Why do bank tellers always tell me...

Posted in the Utica Forum

Freebie the Bean

Clinton, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2013
hor durves wrote:
...to do my business at the ATM?
Could it be yer uglier than sin? Or you don't know how to fill out a withdrawal slip?
T poliTOP X answer

Ilion, NY

#4 Apr 1, 2013
hor durves wrote:
I was being serious. Whenever I go into a bank and make a deposit or withdrawal the teller always says, "Did you know you can make a deposit/withdrawal at the ATM instead of coming into the bank?" Must be they don't like their jobs if their telling people to go use the ATM.
The ATM would handle the transactions and not the teller, ok
Stanwix Prison

Schenectady, NY

#5 Apr 1, 2013
Sounds like they're just afraid to work.
Have to

Gilbertsville, NY

#6 Apr 1, 2013
hor durves wrote:
I was being serious. Whenever I go into a bank and make a deposit or withdrawal the teller always says, "Did you know you can make a deposit/withdrawal at the ATM instead of coming into the bank?" Must be they don't like their jobs if their telling people to go use the ATM.
They are told to. They get randomly 'shopped' and graded and it is tied to their review. They are told to call you by name and suggest other accounts and the conveinience of the atm. They can't have a normal conversation anymore.
Pleasure Kevin

Upton, MA

#7 Apr 1, 2013
Have to wrote:
<quoted text>
They are told to. They get randomly 'shopped' and graded and it is tied to their review. They are told to call you by name and suggest other accounts and the conveinience of the atm. They can't have a normal conversation anymore.
Yeah, most customer service interactions by large corporations are scripted nowadays. Yet another reason to do your business at a local credit union! They haven't even once asked me to use the ATM, and they are super polite and helpful.
who cares

Cold Brook, NY

#8 Apr 1, 2013
next time she tells you that reply "If I did your fat @ss would be out of a job"
Rick

Syracuse, NY

#10 Apr 1, 2013
There used to be men working as bank cashiers... then they hired women to work the same as men and they figured they could pay the women less... decade after decade goes by and now all you see in banks are women behind the counter... to save even more money - they now want the ATMs to do all the work...
Robot

Meriden, CT

#11 Apr 1, 2013
My mom and dad are both ATMs and I am proud of them. They do a good job and that is why the tellers recommend them!
You Sir Are So Correct

Liverpool, NY

#12 Apr 2, 2013
Rick wrote:
There used to be men working as bank cashiers... then they hired women to work the same as men and they figured they could pay the women less... decade after decade goes by and now all you see in banks are women behind the counter... to save even more money - they now want the ATMs to do all the work...
Exactly!! It's all about saving payroll $$$ and making more profits for the Bank's shareholders so they can pay higher stock dividends and their CEO's multi-million-dollar bonuses every year. Customer service and convenience are SECONDARY!!! In the near future we will be lucky if there is even one teller we can interact with at our local banks, and the banks will no doubt find a way to CHARGE its customers for the "privilege" of the teller's customer service. I already see the writing on the wall at my local Citizens Bank--they have half the number of tellers on at any given time than they had just a few years ago.
Utica taxpaper

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 2, 2013
bob wrote:
I always find it easier to do my business online or with the ATMs instead of dealing with the bimbos in the bank. Besides, branch hours are very inconvenient for the working person. With all the technology that is coming down the pike we won't even need brick and mortar banks in a few years.
I love the word you used "Bimbos" as that is exactly what they are.

Bank hired these young girls right out of High School that know nothing about common sense or judgement. It is like listening to a robot quoting the Bank's Manual of Procedures!

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Rochester, NY

#14 Apr 2, 2013
It is about makeing humans obsolete to save money.The more you use an atm the more layoffs they can justify.Plus the atm has a camera that takes your picture when you make a trsnsaction wich gives them more data on you that they can mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano Nano Part 1 1 hr PolyCracker Losers 14
who is Mike Hill Sr? (Apr '09) 1 hr Ellen 25
Time Warner Cable: frequent internet service di... 1 hr Fed Up 4
Is There Anyone Who is Happy in Utica? 2 hr Nano to Nowhere 22
frozen dome classic 2 hr Nobody cared 44
Joe Bonanossa Joining Allman Brothers 3 hr Joe Nobody 43
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 3 hr Deam that dream 23
Charlie Shove 4 hr Rise and Grind 48
state farm new hartford 6 hr Knows him 46
Utica Dating