Any Magnificent Yankees/Executives/Ro...
ILFTNY

Fort Mill, SC

#21 Nov 4, 2010
Dog Lovers wrote:
My cousin (John F. DiMeo) was a member)One of the BEST drummers they ever had! I love watching these talented folks perform. I also dated a gal (my first love)from N.H. High and she was a clarinet player in the late 70's.(Hi Lisa)!!! I went to many of her competitions and really loved it. I have missed Drums Along the Mohawk as I am out of state a lot but when home, never miss them.
Very exciting. My son is a drummer, and he could NOT keep still! LOL! It was fun to watch him, watch the competition! LOL!!!
Ah, memories sweet memories. I too, wish we could turn the clock back.
The Yankees! Oh yes, I do remember them well. I was a member of the cadets, Drum Major. I too remember John F. DiMeo, he was my first love.
My family now lives in Rock Hill, SC and I love watching and listening to the wonderful music our high schools create. Look for me on Facebook.
Dog Lovers

Montgomery, AL

#22 Nov 7, 2010
ILFTNY wrote:
<quoted text>
The Yankees! Oh yes, I do remember them well. I was a member of the cadets, Drum Major. I too remember John F. DiMeo, he was my first love.
My family now lives in Rock Hill, SC and I love watching and listening to the wonderful music our high schools create. Look for me on Facebook.
Carol?
ILFTNY

Fort Mill, SC

#23 Nov 7, 2010
yes, Vinny its me, look for me on FB Carolyn Sherman Mayton
ILFTNY

Fort Mill, SC

#24 Nov 7, 2010
Dog Lovers wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol?
yes, it's me Vinny

funny, we both live in South Carolina.
look me up on FB
Carolyn
Stan OleksikSr

Newport News, VA

#25 Dec 1, 2010
Fun wrote:
I sure do I was in the Cadets. We also practiced at post# 229. I can name a few of the old guys. Do also remember the Screaming Eeagles drill team?
Yes I remember the screaming eagles. They practiced in the UFS parking lot. I was also a member of the Executives. I had my hat up until a year ago and then donated it
Stan OleksikSr

Newport News, VA

#26 Dec 1, 2010
Does anyone remember the Prospect Crusaders before they were the Executives?
Rebecca Temple

Atlanta, GA

#27 Feb 13, 2011
Hello Naomi, You're right, we were gooood. Let me know if you find any pics. Rebecca in the ATL.
Naomi Harris-Ambridge wrote:
Becky, I remember! I often tell my granddaughter about the Screaming Eagles. I was on the internet searching to see if there were any photographs I could download for her. I remember the Cherry Blossom Festival. I remember the State Competition in Albany when there was another drill team making fun of us. Joe took us off the bus and had us do our "Big Daddy" routine where we did all these formations for aobut 5 minutes without a command and the other drill team got back on the bus and went home! It's so good to know someone else remembers. That was a wonderful time.
<quoted text>
BOYS FROM NIAGARA FALLS

San Antonio, TX

#28 Feb 22, 2011
In 67,68 & 69 our corp folded and we joined St Joes 4 leads, 1 french, 3 bar, 1 contra and 1 snare. We gave Joes an extra charge. But we still were consider outsiders. They had a bunch of aholes marching with them at that time. The juding at that time was very subjective. Joes and the Yankees would be between 1 and 2 points other each other in New York State, but when they would go to nationals there was a 10 point difference. I always enjoyed the Yankees music, especially the mean solos.
BOYS FROM NIAGARA FALLS

San Antonio, TX

#29 Feb 22, 2011
We marched with St Joes 67-69 after our corp folded. At that time St Joes was getting beat by Bronx Kingsmen. We brought some extra power 4 leads, 1 french, 3 bar, 1 contra and a snare. You think they would be grateful. They had alot of aholes marching with them at that time. The judges were very subjective, in New York State St Joes and the Yankees would trade victories, usually 2 points apart. When nationals came there would be 10 point difference. I couldn't figure it out. I really enjoyed Yankees music, especially the mean solos.
very high

United States

#30 Feb 22, 2011
Thats gay
Dog Lovers

Montgomery, AL

#31 Feb 23, 2011
I LOVE Drums Along the Mohawn in Rome every year! That is the closest thing to it, and THEN some! Despite being out of state, I try to make it when I can! Such energy! What showmanship!
BOYS FROM NIAGARA FALLS

San Antonio, TX

#32 Mar 15, 2011
Its been a couple of weeks since my first comment on St Joes and the Yankees. I guess all the old timers in the late 60s are gone?
DCI is head and shoulders above the 60s drum corp era, but who wants to pay money to march. They have gotten away from popular music and play more for the judges then the crowd.
joe

Little Falls, NY

#33 May 2, 2011
I MARCHED WITH THE YANKEES FROM 1966 TILL THE END I WAS ASSNT. DRUM MAJOR 1969 ON. THE YOUTH TODAY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE MISSING.
BEST TIMES - BEST FRIENDS......THANKS
Dudley Ave Kid

United States

#34 May 2, 2011
I have great memories of my father taking us kids to see the drum corps when we were young. I believe he was one of the original executives and did some writing or arranging for them. I have a few photos of them marching. Don was a great trumpet player and a great man.
Shebang

Rome, NY

#35 May 2, 2011
And you all sound like you've made it o far to be sitting on "topics" in the middle of the night reminiscing about the "glory" days lol!
Diceman

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#36 May 3, 2011
BOYS FROM NIAGARA FALLS wrote:
Its been a couple of weeks since my first comment on St Joes and the Yankees. I guess all the old timers in the late 60s are gone?
DCI is head and shoulders above the 60s drum corp era, but who wants to pay money to march. They have gotten away from popular music and play more for the judges then the crowd.
Not all of them!
I just found this, and it's bringing back a lot of memories!
I marched the Utica Executives until they folded, then went to the Royaleers - then St. Joes for the '71 season...
Now I live in S. Florida and run Diceman Radio, a 24/7 old time drum corps Internet radio station.

It helps me relive the good old days!
Ron Allard
Stanley Oleksik Sr

Newport News, VA

#37 Jun 9, 2011
I marched with the "Executives" till I went in the service. When I came back in "67 they had disbanded. We were formerly Prospect Crusaders.
Stanley Oleksik Sr

Newport News, VA

#38 Jun 9, 2011
Dudley Ave Kid wrote:
I have great memories of my father taking us kids to see the drum corps when we were young. I believe he was one of the original executives and did some writing or arranging for them. I have a few photos of them marching. Don was a great trumpet player and a great man.
I know all about the "Executives" because I was on e myself. I remember Henry Brunet who they called the toothless wonder. I went in the service and when I came back the "Executives were no more.
Royaleers

Boston, MA

#39 Jun 10, 2011
There are some vintage pics of the Utica Royaleers at http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm...

From around 1968-69. Ron Allard who posted above would know exactly.
baritone 63-66

Palm Bay, FL

#40 Jul 21, 2011
I MARCHED WITH THE YANKEES FROM 1963 to 66 was part of the 1964 state champs and the trips to Miami for the nationals. I remember Marty Isha, Mike Dimaeo, Rudy Diamco, Kurt Kreiger, all the guys a good group to grow up with we were tight and yes we were good COL bogie march love it!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home invasion in new hartford 12 min Boring 3
Looking for good tree removal referral (Jul '14) 12 min Gerald Vonberger 18
Whitesboro Fire Department 1 hr eek 4
lapolla thinks a mayor run 1 hr Seward Avenue 53
how many trillions are wasted on free health care 1 hr HAHA 8
mental health connections utica 2 hr mikki 1
was trooper justified shooting unarmed escapee 2 hr racist 7
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE