the words where they say short, they never said it was a short. Read my post 135 to see what you are. I was talking about the whitesboro house explosion. You people who don't know anything need to stay off topix.
Jack Frost

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Feb 17, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Carrie wrote:
You have no clue. I had Collis install my furnace and my mothers and NIimo was never called or ever checked. Post the words where they say short, they never said it was a short. Read my post 135 to see what you are. I was talking about the whitesboro house explosion. You people who don't know anything need to stay off topix.
You must be such a heroine to your family:)
tell us

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Feb 18, 2014
 
so what is the Big secret of an electrical appliance being named?? what exactly was it? was it a heater? or hmm, something else?
Suck it

Cobleskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Occupancy Inspector wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this is required. Voluntary only.
Yes not required. Voluntary. It's easier to blame the first responders that were supposed to magically bend space and time to materialize themselves on the scene before it even happened. Asshats.
Amy Is

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Suck it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes not required. Voluntary. It's easier to blame the first responders that were supposed to magically bend space and time to materialize themselves on the scene before it even happened. Asshats.
Well said
Occupancy Inspector

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Suck it wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes not required. Voluntary. It's easier to blame the first responders that were supposed to magically bend space and time to materialize themselves on the scene before it even happened. Asshats.
I didn't mean that to blame the FD. By no means! I have nothing bit the highest respect for all First Responders. I was answering that guy that is trying to raise controversy from all directions on numerous Topix posts, using a variety of names. Attempting to fault a private residence owner with requirements for an apartment house, hotel or any structure housing non-residents didn't seem fair to me, that's all. I commend the attempt of the FD at this tragedy and wish nothing but bad Karma for that idiot. I apologize if I came across as you thought I did.
Bob sucks

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Meeee wrote:
New Hartford has grown too big to depend on a volunteer fire dept. They need full time firemen and two or three stations. Wake up
<quoted text>
You base this on what?

NHFD handles all there calls. They are the busiest volunteer FD in the county. They usually have a waiting list to get in even. You are a fool and have no mastery of the subject matter beyond keeping the empire building going for some people.

What it sounds like to us Bob is you might be some kinda union stooge from the IAFF looking for more revenue for the city so your own members don't get pink slips cause then the dues would go down. No more big local parties anymore huh? Dam shame. Go find your revenue somewhere else. Maybe start charging for lockouts since you're using them to spike your call numbers anyway.

Funny how the supposed career " professionals" are always the ones bashing volunteers and you never hear it the other way around. And most firefighting - 77% on our country is volunteer. Maybe because these doucherockets are scared the gig will be up someday.

It very telling that one side is simply secure in what they do and why, and you never hear a peep out of them- and the other is simply looking to continue the gravy train so they go negative as there only option.
Gerry

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Hey IAFF union screwball.
Here's a link of one of the busiest vol fire departments in the world 13000 calls a year.
http://www.kentland33.com/sitecontent/index/p...

Stew on that yah creep
justthefacts

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tragedy wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to the police department and you will find out where everyone was at the time the fire broke out and you will understand why it was impossible to get to the victims that were trapped and why they were unable to escape. Had the fire department known where this street was and how to get to it and moved faster, maybe this nightmare could have been minimized. Then again considering the size of the house and the number of occupants, I'm sure that it went up very quickly. That many people residing in that small of a home, means a lot of clothese, toys, boxes, beds, cribs, etc. I'm sure it was jam packed.
FYI, Janet, Jessica and Vinnie were in the living room when they heard a loud noise and saw the fire coming toward the living room. They were able to exit and with the help of a neighbors friend, get the newborn out as well as telling the guy that was in the attic to jump. The two boys were trapped in the back of the house. Jennifer worked 11-7 that night and had gone to bed shortly after she got home. There was nothing the family, neighbors, or fire department could have done to save anyone. This fire spread extremely quickly. Bottom line is, it is a tragedy and no blame will bring them back.
annon

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I knew a girl who lived there named Tina before she turned into a drug addict, was this her kid ?. Went to NH, had a brother. Bill, or Bob.
in solidarity

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Yea well towns like new hartford do not want a paid fire department because then towns administration are nothing but BiG UNION BUSTERS, BOOT LICKERS, BROWN NOISERS AND BACK STABBERS

Theres a RAT in the building rat go home a cheep rat in the building rat go home. What do we want area standards when do we want them now. Same work Same Pay Same work Same pay.

