Cayo Industrial Horror Attraction Ope...

Cayo Industrial Horror Attraction Open Now in Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Utica, NY

#1 Oct 14, 2008
Cayo Industrial Horror, formerly located at the old historic jail in Herkimer, is now located and open now in Utica, NY on 811 Broad St. This event is displayed as a theatrical museum, haunted attraction style event, with subliminal meanings, artistic vision, mass destructing the world of human nature.

Please visit www.cayoindustrial.com for further info.

October 2-5, 9-13,16-19,23-26, 28-31 Nov 1

6:30PM-10:30PM

$10 admission ($9 with can of pet food)
Buried Alive in Utica

Clinton, NY

#2 Oct 16, 2008
The place is a fire trap and the Fire Inspector should investigate the place before people die if it catches fire. The place has been an abandoned old industrial building and is a horrific accident waiting to happen to innocent people.
you suck

Liverpool, NY

#3 Oct 16, 2008
Buried Alive in Utica wrote:
The place is a fire trap and the Fire Inspector should investigate the place before people die if it catches fire. The place has been an abandoned old industrial building and is a horrific accident waiting to happen to innocent people.
I'll take my chances. Anyone been to this thing yet?
Scared

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 16, 2008
I've been to it, and I've also been to the one in New Hartford Shopping center. The New Hartford one is WAY scarier.

Level 1

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 16, 2008
Buried Alive in Utica wrote:
Coming from the creator, I had to go through extensive inspections on inspections to grant occupancy and a special permit for the usage. I also went beyond their requirements by spraying all the walls with a Class A fire retardant spray and emergency exits located throughout the venue, not to mention fire alarm system, sprinklers, low level exit signs, and additional exits. For the scare factor, I base horror on my own personal projections, I do this event as a passion and artform, so this is an event with creative set design and thought provoking imagery, as well as scare factor, but if anyone likes cheesy events with Scream masks, coffins, black lights, and people jumping out as their main scare factor, then there are other events elsewhere that contain that as well. Thanks for everyone who came to Cayo Industrial Horror for the past six years! Check out www.cayoindustrial.com for the horror event of Central New York.

Herkimer

#8 Oct 17, 2008
As someone who's been to quite a few "haunted houses/hayrides/whatever" I can honestly and genuinely say that this event is the most disturbing and scary event of the Halloween season. I usually go with a group of co-workers and friends and itís the highlight of our Halloween season. Its like walking through hell. Its awesome. Its absolutely worth the 4 hour drive and it's the best event of its kind for at least that far.
sick

Utica, NY

#9 Oct 17, 2008
Scared wrote:
I've been to it, and I've also been to the one in New Hartford Shopping center. The New Hartford one is WAY scarier.
the one in NHSC sucks !! if u put 3 tractor trailors together to make a T shape & u call this scary No way !! Broad St way better 4 ten bucks... Tell that freak to go back to Hollyrock..
Iccabod Crane

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2008
Its garbage. I wasted my money even with the pet food discount.
Cindy

AOL

#11 Oct 17, 2008
Josh does an excellent job. The event he staged at the old jail in Herkimer last year was awesome. Very creative, terrifying--scarily realistic. A nightmare..but in a good way!
big daddy

Manlius, NY

#12 Oct 17, 2008
Disturbing,very creepy,scary
VincentPrice

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Oct 17, 2008
The one in NHSC is ameteurish at best. Josh is very talented, like a Hollywood movie set designer. Don't waste your money at Ron Mexico's place at the NHSC. Absolutely no comparison!
last night

Fishers, NY

#14 Oct 18, 2008
All I have to say is that I went last night to Cayo, THANK YOU it was GREAT.
kelly

Westernville, NY

#15 Oct 19, 2008
haunte house on broad st was CRAZY . cant wait to go back again
Scared

Sherrill, NY

#16 Oct 20, 2008
VincentPrice wrote:
The one in NHSC is ameteurish at best. Josh is very talented, like a Hollywood movie set designer. Don't waste your money at Ron Mexico's place at the NHSC. Absolutely no comparison!
Amateurish? You have got to be kidding. It was way scarier and creepier than the Broad St. one. The Broad St. one has great set designs and is definitely something to see, but it doesn't have the creepy factor that many people want when they go to a haunted house.

If you want elaborate set designs, by all means go to Broad St. But if you are looking for a true haunted house with the scary-creepy factor that will leave you running out and heading straight to your car and locking the doors behind you, go to New Hartford Shopping Center.
kitty

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2008
i'm not sure which one to go to...i went on the cayo website and it looks pretty cool but i'm more into "dead people" scary...any recommendations from someone who has been to both ?
VincentPrice

Henderson, NV

#18 Oct 20, 2008
Ok Ron, you're entitled to your own opinion!
Scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Amateurish? You have got to be kidding. It was way scarier and creepier than the Broad St. one. The Broad St. one has great set designs and is definitely something to see, but it doesn't have the creepy factor that many people want when they go to a haunted house.
If you want elaborate set designs, by all means go to Broad St. But if you are looking for a true haunted house with the scary-creepy factor that will leave you running out and heading straight to your car and locking the doors behind you, go to New Hartford Shopping Center.
VincentPrice

Henderson, NV

#19 Oct 20, 2008
No comparison...Cayo is the best!
kitty wrote:
i'm not sure which one to go to...i went on the cayo website and it looks pretty cool but i'm more into "dead people" scary...any recommendations from someone who has been to both ?

“I um...um...um...u m...um...”

Since: Jun 08

Rome NY

#21 Oct 20, 2008
Um, I don't get it? I went to both. All the people dressed up in scary costumes ran from me. I thought they we're supposed to make you run. Um, I just don't get it?
kitty

United States

#22 Oct 20, 2008
Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
your ass is haunted and scary as hell
simmer down
kitty

United States

#23 Oct 20, 2008
VincentPrice wrote:
No comparison...Cayo is the best!
<quoted text>
ok...i'm going this weekend...i'll let you know what i think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cover up at OCJ 16 min Undersheriff 4
mariopass HOMOSEXUAL VOICE ON KEELER CRYING UPD 16 min FEM VOICE MarioPu... 18
will ]\[lGGERS GET OFF TAXPAYER BACKS THEN THERES 17 min FEM VOICE MarioPu... 21
Family court race 21 min Lost my vote today 37
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL! 22 min Failure in the DNA 10
Will Utica Comets EVER get off taxpayer welfare? 23 min Please 41
Paul Deeps new commercial 24 min Sammie 5
VertuccI/Hanna fued 1 hr TRANS VOICE 59
Prostitution bust 2 hr your mother 81
Adam musyt 3 hr King 6
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 10 hr King 747

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages