News channel 2
Disappointed

Plattsburgh, NY

#1 Sep 16, 2012
Is it just me or is anybody else upset with the fact that they cover news and then never finish the story ? What's happening with the shooting of the proctor teacher in old forge ? Or the stabbing in taberg? I'm starting to get frustrate over it if your not going to update or continue covering the story don't start !!!! Not everybody cares about high school sports or gay guys in Sharon springs !!!! Do your job and report the news !!!
Mel Blanc

New Hartford, NY

#2 Sep 16, 2012
THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF CARTOON CHARACTERS!
jason smith

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Sep 16, 2012
@ dissappointed: you seem like a really smart guy. I mean wktv has all access to confidential police files and the Utica police station as well... They can just mosey on in the bull pen and look through computers and files and then report things that were not confirmed by officials. I'll give you some free advice... Learn common sense brother, a news outlet can only report the facts and the facts are given to them by officials. Would you like wktv to make something up to appease you? Or would you prefer to hear the facts. Think about it my friend.
Mel Blanc

New Hartford, NY

#5 Sep 16, 2012
jason smith wrote:
@ dissappointed: you seem like a really smart guy. I mean wktv has all access to confidential police files and the Utica police station as well... They can just mosey on in the bull pen and look through computers and files and then report things that were not confirmed by officials. I'll give you some free advice... Learn common sense brother, a news outlet can only report the facts and the facts are given to them by officials. Would you like wktv to make something up to appease you? Or would you prefer to hear the facts. Think about it my friend.
Heres a news fact for you. First, WKTV is the only morning attempt at local news(actually just reading the newspaper to us),but better than that,we have been watching the same news stories for 3 days now.
freebie the bean

South Butler, NY

#6 Sep 16, 2012
Here's another news fact...Jolene is putting on some serious poundage, but still sports a nice rack. And Hillary Lane, Lexi O'Conner, and Jill are still hot smokin' babes.
Haha

Enfield, CT

#7 Sep 16, 2012
They are jus proving they're in control lol gotta love "CNY Most Experienced News" team
utica resident

Baldwinsville, NY

#8 Sep 16, 2012
Why is a stabbing in Taberg or the murder in Old Forge of any concern to you unless you are somehow connected to the persons involved? Neither are events that with local or geo-political consequence.
freebie the bean

South Butler, NY

#9 Sep 16, 2012
Cannot, however, put Kristin Copeland in with these babes. She's too giddy when she talks and always cuts off Steve when its her turn to bark. Needs a new "doo", also. Totally unprofessional.
mediaman55

Enfield, CT

#10 Sep 16, 2012
It is a concern especially when it's in writing or at word of mouth, "stay with WKTV for more updates" but it's never truly continuing coverage smh
Charles Bronson

Watertown, NY

#11 Sep 16, 2012
All the media in this area is a joke! No one has the balls to actually do any INVESTIGATIVE reporting. It's much easier to simply regurgitate what they are told, without scratching the surface.

Precisely why Utica's dirty politics and "back room" deals have been so prevalent....for sooo long.
Lucy

Little Falls, NY

#12 Sep 16, 2012
Disappointed wrote:
Is it just me or is anybody else upset with the fact that they cover news and then never finish the story ? What's happening with the shooting of the proctor teacher in old forge ? Or the stabbing in taberg? I'm starting to get frustrate over it if your not going to update or continue covering the story don't start !!!! Not everybody cares about high school sports or gay guys in Sharon springs !!!! Do your job and report the news !!!
You hit the nail right on the head. Why even bother with their breaking news when they do not have the whole story or even follow up with it. Take those two in the morning off the air. I know what time it is I do not have to be told every 5 minutes.
Mel Blanc

New Hartford, NY

#14 Sep 16, 2012
The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucy, I hope you and your family lose your jobs and fall on hard times because I feel you're just not good enough in my view. I hope you find it hard to put food on the table and difficult to pay your monthly bills. And when going thru that hardship, I also hope you feel worthless within yourself because you can't meet the basics in life to be happy and maintain a healthy lifestyle. That's what happens to people when they lose their job, and that's what you're wishing on them. Very shameful!!!!
Im not sure which member of WKTV staff you are ,but dont get angry and feel sorry for yourselves because your viewers think you are aweful. Stand yourself up,and if you are going to claim your the most experienced team, vow to improve and deliver what viewers expect. You need to earn respect as professionals,dont just expect it, because your the only game in town.
Mel Blanc

New Hartford, NY

#16 Sep 16, 2012
The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one of the news-team, I'm just a guy that chooses to think differently than most. I don't expect perfection from people, in fact, a lack of, puts the human in them which we all are.
Perfection? How about professionally investigated journalism,noone expects ,the Today Show. Your statement just solidifies the fact you are a WKTV employee,and believe it is exceptable to do very little to give us the news we expect,and every one in the viewing area should settle for it. Stop kidding yourself.
Lucy

Little Falls, NY

#17 Sep 16, 2012
The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucy, I hope you and your family lose your jobs and fall on hard times because I feel you're just not good enough in my view. I hope you find it hard to put food on the table and difficult to pay your monthly bills. And when going thru that hardship, I also hope you feel worthless within yourself because you can't meet the basics in life to be happy and maintain a healthy lifestyle. That's what happens to people when they lose their job, and that's what you're wishing on them. Very shameful!!!!
I have a job, I have food on the table, and I have money in the bank. They do not belong on TV.
Whispers from the past

New Hartford, NY

#18 Sep 16, 2012
The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
And your not ashamed of the fact that you could be curl enough to wish that on someone. Maybe you should be. I wouldnt wish that anyone would lose there job.
Whispers from the past

New Hartford, NY

#19 Sep 16, 2012
Check out WKTV Jenel Boston on this site.
DKP

Utica, NY

#22 Sep 16, 2012
It happened three days before Christmas. Police say 58-year-old Herbert Koestner brought the computer to the Best Buy on Commercial Drive in New Hartford.

The laptop was seized and forensically examined.

Numerous images were then found on the computer that depicted children under the age of sixteen of varying age engaged in varied types of sexual acts.

Koestner is charged with a felony count of Possessing a Sexual Performance By a Child.

Koestner was arraigned in Town of New Hartford Court and was released to the representation of his attorney. He is scheduled to appear in court at a later date.

Herbert Koestner, 58, dropped off his computer for service. Police say his laptop contained “numerous images” of children of varying ages under the age of 16 involved in sex acts.
hank hill

United States

#25 Sep 16, 2012
i farted a wet one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kennedy plaza 12 min linc 4
Whitesboro Fire Department 4 hr ocallap 54
A third term for Obama 6 hr whyohwhy 35
breaking news: chip fab for marcy 6 hr Zak 6
Any recommendations for a travel agency? 10 hr GHR 5
fly a drone in my backyard 12 hr Breaking Balls Ha... 5
TOPIX is boring 12 hr nut-sack 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages