strutz establishment can strut on out...

strutz establishment can strut on out of here!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MJC

Lowville, NY

#1 Apr 19, 2011
So this bar on Bleecker street called Strutz what a joke! NYC Bar wanna be. I live in NYC and it ain't gonna happen this is Utica. I regularly spend $50 on a Friday and Saturday night there just for myself and the have the audacity to charge me a $5.00 cover for what? Plus two gay guys own this joint and they discriminate against there own kind. Get the hell out of town. I remember when this place was the Millenium years ago I say bring it back and Struzt can strut on out of here! Won't see my face anymore!!!!!
humne

Herkimer, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2011
great place
Hello

Newark, NJ

#5 Apr 20, 2011
I believe there is a $5 cover to keep the location from becoming the Millennium all over again. Your 5 bucks includes a drink. When I go to NY I pay $20 to get into places not offering any more then STRUT.
Coco

Cortland, NY

#6 Apr 20, 2011
Okay EVERYONE...I own a bar/restaurant that has both GAY and STRAIGHT customers...and you know why they BOTH come there...because they feel COMFORTABLE....been to STRUT...was not impressed...wish the owners the best of luck..but they don't know how to run a BUSSINESS period!! It was BORING and not that busy for a saturday night..and I don't mind paying $5 to get in if it was worth it..frankly if it was a HOT SPOT to be no one would be bitching..been to gay bars/straight bars...and the BEST ones are where people feel comfortable and are having FUN...in my personal life I have MANY gay friends and they are harsher on STRUT then I am..listen Chaterbox was just as nice (or nicer in my opinion) when they opened...and you know why they closed?? It was not a GAY thing..it was a too expensive and NO PERSONALITY owneres thing...it is a BUSSINESS period..and it you don't have a PERSONALITY to run on..get OUT..I would go back..if the Vibe gets better...but they better learn to ENTERTAIN their guests to keep them comming back!!
insane

Newark, NJ

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Strutz Keep it up, great job. Love going there. Once standards lowered to satisfy idoits thats all you will end up with. $5 will not break the right people from coming.
Anyomous

Charlestown, MA

#9 Jan 29, 2012
insane wrote:
Strutz Keep it up, great job. Love going there. Once standards lowered to satisfy idoits thats all you will end up with.$5 will not break the right people from coming.
I think everyone has there own opinion and from reading the discrimination that was on these comments is just moronic, and very ignorant!!! I appalled anyone opening a buinsnes in this area, specially a bar/club bc god knows there's tons of competition out there to compete with, and with the Economy the way it is it's crazy to put anyone Down for opening anything bc they have the balls too do it!! Just saying!
crazy

United States

#10 Jan 31, 2012
u ppl r crazy! I haven't seen a place like this in a long time. Its a great place the owners r great . The ppl r great and the entertainment is great! Friendly atmosphere never a problem and the 5 dollars is for men only and they should start charging. Its def the best place to be on the weekend! They want it turning into something bad and close 5 dollars big deal utica finally has a fun..upbeat exciting place to go DONT RUIN IT! I admit in the beginning was not great but i must say in the last 2 3 months that ive been going huge difference strut has been the best place to be ! Guys came along way from last summer! Keep it up guys!
misty winters

United States

#11 Mar 24, 2012
Well george and his faggott lover friend whatever threw me and my friend out bc we r trannys those fags are biggots....they made me use the handicaped b-room and humiliated me...what a waste of human flesh....don't go to that homophobic bar they just try to get the straight boys....why would u b gay and open a non gay friendly astablishment....hmmmm they are trying to get the straight boizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Touloula

Syracuse, NY

#12 Mar 24, 2012
misty winters wrote:
Well george and his faggott lover friend whatever threw me and my friend out bc we r trannys those fags are biggots....they made me use the handicaped b-room and humiliated me...what a waste of human flesh....don't go to that homophobic bar they just try to get the straight boys....why would u b gay and open a non gay friendly astablishment....hmmmm they are trying to get the straight boizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Over and over again I keep hearing these horror stories about Strut. And its not limited to trannys and cross dressers and drag queens. Even "straight" looking and acting gay men have been asked to leave if the owners merely suspect them of being gay. WTF is up with that? The owners, who tell every one they are from NYC, are most likely a couple of hillbillies from Boonville or a similar town who moved to NY for a year then couldn't make it there so they decided to come to Utica. They lack sophistication and treat the gay community like scum. This bar is by far one of the worst places that I have ever been to.
Lovely

Baldwinsville, NY

#13 Mar 26, 2012
I don't know what your issue is but I see gay, straight, black, white, old, young...everyone there. I like it there they RARELY ever have a cover charge and their drinks are well priced for the size you get. I think this place is fantastic so if you don't like it just don't go there. Problem solved.
Strut it is

Camillus, NY

#14 Mar 26, 2012
Lovely you are soo right.. I have seen everyone known to man in there. The only thing they are trying to control is anything that will bring it down! such a great place ..great owners. great bartenders. the music is great.. i actually took my mom out there and she had fun .. so who ever has anything bad to say obviously has something wrong with them or the party they were with. they dont just pick you out in the crowd and throw u out because of stupid reasons. Everytime I am in there it is packed ...hmmm theres a reason for that ppl!!! If u want to do drugs and make trouble go somewhere else not here. Utica doesnt have much and this place is awesome! its like getting away from utica when u are there. I love you strut!! drinks are awesome.. and u guys always greet me and my friends and the dj has everything we ask for so thank you!!
jack

Rome, NY

#15 Mar 31, 2012
The owners of strut do in fact eject gays, trannys, lesbians, and drags for reasons of appearance. They do this illegally and it's discrimination. Action will be taken if victims start filing human rights campaign complaints. If the hrc gets a number of valid complaints with a solid pattern to establish a case of discrimination then strut will be in trouble. None of the cases involving a tranny, drag, lesbian, or gay was drug related. They owners targeted them based on appearance and that's illegal. Utica is a small town! The owners should wise up and clean up their discriminantory policies before the hrc gets involved.
polly

Rome, NY

#16 Mar 31, 2012
I go to That Place it's friendlier!!!!!
misty winters

United States

#17 Mar 31, 2012
STRUT = sucks
Glitter

Long Eddy, NY

#18 Mar 31, 2012
polly wrote:
I go to That Place it's friendlier!!!!!
I go to That Place and even though it is a dirty dive, I do agree that it is friendlier. I have never seen them be rude to anyone or ask anyone to leave. Strut is rapidly gaining a bad reputation as being unfriendly and rude to anyone the owners don't approve of for arbitrary reasons. They are being very judgemental towards people who don't seem to fit their mold of who they want as a customer. The most disturbing and crazy part of this is the fact that the owners themselves are openly gay. I would think that would be a reason to be more welcoming of the gay community. Yet they have repeatedly ejected or denied entry and service to many members of the gay community. Being gay encompasses a wide array of different lifestyles. Many gay men and women look and act exactly the same as straight men and women. Others may exhibit mannerisms and fashions that are different. In order to be served at Strut, you can't exhibit anything that the owners would interpret as gay. I think this is a really big problem. Is it illegal to be gay, or for that matter a tranny or drag queen? I don't think so. I have also heard stories from people who have said that they were not served or allowed entry who are black or Hispanic. This is all very wrong, and I'm sure that at some point someone is going to talk to their lawyer and sue their asses!
Answer

Cortland, NY

#20 Apr 1, 2012
jack wrote:
The owners of strut do in fact eject gays, trannys, lesbians, and drags for reasons of appearance. They do this illegally and it's discrimination. Action will be taken if victims start filing human rights campaign complaints. If the hrc gets a number of valid complaints with a solid pattern to establish a case of discrimination then strut will be in trouble. None of the cases involving a tranny, drag, lesbian, or gay was drug related. They owners targeted them based on appearance and that's illegal. Utica is a small town! The owners should wise up and clean up their discriminantory policies before the hrc gets involved.
Hate to tell you this, but you are incorrect. They can eject anyone they want. That's still a right under this wonderful government. Now if they were not hiring them based on your complaint, that would be illegal. But they can throw anyone out they want, including you. Thank God!!!!
melissa

Frisco, TX

#21 Apr 1, 2012
Actually ur wrong it's a club open to the public
Evan

New Hartford, NY

#22 Apr 1, 2012
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to tell you this, but you are incorrect. They can eject anyone they want. That's still a right under this wonderful government. Now if they were not hiring them based on your complaint, that would be illegal. But they can throw anyone out they want, including you. Thank God!!!!
Discrimination due to race, religion, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation is not legal. Even if they were a private club, such discrimination would not be legal. They cannot refuse service to anyone. Many establishments, such as bars and restaurants, use dress codes to get around the law. If they were to post a dress code this would allow them to exclude people who do not conform to the posted dress code. Strut does not have a posted dress code. They exclude and refuse service arbitrarily and tend to do this to people who are gay, black, Hispanic, etc. If you happen to be an openly gay person of color from Puerto Rico, it is doubtful you would make it past the door. And if you somehow did, you probably would not get served and would be asked to take a hike. That is very wrong.
Touloula

New Hartford, NY

#23 Apr 1, 2012
I just had a great idea! Let's get all the drag queens together and invade Strut! We can get all dolled up and make a fabulous entrance. Now, when they tell us to get the flock out of their bar, we can all whip out our cameras and phones and start posting everything we can on our Facebook pages. We can let everyone know what is going on here. And if we are really lucky, maybe we can get the local tv stations to come down! Oh, and lets tell all our freinds so they can join us. This would be such fun!
Black Gay Guy

United States

#24 Apr 1, 2012
Evan wrote:
<quoted text>Discrimination due to race, religion, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation is not legal. Even if they were a private club, such discrimination would not be legal. They cannot refuse service to anyone. Many establishments, such as bars and restaurants, use dress codes to get around the law. If they were to post a dress code this would allow them to exclude people who do not conform to the posted dress code. Strut does not have a posted dress code. They exclude and refuse service arbitrarily and tend to do this to people who are gay, black, Hispanic, etc. If you happen to be an openly gay person of color from Puerto Rico, it is doubtful you would make it past the door. And if you somehow did, you probably would not get served and would be asked to take a hike. That is very wrong.
Strut is like the United Nations you people are crazy......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landmarc Building rebirth brings 31 homes to Do... (Oct '14) 2 hr Lets be Clear 12
Can blacks be deported 4 hr Bill phillips you... 4
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 5 hr ALL windows yes 2
bufflo head has anyone been there past few months 5 hr go ahead 39
Tina Kotary (May '16) 5 hr just me 10
Gordon's Tap Room 6 hr Curious 2
What are some names of gangs in Utica? 8 hr Scared 8
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 9 hr Cut OC Taxes 34

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages