Harbor freight credit card SCAM

Harbor freight credit card SCAM

Posted in the Utica Forum

rippedoff

New York, NY

#1 Jul 28, 2012
I was at harbor freight 3 weeks ago, the cashier told me the credit card machine was down and they were making imprints. Last week my credit card had a bunch of fraudulent charges. This is too coincidentle for me.

Did you have a similar experience?
anon

United States

#2 Jul 28, 2012
rippedoff wrote:
I was at harbor freight 3 weeks ago, the cashier told me the credit card machine was down and they were making imprints. Last week my credit card had a bunch of fraudulent charges. This is too coincidentle for me.

why are you on Topix??? Call the police!!!
True

United States

#3 Jul 28, 2012
Yeah I'm sure the store did it on purpose and lied about the machine being broke so they can Rob people. Get a life you ex employee who was fired!
Reality

Herkimer, NY

#4 Jul 28, 2012
True wrote:
Yeah I'm sure the store did it on purpose and lied about the machine being broke so they can Rob people. Get a life you ex employee who was fired!
There are countless stories about employees in many companies all around the world stealing credit card information and using it themselves or selling it. The store is usually never involved or even aware until people start making complaints, it's unscrupulous employees who decide to steal. Way to keep it "Utican" True...good job.
Holmer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jul 29, 2012
I was at HF too and they made imprint of my card. Last week I had a $1200 charge on it from some internet store. I called MasterCard and they took charge off my card and sent me a new card. Didn't consider possible link between harbor Freight and theft . Thanks for posting !
same here

Florence, MA

#6 Jul 29, 2012
rippedoff wrote:
I was at harbor freight 3 weeks ago, the cashier told me the credit card machine was down and they were making impr
ints. Last week my credit card had a bunch of fraudulent charges. This is too coincidentle for me.

This happened to me also at hf. My bank picked up odd activity on my card after an imprint was made at HF. This was months ago.
Samantha

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 5, 2012
Don't let them make imprints of your card
Ricky

Minoa, NY

#10 Jul 13, 2013
They have new registers that take credit cards
Well that explains it

United States

#11 Jul 13, 2013
rippedoff wrote:
I guess that's what you get for buying tools in a garbage tool store. Uticans never learn- You get what you pay for , and they don't know what the value of a real tool is or why.
Erik

Odessa, TX

#12 Jul 26, 2013
Harbor freight has been plagued with this sort of activity, and recently has had ALL of its customers credit/debit card information compromised according to an email I received from my bank. Unfortunately we found out that our card was deactivated by the bank while standing in line to pay for a basket full of groceries. Inconvenient and embarrassing. Check with your bank to see if your info has been compromised before you go shopping, and never let anyone do an imprint!
Mr Big Ten Inch

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 26, 2013
rippedoff wrote:
I'm a HF manager.

What was the number on the card. I'll check our records.
Anonymous

New York, NY

#14 Jul 26, 2013
Be careful premier travel company now in utica ny..offering free airline tickets...then stealing money from elderly who agree to join fake travelers club!! They stay n hotels and try and get couples to stay with them and join a presention for free roundtrip tickets that you wont recieve!! These scammers were in orlando florida until the attorney general office closed them ..they send postcard and letters also...then relocate and change there number!!
shell

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Oct 20, 2013
Actually they double charged me 52$ dollars today and their system is down was their excuse, funny enough 3 months ago did the same thing to my dad, with the same excuse, I agree that something isn't right here it's a straight scam and the manager will only say there is nothing she can do.
Not Just HF

Utica, NY

#16 Oct 20, 2013
Not just at Harbor Freight. Two years ago I charged a purchase at Jay K Lumber. The girl rang me up, bagged my items, handed me my bag, and left the counter with my card. She ended up leaving the store and walking out across the parking lot with me in hot pursuit. I chased her down and got my card back. I invited her back in store to settle it with a manager and she refused saying she was off work and was late picking her kid up at the sitter. I then said we can call the police with her answering prove it, and she'll have me arrested for holding her against her will. She then burned out the parking lot. I went back in and complained at the customer service counter. Since she gave me my card clamming it was an oversight the girl said there was nothing they could do, but would talk to her when she comes back in 3 or 4 days. Yeah right. You don't suppose she's working at HF now?
Rey

Miami, FL

#17 Nov 1, 2013
Hello this is not an accusation to Harbor freight tools; but the same thing happened to me the other day. I went to buy some tools like 2 or 3 times the same day. That was like on Monday, then on Thursday Bummm, there were some transactions made in Jamaica. I was like whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat. I was so pissed because I knew i do not swipe my card during the week at any place just when I go to the market or I need to fix my car suddenly so I went to harbor fright tool and that was the last store i swiped my card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why ]\[lGGERS BURN AND ROB EVERYTHING WHEN THEY... 7 min Outs 18
why ]\[lGGERS HAVE LOWEST IQ OF ANY RACE ON EAR... 18 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 164
Stay Away from these Contractors 19 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 34
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 19 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 71
free food ]\[lGGERS HIGHEST OBESITY RATE IN WORLD 20 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 6
savage ]\[lGGERS BEAT 12 YO GIRL 21 min ROTTED NYLON TERR... 263
OD's Liz Cooper's $45B with a BULLSHlT 'B' Nan... 23 min NO IQ MUDSHARK 5
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 1 hr Gov Cheese Hockey 245
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 2 hr Gov Cheese Hockey 503
Not All Nazis Are Bad 3 hr WW II Ones Were 34

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages