|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Stanczyk wrote:
Yes, New Hartford is a wealthy community. So why are Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma arguing over a health care benefit of $3,000 a year for 5 years. It's not the money. Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma just want to destroy a fine institution.
They will destroy everything and anything they can get involved with. I say this with no malice. It is simply what there past history indicates.
Tired of it

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

It appears neither side can move on. You are all acting like a bunch of kids who get upset when they do not get their way...

Just curious, if I don't visit the library can I get a reduction on my taxes? It would only be a few dollars every year but would help pay my bills. It appears the library can afford gifts of $3K per year so giving people a tax break if they do not use the library seems feasible. With all the negativity being posted from both sides I don't plan to visit the library any time soon...
Lerfer and Calumet

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Again, its not about personalities, its about ensuring that the NH library will be adequately funded by using library funds for the library. This health care "benefit" is for former employee Hans Plembeck. Mr Plembeck was not promised this money and this "benefit" is not permitted by the library's HR policies.

Furthermore, as stated at the library trustee meeting, Mr Plembeck is free to use this money anyway he wishes. Its a direct cash payment to him and he does not have to use it for a purchase of medical insurance.

This money is not in the library budget and will not be used to support the library. The bigger issue is that a new precedent has been set and other employees will expect the same cash payment when they leave the library. By voting against this cash gift to Mr Plembek, Mr. Flemma and Mr. Wiatr voted to protect the library. The other trustees voted to increase its financial risk.

So, the question remains and will not go away until there is an answer: How does a $16,000 cash payment from a financially stressed library help the library?
Thomas Stanczyk wrote:
Yes, New Hartford is a wealthy community. So why are Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma arguing over a health care benefit of $3,000 a year for 5 years. It's not the money. Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma just want to destroy a fine institution.
Brad Bates

Belmont, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Ed, you lost. Give it up.
optimus

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Brad Bates wrote:
Ed, you lost. Give it up.
Its a very reasonable question given the tight money situation at the library. Why don't ypu just answer the question? Don't you care about the library? Mr Wiatr and Mr Flemma are fighting to ensure that the library is funded. They don't want to see it closed because they ran out of money. Why don't you support their efforts to keep the library open?
?
Dear Tom

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

I think you are the one that has to move on! All you do is attack trustees who don't want to spend money the library doesnt have. One rule of staying wealthy is to stay within your budget. Looking at this financially, the trustees who voted against the $16000 package are trying to control expenses only to preserve the library. Those who voted for the $16000 are only putting the library in more danger. They already have to raise over $100000 this year by fundraising. Ed Flemma is the only one who has come up with a fundraising event.

So stop looking ignorant in your rants against trustees for having some fiscal responsibility. Fiscal responsibility saves the institution it doesn't break it.
Brad Bates

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

The question was answered with a 5-2 vote. You may ask your question as often as you like, however, it's not going to change the outcome. You will just have to learn to accept your defeat. The pain of your loss will lessen over time. Sorry.
Interesting

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

If the person who keeps posting the same question is a trustee, then what is your true purpose of repeating the same question over and over again for you should have some idea as to why the vote was to make the gift. You may not agree with it, but you should know why. If you don't know why, then maybe you need to listen better at the meetings.

If the person who keeps posting the same question is not a trustee, then go to the next meeting and ask it there. You may or may not get an answer but you certainly are not getting one on this forum. Give it up
SREGGIN

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

They all smell of elderberries.
linda

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

I never wash.
Lerfer and Calumet

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, I'm not a trustee. There is no reason in the world why Mr. Plembeck should be given a $16,000 cash gift from the library. He wasn't promised the money while he worked there. The Library's HR policy states he is not entitled to any cash gift when he retired.

What hold does Mr Plembeck have as a former employee over the trustees such that they would put the library at financial risk to give him that much cash? I intend to find out and proclaim it publicly once I do. The library does not have an obligation to provide medical coverage to former employees. The trustee did not have to give him $16,000, but they did. Why?

Ultimately, the library's funds come from the taxpayers and they have a right to ensure that their money is being spent wisely and for its intended purpose. We gave the trustees that money to run a library, not to give it away to former employees because they feel generous.

