Support Utica Roasting Co.

Support Utica Roasting Co.

Posted in the Utica Forum

educated adault

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Apr 19, 2013
i agree with the business owners struggling to make a go of it in downtown utica. they have put alot of time effort and money into that block to try and revive it even though it is clearly an up hill battle. hats off to you for trying so hard bravo. the last thing that block needs is another catch-all for bums, crackheads, and sex offenders that litter so much of our poverty stricken city. anybody that believes the organization will only feed hungry vets is a godam FOOL. it will receive donatuions in the name of non profit so it doesnt have to contribute to the tax base while the dirctors will likely fill their pockets with the revenues. same old utica, ny liberal bullshit scamm and thats the hard truth
well stated

Whitesboro, NY

#2 Apr 19, 2013
i agree completly. enough of the non profits in utica! put one in whitesboro or new hartford. none of the residens would allow it because of the filth and human scum that follow. utica cannot take anymore of these outfits
wrong

New York, NY

#3 Apr 19, 2013
well stated wrote:
i agree completly. enough of the non profits in utica! put one in whitesboro or new hartford. none of the residens would allow it because of the filth and human scum that follow. utica cannot take anymore of these outfits
Meanwhile you ignore the fact that a non profit already exists on that block in the very building debated upon. This isn't about non-profits so lets forget the strawman noise on that.
appreciated

Troy, NY

#4 Apr 19, 2013
It is about nfp when there is a duplicate nfp, just up the street from the proposed new one. Utica has enough nfp. There is no need to start duplicating services. Consolidation is the best bet for all involved. Do we really need two vet food pantriesand a food bank all within a hop skip an jump from each other? I personally think not.
god talking

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Apr 19, 2013
support the baggs square businsses.com merce in downtown utica is nearly extinct. theres a full saturation of chaities in that area already. Move someplace else give people a chance to earn a living and do business
god talking

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Apr 19, 2013
i dont know whats wrong with this site. but i wrote comerce in utica is nearly extinct. support those busnesses
wrong

New York, NY

#7 Apr 19, 2013
appreciated wrote:
It is about nfp when there is a duplicate nfp, just up the street from the proposed new one. Utica has enough nfp. There is no need to start duplicating services. Consolidation is the best bet for all involved. Do we really need two vet food pantriesand a food bank all within a hop skip an jump from each other? I personally think not.
It is not a proposed new one as the Feed Our Vets already exists. And it is not anything new as far as an NFP for that building up for sale as the current owner, the Boilermaker, IS an NFP. Stop with the straw arguments. You know it is all side noise to the real issue. Not you nor anybody else raised ANY issues about a duplicate Vet NFP until NOW. Where was all this concern about Feed Our Vets for the last few years they've been around? Try answering that.

There already exists a coffee business almost across the street from Elias'. Duplicate service and we don't need two. One should consolidate with the other.
utica needs tax dllars

Whitesboro, NY

#8 Apr 19, 2013
Use our brains people..more commerce and less charities = more employed vets and less hungry drug addicts
wrong

New York, NY

#9 Apr 19, 2013
utica needs tax dllars wrote:
Use our brains people..more commerce and less charities = more employed vets and less hungry drug addicts
Except there isn't a new charity being started. Its an already existing one looking to buy property from another already existing non-taxed organization. As far as the taxpayers are concerned, its a non issue because no properties are coming off the tax rolls.
appreciated

Troy, NY

#10 Apr 19, 2013
Use your brain...they are different businesses first of all...one is a lunch place, one is a roasting company. Anyway, that doesn't matter. They are both businesses, employing people, paying taxes, and reviving our depressed down town. if you don't see the difference in that, well....
tailor and cook are good

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Apr 19, 2013
they are a nice couple. kind people working hard in a rotten area trying to make it better. i used to own a business 100 yards from the rescue mission on Rutger St. it was a daily nightmare trying to keep sex offenders and addicts from blocking my front door and asking my customers for handouts or worse. i was sure a woman was going to get attacked. it only took 5 months before felix valasquez jumped my fiancee who fought him off before he was arrested. give those businesses a break and find another location for the handouts
wrong

New York, NY

#12 Apr 19, 2013
appreciated wrote:
Use your brain...they are different businesses first of all...one is a lunch place, one is a roasting company. Anyway, that doesn't matter. They are both businesses, employing people, paying taxes, and reviving our depressed down town. if you don't see the difference in that, well....
They both cater to the same clientele thus both businesses should consolidate. BTW, have you actually seen any of their tax returns to make the bold claim they pay taxes?
utica roasting is good

Whitesboro, NY

#13 Apr 19, 2013
i love a good cup of joe. i do not like beggars
Iraq for 17 months

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Apr 19, 2013
i support and respect the notion that it is a poor choice in terms of location for the charity. there is an abundance of cheap real estate in utica for the hungry vets program to exist. it shouldnt be located on the only street in the whole of downtown that is trying to develop and generate new commerce
tailor-cook are hippies

Whitesboro, NY

#15 Apr 19, 2013
they are my generous friends and definately not against charity in any way. however i do beleve it would hurt their chances at success if the hungry vets operated next door. they should go elsewhere and give baggs sq a little breathing room and a chance at development and sucesss
realy

Carthage, NY

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Thank you for putting up this topic. THis is a good local buisness. THey should not be looked down upon because people take comments and twist them around and exageate them. Lets support our local buisness and hope they spur more buisnesses downtown
they live

Farmington, CT

#17 Apr 19, 2013
id rather drink a cup of strained dishwater than what hes pushing as coffee.
roasting good joe

Whitesboro, NY

#18 Apr 19, 2013
mmmm i likey the robusto sooo good
Dan

Utica, NY

#19 Apr 19, 2013
Hes an azzhole, screw him and his business. I will never go there again or ever buy his products or support the business's that sell his products.
Frank s a jerk

Blossvale, NY

#20 Apr 19, 2013
NEVER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops Speeding 14 min PBA REP 25
Claudia chickens out 21 min Trump 2020 18
dari del vs stewarts utica ny 33 min well 4
Utica Cop Block 49 min well 7
Name shitty COPS 56 min come on 9
George Flange 1 hr max 29
Christy Thomas has herpes. Who else knows this? 1 hr Not surprised 1
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 2 hr Intelligence 118
UPD Super Bowl 8 hr PainKiller 47

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages