What happened to Charlestown Outlet?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Laura

Oswego, NY

#1 Apr 15, 2009
I Remember Charlestown from living in Utica in the 80's. What's become of that old Remington Arms factory? What's in there now? Anything?
Beanz

Stony Brook, NY

#2 Apr 15, 2009
I think it caved in....lol!
Knucks

United States

#3 Apr 15, 2009
It went the way of the Utica Boat. sorry.
Gimme A Break

AOL

#4 Apr 15, 2009
OD claims owners are gonna turn it into senior apts. Ok. At a cost of how much?!!!
aside

New York, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2009
What part are they going to turn into old lady apartments? the part that caved in or the bosnian shoot em up bar. Just another typical utica project. can you spell lawyer when the roof of that place caves in on 30 grandmothers on easter sunday....or when one falls into the toxic pond in the center.....
pffft

United States

#6 Apr 16, 2009
Laura wrote:
I Remember Charlestown from living in Utica in the 80's. What's become of that old Remington Arms factory? What's in there now? Anything?
I believe you mean it used to be Savage Arms during WWII.
PEZ GOLF

Saranac Lake, NY

#7 Apr 16, 2009
pffft wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mean it used to be Savage Arms during WWII.
You are right. The Remington Arms was and is in Ilion. In fact, they bought up the property from Univac to create a large parking lot for employees and use the other old Univac plant for the manufacture of guns. Univac Plant #3 on the North side of the Village is owned by a LLC that used the 4 story building for Duofold, but is empty now. The good news is that I am working with developers to turn that 15 acres into "Ilion's Remington Plaza" with a meat market store, 2 screen cinema (like the one in Little Falls), a locally owned Steak House, a women's shoe store, professional office space, a Youth Center, and new buildings for high tech or call centers.
F responder

Middleport, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2009
PEZ GOLF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. The Remington Arms was and is in Ilion. In fact, they bought up the property from Univac to create a large parking lot for employees and use the other old Univac plant for the manufacture of guns. Univac Plant #3 on the North side of the Village is owned by a LLC that used the 4 story building for Duofold, but is empty now. The good news is that I am working with developers to turn that 15 acres into "Ilion's Remington Plaza" with a meat market store, 2 screen cinema (like the one in Little Falls), a locally owned Steak House, a women's shoe store, professional office space, a Youth Center, and new buildings for high tech or call centers.
Good mourning Mr. P...
I love you're comments and hope the topix's
slander monster leaves you alone...

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Jun 19, 2014
PEZ GOLF wrote:
<quoted text>
When does it open?

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Jun 19, 2014
Utica Positivity Brigade wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD QUESTION!!!
Let's wait for PEZ HEAD'S ANSWER!:-D I mean, we've already been waiting for 5 years... what's another 30?
What's comical is they were throwing the term "high tech" around five years ago and they're still waiting for those super duper "high tech" thing a ma jigs to come and save them!

You truly can't make this stuff up. Lol!

Clifton Park, NY

#13 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Even funnier... the only "high tech" this region would see is that UNIVAC plant.
True. Lol!
Walter Kovacs

Frankfort, NY

#14 Jun 21, 2014
What's even funnier is you bringing up threads that died. 5 years ago so you can agree with yourself!
Utica Positivity Brigade

Utica, NY

#16 Jun 21, 2014
Walter Kovacs wrote:
What's even funnier is you bringing up threads that died. 5 years ago so you can agree with yourself!
I'm definitely not Riggies... And we went over this [the purpose of reviving old threads] already.

He's teaching Utica a lesson... apparently a lesson that it hasn't yet been learned during the past (at least) 5 years. These threads are far from dead. If Utica keeps doing what it's doing (relying on "poisitive thinking" for more jobs and lower taxes) these threads will be immortal.

People have come and gone and passed through this town and gave their honest, unbiased, and balanced opinions of Utica. They've also given constructive criticisms. And nobody here listened. I personally think it's a good idea to bring them up again. And again. And again... Maybe Utica can learn through repetition? We'll have to see.

The only way that these threads can REALLY "die" are when the criticisms in the thread are not valid anymore.

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Jun 21, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm definitely not Riggies... And we went over this [the purpose of reviving old threads] already.
He's teaching Utica a lesson... apparently a lesson that it hasn't yet been learned during the past (at least) 5 years. These threads are far from dead. If Utica keeps doing what it's doing (relying on "poisitive thinking" for more jobs and lower taxes) these threads will be immortal.
People have come and gone and passed through this town and gave their honest, unbiased, and balanced opinions of Utica. They've also given constructive criticisms. And nobody here listened. I personally think it's a good idea to bring them up again. And again. And again... Maybe Utica can learn through repetition? We'll have to see.
The only way that these threads can REALLY "die" are when the criticisms in the thread are not valid anymore.
I find it fascinating that the same things were being said five years ago that is being said there today and yet the region is even worse than it was then and still sliding.
Wow

Rome, NY

#18 Jun 21, 2014
You people think that only Lowly Utica is going thru hard times.......Well because you never leave this area so you wouldn't know about other cities going thru the same problems and worse!! Damm I know this is the Utica forum but WTF LOOK AROUND PEOPLE!!
Walter Kovacs

Ashburn, VA

#19 Jun 22, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it fascinating that the same things were being said five years ago that is being said there today and yet the region is even worse than it was then and still sliding.
Why? What difference does it make to you? Is your other life so miserable that being "right" on the internet is the only validation of your existence? Sure seems like it. We all know you're really living the good life, and being an internet tough guy is not really how you spend your days....though the more you reply, the more obvious it really is.
Utica is stuck

Smithfield, RI

#20 Jun 22, 2014
Walter Kovacs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? What difference does it make to you? Is your other life so miserable that being "right" on the internet is the only validation of your existence? Sure seems like it. We all know you're really living the good life, and being an internet tough guy is not really how you spend your days....though the more you reply, the more obvious it really is.
How ignorant are you? So when someone speaks out the more they reply is a negative? Oh my goodness you're dumb.
joe

Utica, NY

#21 Jun 22, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
its sliding because of trash like you moved in
Unbelievable

Utica, NY

#23 Jun 22, 2014
Utica is stuck wrote:
<quoted text>
How ignorant are you? So when someone speaks out the more they reply is a negative? Oh my goodness you're dumb.
The person was commenting on the frequency of this person's same monotonous rants, his constant posts to topics unrelated to his posts, his attacks on people based on their location, and his demeaning of anyone from this area as well as outlying areas. Yes, they are all negative, and based on his perception. If you had read some of them before you called them "ignorant" and "dumb", you would what they were referring too.
Utica Positivity Brigade

Utica, NY

#25 Jun 22, 2014
Wow wrote:
You people think that only Lowly Utica is going thru hard times.......Well because you never leave this area so you wouldn't know about other cities going thru the same problems and worse!! Damm I know this is the Utica forum but WTF LOOK AROUND PEOPLE!!
Wow. You're not exactly visiting the right cities, are you? hahaha...
There's a reason why Central NYers (specifically from the Mohawk Valley) are flocking to North Carolina like mad... Charlotte turned itself around in the past 4 years, and Raleigh has always been doing well.

Sure there are cities that are doing "worse" but only in certain areas, while doing MUCH better in others. I remember someone saying, "I visited Elmira and it wasn't any better than Utica." Well, DUH. Visit a city that's doing mediocre or well.(especially outside of NY!) Heck, even Las Vegas has a down economy, but they're still MUCH better off than Utica!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WKTV morning weather 8 min Frustrated2 2
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 12 min Joe 220
Mega Local mooch 19 min System cheat 3
Limescale film on clear shower doors. (May '13) 1 hr cleanhelp 27
Utica Is The Second Best 3 hr Eyes On The Prize 3
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 3 hr Harry Daniels 8
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 6 hr Honest Babe 1,993
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE