Comments
21 - 40 of 102 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2013
Lerfer and Calumet

Utica, NY

#21 Jun 25, 2013
We still need answers here
Lerfer and Calumet wrote:
Last year Linda Romano told New Hartford she needed a million dollars a year or the library and as recently April this year states that:“We are in tough times now and I think that tough measures are called for."
Yet, when she pushed through the $16,000 parting gift to Hans Plembeck she could be heard agreeing that the money is not in the budget and that it is against Library policy. What gives? How can the library be in such dire straights that she will give away thousands of dollars she admits the library doesn't have? Is that responsible? Is this the kind of person we should entrust hundreds of thousands of taxpayer money to?
A Utica OD article dated April 17th of this year includes an interesting quote. The quote is the last sentence of the article and appears to relate to the financial situation and fundraising activities for the Library:
“We are in tough times now and I think that tough measures are called for,” Romano said.
Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/news/x848272291/Disagr ...
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x848272291/Disagr ...
Walter Bogdonavich

Utica, NY

#22 Jun 25, 2013
Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma have the answers. That's why they are on the board. We are highly confident they will be able to substantially reduce the budget while improving the overall operation of the library. That's what they promised. We know they will deliver.
Dennis

Utica, NY

#23 Jun 25, 2013
OK. Where are the answers?
Lerfer and Calumet

Utica, NY

#24 Jun 25, 2013
All of the personal attacks will not make this question go away. The Library Board of Trustees owes the people of New Hartford some answers. Its their money.

Last year Linda Romano told New Hartford she needed a million dollars a year or the library and as recently April this year states that:“We are in tough times now and I think that tough measures are called for."

Yet, when she pushed through the $16,000 parting gift to Hans Plembeck she could be heard agreeing that the money is not in the budget and that it is against Library policy. What gives? How can the library be in such dire straights that she will give away thousands of dollars she admits the library doesn't have? Is that responsible? Is this the kind of person we should entrust hundreds of thousands of taxpayer money to?

A Utica OD article dated April 17th of this year includes an interesting quote. The quote is the last sentence of the article and appears to relate to the financial situation and fundraising activities for the Library:

“We are in tough times now and I think that tough measures are called for,” Romano said.

Read more: http://www.uticaod.com/news/x848272291/Disagr ...
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x848272291/Disagr ...
Tired of It

New York, NY

#25 Jun 25, 2013
Walter Bogdonavich wrote:
Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma have the answers. That's why they are on the board. We are highly confident they will be able to substantially reduce the budget while improving the overall operation of the library. That's what they promised. We know they will deliver.
Even if they have the answers it appears they are the minority. As someone earlier identified they voted against spending $16K for Hans Plembeck but the majority voted to provide him a parting gift. I am confused how a Library who has identified they are having financial difficulties can afford this. I hope the town resolves all of the problems associated with the Library soon. I am tired of hearing all the negativity and at this point I hope the town stops funding the Library...
Jolene

Utica, NY

#26 Jun 25, 2013
Tired of It wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if they have the answers it appears they are the minority. As someone earlier identified they voted against spending $16K for Hans Plembeck but the majority voted to provide him a parting gift. I am confused how a Library who has identified they are having financial difficulties can afford this. I hope the town resolves all of the problems associated with the Library soon. I am tired of hearing all the negativity and at this point I hope the town stops funding the Library...
People it's a friggin library. This isn't life or death stuff here. Hundreds of topix posts and alot offs slinging over a library. Who cares?

Only people that do seem to care are Flemma and waitr who hope to make a name for themselves over all this so they can take over town Goverment someday. This is nothing but a stepping stone to a bigger spotlight. And god help us all if they get in higher positions of power. They wil have us all driving on dirt roads and cow paths. They simply want to turn the clock backwards on profess and development and want people to hero worship them. Beware of the people acting holier than thou for they are the devil in disguise.
Jan Williams

Utica, NY

#27 Jun 25, 2013
Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma will resolve the library's fiancial crisis in short order. Wiatr has extensive experience with the Department of Defense and Flemma spent may years with Halliburton. Look for them to increase revenues while substanially reducing expenses.
Jan Williams

Utica, NY

#28 Jun 25, 2013
I would take their loads for a five spot, oh boy's my lips are soft.
Saul Feinstein

Utica, NY

#29 Jun 25, 2013
Jolene wrote:
<quoted text>People it's a friggin library. This isn't life or death stuff here. Hundreds of topix posts and alot offs slinging over a library. Who cares?

Only people that do seem to care are Flemma and waitr who hope to make a name for themselves over all this so they can take over town Goverment someday. This is nothing but a stepping stone to a bigger spotlight. And god help us all if they get in higher positions of power. They wil have us all driving on dirt roads and cow paths. They simply want to turn the clock backwards on profess and development and want people to hero worship them. Beware of the people acting holier than thou for they are the devil in disguise.
They are my Heros and if elected I pray to drive my Jeep down dirt roads and cow paths. The future is looking up!
Tired of it

New York, NY

#30 Jun 25, 2013
Jolene wrote:
<quoted text>
People it's a friggin library. This isn't life or death stuff here. Hundreds of topix posts and alot offs slinging over a library. Who cares?
I agree it is only a library funded to the tune of $400K+ and they requested $1M but the taxpayers turned them down... Based on all the shenanigans identified in these posts I would personally eliminate their funding; heck it is only a library and others already exist. Too much taxpayer money is being used to fund it.... Close the doors and distribute the books and media to other local libraries. What advantage is there for New Hartford to have it's own public library in the first place. So what if the books and media are available elsewhere and someone has to drive 10 minutes to get the information (It's about 10 minutes to the Whitestown Library or Utica Library). Additionally, anyone can request a book within the Mid-York system from any library in the system. More and more localities are reducing taxes by consolidating services. Town of New Hartford, if you are reading these posts please consider eliminating their funding and consolidating the New Hartford Public Library with other local towns/libraries....
Why

Utica, NY

#31 Jun 25, 2013
Why should we consolidate ?

See this is the exact thinking that waitr will propose if we are all insane enough to elect him. There's always this idea of the good people of the town of nh have to do away with what they have to make it a better place. It's all Ed knows. Dismantle everything.
Tired of it

New York, NY

#32 Jun 25, 2013
Why wrote:
Why should we consolidate ?
See this is the exact thinking that waitr will propose if we are all insane enough to elect him. There's always this idea of the good people of the town of nh have to do away with what they have to make it a better place. It's all Ed knows. Dismantle everything.
I am not Ed or one of the other "insiders". I am just a disgruntled taxpayer tired of all of the bull. Really folks, it is only a Library and we have many others in the area. Is $400K (or $1M since it appears $400K is not enough) of NH taxpayer monies worth saving someone a 10 minute drive for the small percentage of NH residents who visit the library?
Michelle Turczyn

Utica, NY

#33 Jun 25, 2013
Closing the library is a great idea. Supervisor Patrick Tyksinski would like it because he could save $400,000. Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma would like it because they could move on to bigger and better cost saving projects; perhaps a war in Mali or an oil drilling project in Angola. And, the students in New Hartford would never have to read a book. A stellar idea. We always have the Library of Congress.
SREGGIN BOW TO OBAMA

Utica, NY

#34 Jun 25, 2013
Michelle Turczyn wrote:
Closing the library is a great idea. Supervisor Patrick Tyksinski would like it because he could save $400,000. Ed Wiatr and Ed Flemma would like it because they could move on to bigger and better cost saving projects; perhaps a war in Mali or an oil drilling project in Angola. And, the students in New Hartford would never have to read a book. A stellar idea. We always have the Library of Congress.
Thank ol goodness that obama force women an sreggin to gets a job or day starve to death.

NH not have books in school.
Lerfer and Calumet

Utica, NY

#35 Jun 26, 2013
The bottom line is the people of New Hartford deserve answers. Romano has tolds us repeatedly that the NH library is in financial trouble and she needs to double the budget. Yet, she pushed through a $16,000 gift to a retired Library director. This is money she admits the library does not have and its against the library's own rules and policy. Now, every employee will expect the same package. She is irresponcible with the money she has been entrusted.

OK library Trutees, lets hear some answers!
Why is this

Utica, NY

#36 Jun 26, 2013
The bottom line is the people of New Hartford deserve answers. Romano has tolds us repeatedly that the NH library is in financial trouble and she needs to double the budget. Yet, she pushed through a $16,000 gift to a retired Library director. This is money she admits the library does not have and its against the library's own rules and policy. Now, every employee will expect the same package. She is irresponcible with the money she has been entrusted.
OK library Trutees, lets hear some answers!
The bottom line is Ed and company know nothing but search and destroy. If someone else built something like the library or the town park or the police force or a great example is the 911 center we had...... He will wanna destroy its exhistance. Even against great reasons not to. He gives not one biscut for anyone or anything. Everything is cut back. Consolidate. Merge. Dismantle.(Our current 911 center now sucks. It's horrible and a big let down compared to what we had. Anyone that has had to use it knows. The delays are almost criminal. Ask the heads of emergency service agencies in the town.- not that Ed gives a flying fock about it.)

The problem with this theory and way of life with him is there is no research or reason beyond his idea of fiscal prudencey. Then meanwhile back in the real world the rest of us are negatively affected by these lack of services on an individual basis. Our quality of life in this town suffers as guys like him beam a smile ear to ear from there demented faces proud about taking apart a once great community. Ask this guy what positives he has to say about anyone. Ask him what is good about NH and living here. It will turn his stomach to even come up with one thing. There isn't a more negative person in the whole town.
Lerfer and Calumet

Utica, NY

#37 Jun 26, 2013
Sorry,the answer isn't "Ed made us do it". Let me repeat the question. This is about $16,000 in taxpayer money given away as a parting gift by a library that doesn't have the money to do it. Why? Why did Linda Romano push through this irresponsible action? That's the question, lets start hearing some answers.
Why is this wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is Ed and company know nothing but search and destroy. If someone else built something like the library or the town park or the police force or a great example is the 911 center we had...... He will wanna destroy its exhistance. Even against great reasons not to. He gives not one biscut for anyone or anything. Everything is cut back. Consolidate. Merge. Dismantle.(Our current 911 center now sucks. It's horrible and a big let down compared to what we had. Anyone that has had to use it knows. The delays are almost criminal. Ask the heads of emergency service agencies in the town.- not that Ed gives a flying fock about it.)
The problem with this theory and way of life with him is there is no research or reason beyond his idea of fiscal prudencey. Then meanwhile back in the real world the rest of us are negatively affected by these lack of services on an individual basis. Our quality of life in this town suffers as guys like him beam a smile ear to ear from there demented faces proud about taking apart a once great community. Ask this guy what positives he has to say about anyone. Ask him what is good about NH and living here. It will turn his stomach to even come up with one thing. There isn't a more negative person in the whole town.
George Milken

Utica, NY

#38 Jun 26, 2013
Hey Ed, The Town of New Hartford can afford $3000 a year for 5 years. You worked for the Department of Defense; notorious for waste. Real waste. Why didn't you do anything about that? Now you are RUINING a small Town library over peanuts? You really are crazy. What are you doing about the library in New York Mills? You are really an old, bitter man. I feel sorry for you.
Blackhawk fan

Hampton, VA

#39 Jun 26, 2013
I agree. Enough on Ed. Let's hear soem real answers on this $16,000 gift of taxpayer money made by a library that can't afford it.
Sorry,the answer isn't "Ed made us do it". Let me repeat the question. This is about $16,000 in taxpayer money given away as a parting gift by a library that doesn't have the money to do it. Why? Why did Linda Romano push through this irresponsible action? That's the question, lets start hearing some answers.
<quoted text>
Tired of it

New York, NY

#40 Jun 26, 2013
Michelle Turczyn wrote:
I beleive all NH Schools already have a library don't they???

If eliminated some level of the current funding could be better spent in the existing school libraries to improve access to books and other media. Inadvertantly, you bring up a good point. Providing better access and expanding holdings of books and media in New Hartford school libraries would benefit all of the children. The location of the current library is on a fairly busy street requiring parents to transport their children to the location (especially younger children). So if they need to transport children to the NH Public Library now, tranporting the children to another local library would not change much...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Oliveiras Vacation 9 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
Robert Oliveiras Debt 11 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 13 min Gym Teacher 276
Robert Junky Oliveira 13 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
Why Did the Columbia Close? 14 min Tamra 1
WHY cant I AFFORD LAND OR GET A JOB LIKE REAL M... 16 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
I need TO COLLECT BOBBYS JIZZ WITH MY FACE THEN... 16 min Billy Gorilly W 6
Was anybody actually at Fuel's men's room when ... 19 min curious 34
OC Family Court candies 34 min FC is open to public 31
Mark Butler admits no chip manufacturing plant due 37 min Dr Answer 10
NH 12 Year Old Sues NHCSD 1 hr money hungry 8
Jill WKTV 3 hr Reality Check 17
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000