The question is not going away and I will keep digging for answers until I get them. I care about the library and don't want to see it put in financial danger by trustees giving its badly needed funding away.
Interesting wrote:
If the person who keeps posting the same question is a trustee, then what is your true purpose of repeating the same question over and over again for you should have some idea as to why the vote was to make the gift. You may not agree with it, but you should know why. If you don't know why, then maybe you need to listen better at the meetings.
If the person who keeps posting the same question is not a trustee, then go to the next meeting and ask it there. You may or may not get an answer but you certainly are not getting one on this forum. Give it up
Brad Bates

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Thanks Ed.
well

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

I hope you do get to the bottom of this. I'm sure Plembeck knows alot about Romano that she wouldn't want made public.
Tom

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

This is very well spoken. If the library trustees are on the up and up, then should just publicly state why they did what thy did and cite what ever references they used. Its pretty straight forward to me.
Lerfer and Calumet wrote:
Sorry, I'm not a trustee. There is no reason in the world why Mr. Plembeck should be given a $16,000 cash gift from the library. He wasn't promised the money while he worked there. The Library's HR policy states he is not entitled to any cash gift when he retired.
What hold does Mr Plembeck have as a former employee over the trustees such that they would put the library at financial risk to give him that much cash? I intend to find out and proclaim it publicly once I do. The library does not have an obligation to provide medical coverage to former employees. The trustee did not have to give him $16,000, but they did. Why?
Ultimately, the library's funds come from the taxpayers and they have a right to ensure that their money is being spent wisely and for its intended purpose. We gave the trustees that money to run a library, not to give it away to former employees because they feel generous.
The question is not going away and I will keep digging for answers until I get them. I care about the library and don't want to see it put in financial danger by trustees giving its badly needed funding away.
<quoted text>
Morgan Butler

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

They don't have to cite anything. It's over. The decision was made. Move on. Have a coke and a smile. This is ridiculous. The witch hunts in Salem were concluded quicker than the way you people are dragging this out.

Nothing like beating a dead horse. After awhile- it just gets tiring.
well

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Morgan Butler wrote:
They don't have to cite anything. It's over. The decision was made. Move on. Have a coke and a smile. This is ridiculous. The witch hunts in Salem were concluded quicker than the way you people are dragging this out.
If we don't stop Romano now she will keep trying to rip off the people of NH. Can't let that go.
The Joy Ride Club

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Why should it be over? If the trustees spend $16,000 on new computers it would be understandable. The same would go for $16,000 for books, building repairs or paying for someone at the front desk. But this money, our money, wasn't spent on any of those things. If the trustees just gave the money away to Mr Plembeck for no other reason except that they were feeling generous then those trustees have mis-used the trust given to them.

Perhaps, the answer is that Mr. Plembeck has information that the trustees don't want revealed and the money was hush money. Since the trustees don't have anything to say, perhaps its time to take ca closer look at Mr. Plembeck's career at the library. Could be very interesting. This is not going away.
Morgan Butler wrote:
Karl Karcz

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Thank you Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma. Keep this questioning going on forever. It's good for the Town of New Hartford. It's certainly good for the New Hartford Library. The two of you are obviously obssessed with a very minor issue. Enjoy your summer boys! Try fishing! It's quite relaxing!
A poor NH Taxpayer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Karl Karcz wrote:
Thank you Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma. Keep this questioning going on forever. It's good for the Town of New Hartford. It's certainly good for the New Hartford Library. The two of you are obviously obssessed with a very minor issue. Enjoy your summer boys! Try fishing! It's quite relaxing!
I love it when people identify $16K is a minor issue. If so minor then make a donation of $16K to replace the money. That money would not be minor to me...
Jim Rudnik

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

The New Hartford Town Budget collects revenues of approximately $31,000,000. $16,000 is is .0005% of the Town budget. The population of the Town is 22,000. $16,000 costs each resident 73 cents or 15 cents per year for 5 years. That's how I define minor. The $16,000 is not coming out of your pocket only.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of102
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

266 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BREAKING: Minorities Commit Most Crimes in America 18 min Frank 2
3some 19 min Frankie Me 7
Observer Dispatch - CNY News For Stupid People 19 min Spraying Degreaser 81
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 20 min what 6,187
If my ex would take me back 20 min Hah 7
Very Low Flying Commercial Jet Today 21 min Spraying Degreaser 7
The Brindisi's make a threat 22 min Frankie Me 20
Oneida St Shooting 31 min Clifton Park 30
Official: Goodbye Comets 4 hr Prisons and Riggies 84
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
•••