New Hartford Fire department should be paid just like UFD is and establish a strong union that tells the town what to do

Insolidarity

Fellow Union Firefighter
Bob sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
You base this on what?
NHFD handles all there calls. They are the busiest volunteer FD in the county. They usually have a waiting list to get in even. You are a fool and have no mastery of the subject matter beyond keeping the empire building going for some people.
What it sounds like to us Bob is you might be some kinda union stooge from the IAFF looking for more revenue for the city so your own members don't get pink slips cause then the dues would go down. No more big local parties anymore huh? Dam shame. Go find your revenue somewhere else. Maybe start charging for lockouts since you're using them to spike your call numbers anyway.
Funny how the supposed career " professionals" are always the ones bashing volunteers and you never hear it the other way around. And most firefighting - 77% on our country is volunteer. Maybe because these doucherockets are scared the gig will be up someday.
It very telling that one side is simply secure in what they do and why, and you never hear a peep out of them- and the other is simply looking to continue the gravy train so they go negative as there only option.
luther

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

17

15

13

Not to be negitive and realize what a terribble thing this was but why are these daughters still living there free loading off there mother ? Poor woman is 67 years old and should be enjoying her life after working so hard for most of it. Instead you have one daughter with 3 kids and her bf and another daughter with her kid all freeloading off good hearted mom. Selfish selfcentered spoiled bitches that could care less about mom other than the fact it is so nice to have a free babysitter to take care of the mess they made of their lives. They were nothing but a bunch of freeloaders that knew how to spread their legs to get stuffed full of kock but couldn't take care of the resaults of that one and done fun. Wonder how much each of the girls were getting in gov handouts that my tax dollars paid for but still sitting there living of their poor mother. At a time she should and could of been spending her time with friends and hobbies the poor woman was stuck home wiping her grandbabies asses and her own leach daughters asses because they could not take care of the mess they made. Had they been responsible and been out on their own maybe there would of been one person in that house who most likely would have made it out alive but instead we have this and it is not the FD's fault or anyone elses except for the spoiled little bitches that couldn't grow up and pay for their baby making fun they had and think everyone else should pay for their mistakes. Sorry that sounds so cold but the only one I feel bad for is the poor mother .
Grandmother not Mother

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Feb 18, 2014
 
It was their Grandmother!!!! Not their Mother!
AMEN

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

luther wrote:
Not to be negitive and realize what a terribble thing this was but why are these daughters still living there free loading off there mother ? Poor woman is 67 years old and should be enjoying her life after working so hard for most of it. Instead you have one daughter with 3 kids and her bf and another daughter with her kid all freeloading off good hearted mom. Selfish selfcentered spoiled bitches that could care less about mom other than the fact it is so nice to have a free babysitter to take care of the mess they made of their lives. They were nothing but a bunch of freeloaders that knew how to spread their legs to get stuffed full of kock but couldn't take care of the resaults of that one and done fun. Wonder how much each of the girls were getting in gov handouts that my tax dollars paid for but still sitting there living of their poor mother. At a time she should and could of been spending her time with friends and hobbies the poor woman was stuck home wiping her grandbabies asses and her own leach daughters asses because they could not take care of the mess they made. Had they been responsible and been out on their own maybe there would of been one person in that house who most likely would have made it out alive but instead we have this and it is not the FD's fault or anyone elses except for the spoiled little bitches that couldn't grow up and pay for their baby making fun they had and think everyone else should pay for their mistakes. Sorry that sounds so cold but the only one I feel bad for is the poor mother .
You said it, but we will hear some BS about how they helped or something alone those lines.
in solidarity

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

4

I totally agree with you. If you look at the face book pics of one of the girls its shows her partying drinking and smoking. When you have 3 little ones the partying should stop and you should take responsibility for what you did when you made these baby's
luther wrote:
Not to be negitive and realize what a terribble thing this was but why are these daughters still living there free loading off there mother ? Poor woman is 67 years old and should be enjoying her life after working so hard for most of it. Instead you have one daughter with 3 kids and her bf and another daughter with her kid all freeloading off good hearted mom. Selfish selfcentered spoiled bitches that could care less about mom other than the fact it is so nice to have a free babysitter to take care of the mess they made of their lives. They were nothing but a bunch of freeloaders that knew how to spread their legs to get stuffed full of kock but couldn't take care of the resaults of that one and done fun. Wonder how much each of the girls were getting in gov handouts that my tax dollars paid for but still sitting there living of their poor mother. At a time she should and could of been spending her time with friends and hobbies the poor woman was stuck home wiping her grandbabies asses and her own leach daughters asses because they could not take care of the mess they made. Had they been responsible and been out on their own maybe there would of been one person in that house who most likely would have made it out alive but instead we have this and it is not the FD's fault or anyone elses except for the spoiled little bitches that couldn't grow up and pay for their baby making fun they had and think everyone else should pay for their mistakes. Sorry that sounds so cold but the only one I feel bad for is the poor mother .
sorta

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

5

luther wrote:
Not to be negitive and realize what a terribble thing this was but why are these daughters still living there free loading off there mother ? Poor woman is 67 years old and should be enjoying her life after working so hard for most of it. Instead you have one daughter with 3 kids and her bf and another daughter with her kid all freeloading off good hearted mom. Selfish selfcentered spoiled bitches that could care less about mom other than the fact it is so nice to have a free babysitter to take care of the mess they made of their lives. They were nothing but a bunch of freeloaders that knew how to spread their legs to get stuffed full of kock but couldn't take care of the resaults of that one and done fun. Wonder how much each of the girls were getting in gov handouts that my tax dollars paid for but still sitting there living of their poor mother. At a time she should and could of been spending her time with friends and hobbies the poor woman was stuck home wiping her grandbabies asses and her own leach daughters asses because they could not take care of the mess they made. Had they been responsible and been out on their own maybe there would of been one person in that house who most likely would have made it out alive but instead we have this and it is not the FD's fault or anyone elses except for the spoiled little bitches that couldn't grow up and pay for their baby making fun they had and think everyone else should pay for their mistakes. Sorry that sounds so cold but the only one I feel bad for is the poor mother .
I agree to a point. First of all it was their grandmother, not their mother. The mother is mess herself. I do feel bad for the grandmother. As far as the two girls go, they both did work. The one that died worked nights at Lutheran Care in Clinton and the other worked at Ponderosa which is now closed. With that said, yes they received a lot of public assistance. Yes they were in to partying. Once again it's a failed county system that has been called numerous times to check on the welfare of the children. Had the children been removed from the home, and placed in a better environment , maybe they would be alive.
Bobby

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

in solidarity wrote:
Yea well towns like new hartford do not want a paid fire department because then towns administration are nothing but BiG UNION BUSTERS, BOOT LICKERS, BROWN NOISERS AND BACK STABBERS
Theres a RAT in the building rat go home a cheep rat in the building rat go home. What do we want area standards when do we want them now. Same work Same Pay Same work Same pay.
New Hartford Fire department should be paid just like UFD is and establish a strong union that tells the town what to do
Insolidarity
Fellow Union Firefighter
<quoted text>
Why should NHFD be paid? So your friggin union shop can ruin another municipality? No union should ever be telling any Goverment agency what to do. This is why you've boxed yourself in a corner. Go home Bob. No one cares for your nonsense. And you better check that social media policy. Best to shut your mouth.

I can promise you this is NHFD did ever go paid they'd hire there own before you city cretins. Stay I'm north Utica on your fat ass and remind eveyone what a bad ass you are chilling in Deerfield.
WOW

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

WOW!!! Luther, AMEN, in solidarity and sorta, have it all figured out and are collecting kudos in the judgement category. And they don't mean to be negative! How about the boyfriends or whatever the relationship was? Talking about the fathers of these children. Since you all know all the details, how much child support were they paying? But, they don't have any responsibility here. Was all the girls fault after all, as you experts said, they spread their legs and did all that terrible wrongness without any help at all. What do you people do in your spare time? Wait at the top of stairways for little old ladies in wheelchairs to push???
Amen Amen

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170
Feb 18, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am just jealous of firemen, they are not cowards like me.

I live off of obama welfare an love all the free food, rent, health care.

Fire scares me like real men.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15 kids,3 Baby Daddies-She Demands Money From U... 4 min shame 5
Ann at Bagel Grove (Dec '11) 5 min Anal Eyes 20
THREE men WHO HAVE 78 KIDS WITH 46 WOMEN AN TAX... 5 min shame 2
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 13 min Pawn Star 5,623
Funny: Utica in Urban Dictionary (Aug '08) 16 min Frank 11
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 38 min Been There 50
Remington Should Just Close 1 hr Jennifer 7
utica aud 1 hr Thanks Again 88
What's the difference between a naked white wom... 1 hr Pale face with 2 ... 5
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 1 hr phil D 61
Police Officers 4 hr just because 18
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 4 hr Oh well 95

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••