Any Magnificent Yankees/Executives/Ro...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Royaleers

Utica, NY

#82 Jan 7, 2014
Those were the days wrote:
I was a flag and then moved up to the rifle. Those were great times. Loved the travel and competition. How many of you still have the album we made. That was cool.....
Are your talking about the Royaleers? I have the album from around 1969-70. Has Utica Royaleers on onside and the Casper Troopers on the other side. It's a 33 -1/3 but the size of a 78.

Did they give those to us or did the money come from selling Tom Watt kit stuff?
Those were the days

Syracuse, NY

#83 Jan 7, 2014
Royaleers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are your talking about the Royaleers? I have the album from around 1969-70. Has Utica Royaleers on onside and the Casper Troopers on the other side. It's a 33 -1/3 but the size of a 78.
Did they give those to us or did the money come from selling Tom Watt kit stuff?
No. This was for the Yankees. I believe it was recorded when we competed in Binghamton.
Jill Ratcliffe Quast

East Granby, CT

#86 Jan 21, 2014
Yes, this is "Jill?(Father worked at a bank) Ratcliffe!" Living in Connecticut, miss those days of practice, music and fun. My kids never had a chance for anything like that.
I'll pass this on to the Wanamakers and my cousin, Robin Floyd.
Alpsman

Watervliet, NY

#93 Dec 29, 2015
There is a new drum all-age drum corps forming in the Oneida area called the Upstate Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps. It is very low commitment with 1 or 2 rehearsals a month and plans to participate in 4 to 6 parades during the marching season. They have 42 G-bugles and a full set of percussion intruments as well as guard equipment.

Here is the Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3926844142711...

I hope anyone longing for the " good old days" should check them out. You can bring family members or anyone who would like to march even if you have no experience. Corps members and instructors are willing to help new members.
dwlk

Ormond Beach, FL

#95 Sep 13, 2016
another NYer wrote:
I played tenor drum and snare drum in the Yankee Cadets drum and bugle corps back in the 1960's, and later for a short stint I played tenor drum for the "Big Corps" in 1969 and 1970.

It's a shame that we do not have a big name drum corps east of the Syracuse Brigadiers that we can really call our own. But I do cherish the local memories, and the parades we used to have in Utica back then make the ones they have now look pathetic!

Anybody want to comment as a past member of the above mentioned corps, or want to just reminisce? Anyone remember just hearing the Yankees practice at night during the summer months at the G-E (now ConMed) parking lot? Or perhaps the Yankee Cadets practicing at the Proctor Park across from Cafe' CaNole?
I marched with the Yankees 1960-1966 remember every crack of the parking lot lmao
dwlk

Ormond Beach, FL

#96 Sep 13, 2016
QuickStick wrote:
<quoted text>

Hi General
?????? Eddie ??????
Art Hager

Oak Creek, WI

#97 Feb 7, 2017
I played French Horn and Mellophone In The Royaleers in the late 60's early 70's. My sisters were in the color guard and my brother played a soprano.
Ccc2001

New Hartford, NY

#98 Mar 8, 2017
WE ARE BRINGING DRUM CORPS BACK TO Central New York...for the first time in 30 years. My name is Richard Orilio and I am the Brass Instructor for a relatively new All Age Drum and Bugle Corps in Central New York. Based out of Oneida, NY.(Parade Corps Only) We have a set of 40 brass 2 valve key of G horns and a complete drum line and Color Guard. We are entering our 2nd season as a parade corps. Come join us and have some fun. Ages 10 to 110!!!!
Groups name is the Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps. Please look us up on Facebook and feel free to join our FB group. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps
longtimeago

Potsdam, NY

#99 Mar 8, 2017
Played in the yankee cadets snare line. Don Nelson was the percussion instructor
Original Mag Yank

Sherburne, NY

#100 May 5, 2017
baritone 63-66 wrote:
I MARCHED WITH THE YANKEES FROM 1963 to 66 was part of the 1964 state champs and the trips to Miami for the nationals. I remember Marty Isha, Mike Dimaeo, Rudy Diamco, Kurt Kreiger, all the guys a good group to grow up with we were tight and yes we were good COL bogie march love it!!!!!
I know all those names but I don't see yours. But if you know them then you know me and I know you. I was there from 61-67. I was the tall snare drummer and usually seen with Krieger.
Alpsman

Utica, NY

#101 May 7, 2017
I thought I had posted this before but apparently not. The Upstate Independent Drum and Bugle Corps, a new corps out of Oneida formed in 2016 with a full slate of parades and exhibitions last year. The corps is much improved going into the 2017 season and is looking for both experienced and new players on brass, drums and color guard. Even if you've never played a drum corps instrument before, instructors will work with you to get you up to speed quickly and get in on the fun. You can find more information of the corps' Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3926844142711...
butchd

East Syracuse, NY

#102 May 25, 2017
Glen Beck 8th wrote:
I played with the Prospect Crusaders and Utica Executives; the good old days!
Good to see others still upright and taking nourisment.
Anyone remember what happened to the Zaugg brothers?
My brother Phil was in the corps and my uncle Morry was the director.
Great times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Water Board Rate Hike AGAIN 4 min Meeting with MVWA 10
Non-Profit Agenices Chief Executive Salary 8 min Charity Bogus Non... 6
Family court race 2 hr Longshot 54
What's With MJV and MJS 2 hr Welfare wonders 3
Utica comets season tickets 2 hr Welfare wonders 22
Why always destroying! 2 hr Hello zipwit 49
Cover up at OCJ 3 hr Book him Dano 30
Scumbags of Utica! Name one! 6 hr Whats the excuse 14
episcopo steps down from united way 7 hr KC Fan 8

Utica Jobs