utica lowlifes

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

I marched from 1968 _1973 with the corp great times,many memories,great friends 5
mike guarno

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

well I'm out here, being a former member of the Mag. Yanks. I remember alot of whatI read in the afore mentioned comments and yes I was a part of that fight with some members of St. Joes. It was in Geneva at the Red Barn. I had a lot of fond memories of the big Corps. Those days will always be with me. As the Appleknockers (Geneva) would play back in the day," Those were the day's " Glad to hear some of us are still around.
QuickStick

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

baritone 63-66 wrote:
I MARCHED WITH THE YANKEES FROM 1963 to 66 was part of the 1964 state champs and the trips to Miami for the nationals. I remember Marty Isha, Mike Dimaeo, Rudy Diamco, Kurt Kreiger, all the guys a good group to grow up with we were tight and yes we were good COL bogie march love it!!!!!
Who are you? I got to know you and you got to know me. I am orginal member from Utica Boys to Magnificent Yankees to 67 when corps folded. I know all the guys you mentioned above and a whole lot more. I knew everybody in the corps. Krieger is gone now but he was my best friend. We were always together. The old Yankee drum line played at his funeral. Mike DiMeo played taps. It was so loud in the church the priest said "I think Kurt heard you." Did you attend our reunion we had in April of 1986? If not you missed something really special.
QuickStick

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Dave w wrote:
I marched 62-66 with Marty Isha, Mike dimayo, Rudy Diamico, Kurt Kruger, Brian Dowd and all the other great guys.... won the state championship made the finals in the nationals in Miami great summers Still get chills when I hear the COL Bogie march and ST Joe's still sucks llmao
The screaming eagles were the best always enjoyed them.
Hi General
Lydia Eaton Plante

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

I marched Speigleaires Jr Corps from Troy, NY and Competed against the Magnficient Yankees back in the 60s Marching. After 34 years decided to get back into the Art Form. Been with Hawthorne, NJ Caballeros Alumni D & B Corps playing mellophone for 10 years. Now is your chance to have FUN!

Caballeros Alumni Announce 2013 Program/Open House

For the 2013 season, the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Corps will take a trip back in time to revisit the 1976 championship year -- a year where the Corps swept every caption at DCA finals. Drawing on the repertoire that garnered them their fifth World Championship title in seven years, Arranger & Program Coordinator, Larry Kerchner, is hard at work adapting his ’76 charts to twenty-first century instrumentation, while Drum Instructor, John Smith, guides the percussion section once again.

The repertoire will include:“Bully,”“Brazil,”“Echa no," “Hill Where the Lord Hides,” "Cabs Signature," and, of course, the Alumni Corps’ perennial Color Presentation,“Cha Cha Cha Flamenco.”

The Corps is looking forward to an outstanding season in 2013. If you’ve been getting the urge to get back on the field, come on down to Hawthorne and take the field with us once more!

The Corps will be hosting an Open House on Sunday, December 9th, from 12 until 5 PM, at American Legion Post 199, 1 Legion Place, Hawthorne, NJ 07506.

Sit on line and play with the Caballeros Alumni Dec 9.
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I also am a former member of the Royaleers Colorguard, along with my sister Robin. And brother, Mark, who was in the drum line late 60's to end.

Our parents were the colorguard instructors Dick and Louise Roach. My mother recently passed away and i was going through her belongings and came across her collection of memories...
Throughout the years we have gone to all the Drums Along The Mohawk only missing last years due to her Illness. Passing down the Drum Corp Blood to our children and grandchildren.
Our parents never forgot any of you through out the years and always talked about The Royaleers. Some of the happiest memories they ever shared with us.

Thank You Drum Corp Members!

lynn franklin

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I was a member of the Royaleers for about 5 years also the syr brigs. I taught the Yankee cadets for a short time. I live in the valley. And I miss those days. I taught drum for a group down here the golden eagles. Drum corp taught many kids responsibility and disapline. It was a great time
lynn franklin

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I remember Dick and Louise they were instructors when I joined the Royaleers. They were great people

“I Make you wonder”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Red Sox!!!
lynn franklin

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Former member wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John,
I remember you and did march with the Royaleers during that late 60's early 70's timeframe. If you are who I'm thinking of, your girlfriend was Donna (color guard captain?) and her sister Linda also marched. I laughed at the "George of the Jungle" comment. If you remember that is what you played in parades in between full corps musical numbers like "You'll never Walk Alone", "Sounds of Silence" and "Who Will Buy" from Oliver. It's also what you played us on and off the field with at competitions. That is my recollection but we all know how that goes.
The names I remember from the drumline are Bill, Kowalick, Jim Gigilotti, Dick Warzala, Ed Saughter, Chet Doughrty, John Moskal, Fred Paul, Tom Conneley, Joe Rella, Rudy Gawron, Mike Neri and Bill Berry. I'm sure I've forgotten some and please excuse the spelling of the others. I remember winter practices at the armory, spring in the Utica Mutual parking lot, drum practice at "the Post" and Washington School as well as drill all summer long on the JFK High School field.
Somewhere on the internet there is a dvd for sale that was created from an old 8mm black and white film. It's the 1970 World Open at Lynn Bowl in Lynn, MA. It's very grainy but when I saw it and heard the music it brought back a flood of memories. I wonder what happened to all of those people.
this is Lynda Aman Donna's sister. Wwho is this. U named most our members. I would love to see that footage
lynn franklin

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

mike guarno wrote:
well I'm out here, being a former member of the Mag. Yanks. I remember alot of whatI read in the afore mentioned comments and yes I was a part of that fight with some members of St. Joes. It was in Geneva at the Red Barn. I had a lot of fond memories of the big Corps. Those days will always be with me. As the Appleknockers (Geneva) would play back in the day," Those were the day's " Glad to hear some of us are still around.
Mike did not know you were in drum corp. Where do u work now
lynn franklin

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Diceman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of them!
I just found this, and it's bringing back a lot of memories!
I marched the Utica Executives until they folded, then went to the Royaleers - then St. Joes for the '71 season...
Now I live in S. Florida and run Diceman Radio, a 24/7 old time drum corps Internet radio station.
It helps me relive the good old days!
Ron Allard
Ronnie where in south Florida is your station
Royaleers

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

lynn franklin wrote:
<quoted text>Ronnie where in south Florida is your station
http://diceman-radio.com/
Joe Glod

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

another NYer wrote:
I played tenor drum and snare drum in the Yankee Cadets drum and bugle corps back in the 1960's, and later for a short stint I played tenor drum for the "Big Corps" in 1969 and 1970.
It's a shame that we do not have a big name drum corps east of the Syracuse Brigadiers that we can really call our own. But I do cherish the local memories, and the parades we used to have in Utica back then make the ones they have now look pathetic!
Anybody want to comment as a past member of the above mentioned corps, or want to just reminisce? Anyone remember just hearing the Yankees practice at night during the summer months at the G-E (now ConMed) parking lot? Or perhaps the Yankee Cadets practicing at the Proctor Park across from Cafe' CaNole?
I lived across the street from the Malachinos. I could always hear the Yankees at GE.I saw the Yankees many times in parades, murnain field competitions. Dave Malichino was one of my best friends and he was in the corps so I got really close to the Yankees I moved out of Utica in 1965 and sure miss the good old days. Its hard to watch the new corps. I e-mailed their headquarters and asked them to go back to the old way drums and horns only. They never answered back.
Lee

Watervliet, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Has any one ever attempted to start an alumni corps of all the former Yankees, Cadets, Royaleers, Frankfort Starlighters, Execs, Copper City Cadets?(Or even New Hartford or Rome marching bands). I didn't play in any of those groups myself but I would be interested in helping one start in the area where it was active in past years.

Lee
Utica Yankees Competitor (St. Joes)
Donna

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

I was a member of the Yankee Cadets and was drum major for a whole bunch of years. I remember Joe Servello and Chuck Mezza. We had great times and made many special friendships. I went on to Avant Garde where I met my husband and we both marched with the Rochester Crusaders for a bunch of years
Devin FitzGerald

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

My dad (Paul FitzGerald) Marched Royaleers in '71 and Yankees in '73. After Yankees folded, he marched Yankee Cadets in '74. He then Went on to march Kilties in '75 and BD in '76 and '77.
Chuck Appleknocker

Newark, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

QuickStick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi General
http://optimists-alumni.org/photos/thumbnails...
Those were the days

East Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

I was a flag and then moved up to the rifle. Those were great times. Loved the travel and competition. How many of you still have the album we made. That was cool.....
Long Ago

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Some old posts, yet great memories. I marched with the Cadets from 66 to 67' big corp from 68 to 73 then aged out. Played baritone with Dick O, Butch Guarno, Louie Billello, Brian Dodge (RIP). Lots of fun playing cards on the bus, watching Chunky piss out the bus door. Some great memories of our gorgeous all girl color guard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica & Oneida County's Hotel Scam 1 hr Fellows 14
utica aud 4 hr Westward Bound 123
half moon cookies origin (Oct '11) 4 hr Dr Answer 23
Utica Mayor calling for ethics board (Feb '12) 4 hr Dr Answer 6
Wegmans on the move 4 hr Dr Answer 7
What to do ... 5 hr Paris 1
2014 Whitesboro Football 5 hr Fall Football 8
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 5 hr fitz 103
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 6 hr Who Done It 40

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••