D'Onofrio get $28,000 from EDGE

D'Onofrio get $28,000 from EDGE

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DOnofrio

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 13, 2010
MV EDGE announced a $28,000 loan for Solo Scientific, the maker of the Aurora Fire Starter. The company is owned by Andrew Putrello of Utica. The product is great, but they make no mention of County Legislator and for longtime Majority Leader, James D'Onofrio being a silent partner in the company. He funded the manufacturing of the original product to the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars.

Does this rise to the level of a conflict of interest? The legislature approves EDGE's contract and Jim has been their biggest defender over the years. Add this with the multiple contracts he already has with the county for office supplies, and I'd say his "part-time" legislative job has benefited him very well.

But when will the mainstream media tell the voters so that they can make up their minds for themselves, with just the facts?
curious

Moravia, NY

#2 Nov 13, 2010
Is he on the board of directors for insight house?
DOnofrio

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 13, 2010
Yup
DOnofrio

Utica, NY

#4 Nov 13, 2010
uhhh

Auburn, ME

#5 Nov 13, 2010
it's a loan...and from what I've read and heard, EDGE only supplements loans already given by banks.
I really think this one's a stretch. Plenty of shenanigans going on in this county that are actually real problems.
Fred

AOL

#6 Nov 13, 2010
any relation to Sally?
Sally

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 13, 2010
It's all about transparency and disclosure. And don't tell me that if D'Onofrio wasn't involved that this kid would still get the "loan". Go check and see how many "loans" haven't been repaid to EDGE.

Also, attend Monday's forum with Robert Freeman on Open Government. You may learn a thing or two.
John

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 14, 2010
Does Larry have another news site? The last one didn't seem to work out so well.
uhhh

Auburn, ME

#9 Nov 14, 2010
It is a little hollow to post as "Sally" rather than using his own name.
George

Utica, NY

#10 Nov 14, 2010
Larry-As expected, your website sucks. Your "candidate" lost by nearly 30,000 votes (68%-32%), and you call yourself a political consultant? I would recommend getting a real job, but doubt that you can. After all these years have you gotten your associate's degree yet?
George

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 14, 2010
On a brighter note, I do hope that you run for mayor. If nothing else it would be comical.
uhhh

Auburn, ME

#12 Nov 14, 2010
I'm not sure who's dumber - Larry for thinking he is a marketing/strategy/political consultant or Hennesey for hiring him!
Blah Blah

Oxford, NY

#13 Nov 14, 2010
He won the primary didn't he? Name someone that's beaten Griffo yet? Are Arcuri's consultant's losers? What about Mike Caputo (Paladino's guy)? He got burried in the general but won a huge upset in the primary. You guys have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to politics. That's why LaBella lost in '06, Arcuri in '10, Roefaro and Picente in '11. It's a marathon folks and you work with what you have. But you keep working.
uhhh

Auburn, ME

#14 Nov 14, 2010
Blah Blah wrote:
He won the primary didn't he? Name someone that's beaten Griffo yet? Are Arcuri's consultant's losers? What about Mike Caputo (Paladino's guy)? He got burried in the general but won a huge upset in the primary. You guys have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to politics. That's why LaBella lost in '06, Arcuri in '10, Roefaro and Picente in '11. It's a marathon folks and you work with what you have. But you keep working.
Huh?
Proctor 97

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 14, 2010
this is funny. i was good friends with Larry until he left for florida after high school. I still see him once in a while and read about him in the paper. I don't know squat about politics but i can give some advice on Larry.

first, hes actually a really good guy that has tried hard to do something with himself and overcome the stigma of his last name. i know even as a kid it was tough for him. even when we were in grade school, Larry was always that kid that couldn't resist a challenge. whether it was on the baseball team, basketball team or fighting (don't lie Larry, you LOVED fighting), he was always trying to prove something. not really a bad thing, but he would go 200% for the smallest thing just to prove a point.

my point is, if you guys in politics really don't like him, my advice would be to totally ignore him. the more you attack, the more he will keep coming. and he was one of the smartest kids we hung out with and a tough SOB. just freakin ignore him. this is foolish. i work in the insurance business and have never seen such immaturity in my life, and trust me there's a lot of childish competition in insurance.
Roark

Cortland, NY

#16 Nov 15, 2010
The true issue is that of the loan. If a legislator is involved in a financial transaction with an agency the county helps fund, it should at least be disclosed to the public. This may be yet another example of the insider characteristic of the area and its agencies. They are using "our" money to reward themselves. Where is the OD?
Jeff

Rome, NY

#17 Nov 15, 2010
Proctor 97 wrote:
this is funny. i was good friends with Larry until he left for florida after high school. I still see him once in a while and read about him in the paper. I don't know squat about politics but i can give some advice on Larry.
first, hes actually a really good guy that has tried hard to do something with himself and overcome the stigma of his last name. i know even as a kid it was tough for him. even when we were in grade school, Larry was always that kid that couldn't resist a challenge. whether it was on the baseball team, basketball team or fighting (don't lie Larry, you LOVED fighting), he was always trying to prove something. not really a bad thing, but he would go 200% for the smallest thing just to prove a point.
my point is, if you guys in politics really don't like him, my advice would be to totally ignore him. the more you attack, the more he will keep coming. and he was one of the smartest kids we hung out with and a tough SOB. just freakin ignore him. this is foolish. i work in the insurance business and have never seen such immaturity in my life, and trust me there's a lot of childish competition in insurance.
You're right but they won't learn. If anything I have noticed alot of topix people will keep a fight going simply because they can't just shut up. Arcuri's people learned that the really hard way the internet is where the people who disliked Arcuri first gathered steam and within 2 years you couldn't google "Arcuri" without topix and the negative things people were posting would come up. If Miek Arcuri wasn't dirt the internet sure made it look like he was made of dirt and now they are onto a new target or two. I like Larry I will admit he's a different type of person than the usual elected morons we have here he doesn't get along with them because he avoids scammers and they know he don't like them. It's them against Larry so it usually makes people who know the victim of attacks want to jump in and help. The writing on the wall is that soon the local voters and the internet people will be revolting against the status quo career pimples. The immaturity isn't only at topix it's also in the politics just pick up today's paper and you'll see what our politicians really do and care about. With luck Larry will be one of the only ones left stading after the old leeches get shown the door. The key is using the web to get the word out and bury the jerks when you spot them.
Jason

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 28, 2010
What is Larry up to these days?
Houdini

Clifton Park, NY

#19 Aug 21, 2014
DOnofrio wrote:
MV EDGE announced a $28,000 loan for Solo Scientific, the maker of the Aurora Fire Starter. The company is owned by Andrew Putrello of Utica. The product is great, but they make no mention of County Legislator and for longtime Majority Leader, James D'Onofrio being a silent partner in the company. He funded the manufacturing of the original product to the tune of THOUSANDS of dollars.
Does this rise to the level of a conflict of interest? The legislature approves EDGE's contract and Jim has been their biggest defender over the years. Add this with the multiple contracts he already has with the county for office supplies, and I'd say his "part-time" legislative job has benefited him very well.
But when will the mainstream media tell the voters so that they can make up their minds for themselves, with just the facts?
Wonder why this story disappeared?

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20140627/NEWS/...
Escape from New Hartford

United States

#20 Aug 21, 2014
All of the problems of this area can be summed up by three succinct statements:

Onedia County= Unmitigated Greed

Utica= Gross incompetence

New Hartford= Blatant Corruption

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam musyt 5 min Dean 9
Family court race 3 hr Lost my vote 43
Walmart in writing brags their for the communit... 4 hr STEVE 7
UticaPussies cry about CNY "reputation"! 4 hr Ktm 10
transsexuals THAT CALL OUT WOMAN REAL TOUGH MAR... 5 hr MARIOPUSS E FEM V... 2
Joelle Sabastian Dean 5 hr Booster 1
Do you think Anita Bryant knows what a clitorus... 5 hr Wondering 1

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages