Oneida County 911
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OCV Fireman

White Plains, NY

#23 Feb 9, 2014
The OC 911 center is worthless. Their dispatchers are lazy. its like it takes effort for them to answer the radio. And good luck getting any of them to put the pizza down for 15 seconds to make a call to national grid. I hear the pd side is horendous too!.
OCV Fireman

White Plains, NY

#24 Feb 9, 2014
Between their arrogant demeanor over the radio, to their laziness and outright incompetance is reason enough for their to be a "revamp" of the system there.
Yea But

Rome, NY

#25 Feb 9, 2014
I understand "learning the ropes" - But what do you tell someone who gets hurt because they are still trying to figure it out? Just ask Wyman about "learning the ropes".
Lawman wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about the situation for a minute. Many of the experienced dispatchers are no longer there. The ones that are there are training new people. Get it "new people" in training that have not done that type of work before. Granted there are some issues but they deserve a chance to get in the groove. Do you think all the experienced dispatchers were born that way. No, they all had to learn the job just like the new people. There is no training camp where they will come out super dispatchers. New Police Officers have to learn the ropes as we all know, you learn with hands on experience not just from an academy. It is unfortunate that some instances do take place which are not conducive to safe activity but unfortunately it is what it is. Bashing the dispatchers is not the answer or proper conduct. Give them a chance to get in the groove of things. Instead of bashing them call the supervisor on duty and point out the problem with a possible remedy. Help them to help you. We are all out here for the same thing and need to work together to triumph over evil and assist those who need service. To all the men and women out there in our field and other divisions of public safety, have a safe tour and remember when all else fails Jesus is at our side. Who could be a better partner than him!
Lawman

Herkimer, NY

#26 Feb 10, 2014
Yea But wrote:
I understand "learning the ropes" - But what do you tell someone who gets hurt because they are still trying to figure it out? Just ask Wyman about "learning the ropes".
<quoted text>
That had nothing to do with the 911 center God rest that poor boys soul. Every cop measures their call not only by dispatch advisory but by his own evaluation. Say perhaps the 911 center is not given the proper or false information. The responding officer should be on guard and prepared for unforeseen action and circumstances. A simple traffic stop could end in tragedy is that to the fault of the 911 center? The officers on the street are aware of inadequacies during training of dispatchers and gauge their approach accordingly. The general public often thinks something big went down because they saw several cars together at incidents or traffic stops. Truth be told officers are checking on each other to make sure they are ok. They know what the deal is on the street and at calls and it is common place. Most patrol units in the greater Utica area are one person cars except for a few in Utica and the State Police on the night shift. Any call or traffic stop could become a dangerous situation in seconds. That's the main reason patrol cars have AVL'S or to the common man a tracking device should trouble arise and an officer needs help the 911 center has their exact location. A few departments have refused to put them in the cars because they do not want to be tracked. Do you think that is smart? A tool as such refused when it cost the departments nothing. A tool that could save an officer from injury or worse. Perhaps they could only get out a distress call with no location broadcast just a car number. How will help find those officers. Not safety minded Chief's would be my best call on that. Everyone makes mistakes we just have to keep the faith and understand the 911 center is on our side. The bigger question that has arisen is regarding seasoned dispatchers leaving for dispatch jobs elsewhere. Why is this happening? That's what needs to be looked into. Safe shift to all in public safety, keep your heads down, powder dry, and God speed you home to family at end of tour.
T D Millner

Syracuse, NY

#27 Feb 10, 2014
Lawman wrote:
<quoted text>
That had nothing to do with the 911 center God rest that poor boys soul. Every cop measures their call not only by dispatch advisory but by his own evaluation. Say perhaps the 911 center is not given the proper or false information. The responding officer should be on guard and prepared for unforeseen action and circumstances. A simple traffic stop could end in tragedy is that to the fault of the 911 center? The officers on the street are aware of inadequacies during training of dispatchers and gauge their approach accordingly. The general public often thinks something big went down because they saw several cars together at incidents or traffic stops. Truth be told officers are checking on each other to make sure they are ok. They know what the deal is on the street and at calls and it is common place. Most patrol units in the greater Utica area are one person cars except for a few in Utica and the State Police on the night shift. Any call or traffic stop could become a dangerous situation in seconds. That's the main reason patrol cars have AVL'S or to the common man a tracking device should trouble arise and an officer needs help the 911 center has their exact location. A few departments have refused to put them in the cars because they do not want to be tracked. Do you think that is smart? A tool as such refused when it cost the departments nothing. A tool that could save an officer from injury or worse. Perhaps they could only get out a distress call with no location broadcast just a car number. How will help find those officers. Not safety minded Chief's would be my best call on that. Everyone makes mistakes we just have to keep the faith and understand the 911 center is on our side. The bigger question that has arisen is regarding seasoned dispatchers leaving for dispatch jobs elsewhere. Why is this happening? That's what needs to be looked into. Safe shift to all in public safety, keep your heads down, powder dry, and God speed you home to family at end of tour.
i'll tell you exactly why all the seasoned dispatchers are leaving. and his name is kevin revere!! he has pushed or fired all the good ones out the doors!! OC personnel dept is questioning why the 911 center has gone through over 40 dispatchers in a 6 month period?? come on. your first clue would be revere. why don't they get rid of him. now he's hiring "personal" friends to take over EMS services? kevin is a joke, a cheater, liar, has no clue how to manage. his "training person" couldn't train a dog, she failed and took the wrong test but she is still in that position. ummm wonder why the new dispatchers only last less then a month. hopefully kevin keeps getting sued and he will get fired!
Lawman

Herkimer, NY

#28 Feb 10, 2014
I had the answer before I posted but in the best interest of 911 I chose only to defend the dispatchers. Some outside higher authority needs to check into this matter. Perhaps there is such an authority outside the circle that can help. I was although unaware of civil suits that have been filed. Any chance you could elaborate on them without showing the full hand? Suits of such nature cost the county piggy bank much coin. This should not be tolerated by the taxpayers or better yet, those we elected to run our government in a proper fashion. Stay safe and keep the faith.
Watching it all

Potsdam, NY

#29 Feb 10, 2014
Lawman wrote:
I had the answer before I posted but in the best interest of 911 I chose only to defend the dispatchers. Some outside higher authority needs to check into this matter. Perhaps there is such an authority outside the circle that can help. I was although unaware of civil suits that have been filed. Any chance you could elaborate on them without showing the full hand? Suits of such nature cost the county piggy bank much coin. This should not be tolerated by the taxpayers or better yet, those we elected to run our government in a proper fashion. Stay safe and keep the faith.
Defending the dispatchers is warranted; they only want to do a good job and they appear to be hampered by inept leadership. I'd also like to be enlightened about any pending civil suits involving Kevin Revere. It's unfortunate our local newspaper, the Utica Observer-Disgrace, is unwilling to perform any investigative journalism.

Issues with Kevin reach back before his days at the Child Advocacy Center. He's only interested in getting into the pants of as many coworkers as possible (had many affairs). Revere's replacement at the CAC, Pat O'Connor, was tossed shortly after promotion when a BS complaint was made against him by a female coworker. Pat was railroaded. Where was similar oversight when Kevin was running things and running around with his zipper down? There was none. Where was DA Scott McNamara? Asleep at the wheel, as usual.

Another major problem is the all-too-tight relationship between Kevin Revere and Tony Picente. Those two goons are in lock step to cost the taxpayers of this County every dime they can get their grubby hands on for the empty promise of grandiose services. This was demonstrated with the attempt to impose a local (county) tax on cellular phones in addition to the tax already imposed and collected by the State. Double dipping at its best! Thank Heaven that catastrophe was avoided but I'm confident Kevin and Tony lay awake at night dreaming of additional ways to bleed the taxpayers of Oneida County.

There's more. Much more.
well

New Hartford, NY

#30 Feb 10, 2014
Affairs with who?
Lawman

Herkimer, NY

#31 Feb 11, 2014
Watching it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Defending the dispatchers is warranted; they only want to do a good job and they appear to be hampered by inept leadership. I'd also like to be enlightened about any pending civil suits involving Kevin Revere. It's unfortunate our local newspaper, the Utica Observer-Disgrace, is unwilling to perform any investigative journalism.
Issues with Kevin reach back before his days at the Child Advocacy Center. He's only interested in getting into the pants of as many coworkers as possible (had many affairs). Revere's replacement at the CAC, Pat O'Connor, was tossed shortly after promotion when a BS complaint was made against him by a female coworker. Pat was railroaded. Where was similar oversight when Kevin was running things and running around with his zipper down? There was none. Where was DA Scott McNamara? Asleep at the wheel, as usual.
Another major problem is the all-too-tight relationship between Kevin Revere and Tony Picente. Those two goons are in lock step to cost the taxpayers of this County every dime they can get their grubby hands on for the empty promise of grandiose services. This was demonstrated with the attempt to impose a local (county) tax on cellular phones in addition to the tax already imposed and collected by the State. Double dipping at its best! Thank Heaven that catastrophe was avoided but I'm confident Kevin and Tony lay awake at night dreaming of additional ways to bleed the taxpayers of Oneida County.
There's more. Much more.
Your points are surely valid and I applaud your common sense approach with one exception. I do not believe Pat O'Connor was railroaded. I have knowledge of many of his exploits and believe it was a valid dismissal. I understand he is going to run for Mayor of Whitesboro and I can only hope his arrogant negativity towards others and his factual short comings are presented to the public. But enough about him and back to the topic at hand. If by all accounts the information presented is factual a higher authority needs to get involved to investigate the allegations and have the ability to remedy the problems that are so fourth presented. What authority that would be I do not know. I would urge those involved to seek a remedy as they have first hand knowledge of the incidents as they are presented. I wish them Good luck and a safe and pleasant shift.
Joe Jones

Herkimer, NY

#32 Feb 12, 2014
The roads are clear and I am Big Wheeling in like mad. I got a new horn free from the dispatchers association. I am working on black boots like a cycle cop and hope to have them by summer. Hopefully uncle Kevin will put it in the budget for a new Big Wheel for me. Plastic wheels wear out fast.
Douchebaggery

Carthage, NY

#33 Feb 21, 2014
that picente commercial and that voice make me wanna hurl my lunch across the Zenith .. revere. gag. picante! roalf!
Joe Jones

Herkimer, NY

#34 Feb 21, 2014
Well I am going to sue I have had enough. Just look at me, bags under my eyes, I shake constantly, I am unable to sleep or eat and all my hair fell out. If that's not stress related I don't know what is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica coffee what do you think of them 1 min BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 20
Whos the Welfare HORE MOLLY DEVIN 3 min Cross Dresser 5
How's UPD drunk John Abel doing? 3 min BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA 5
Ex UPD cop Thad Kaczor gets BUTTSHAFTED on Keeler! 6 min HEY KING 27
Where's Roann Hiding? 7 min sick of it 28
Who was at hotel party when alex torres was jum... (Jan '16) 12 min Justice for alex 16
African MOTHERBOARD PARTS ZERO ZERO ZERO WORKST... 17 min bat chip 43
Nano Uodate 57 min Bill 137
Cuomo: Expect Nano Delays 2 hr Glad to help 49
TRUMP looked so stupid. 2 hr So sad 52
Utica Phoenix expose Kids Oneida (May '11) 3 hr Wonderlick 114

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages