How many ADA's will Scott McNamara fi...

How many ADA's will Scott McNamara fire this year.

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike Arcuri

Saint Johnsville, NY

#1 May 30, 2012
Is Scott done cleaning house at the District Attorney's Office? Who will be his next target that he will force out? It must be tough to work for someone who eats his own - no job security - walking on pins and needles. Can I have my old office back?
flash

Cortland, NY

#2 May 30, 2012
They haven't even scratched the surface. There are lots of issues need to be explained out of there. How do we end up with such a pathetic and thin skinned da?
who so far

Utica, NY

#3 May 30, 2012
Mike Arcuri wrote:
Is Scott done cleaning house at the District Attorney's Office? Who will be his next target that he will force out? It must be tough to work for someone who eats his own - no job security - walking on pins and needles. Can I have my old office back?
Why? Who has he gotten rid of so far?
Watcher

Utica, NY

#4 May 30, 2012
They should get rid of that ignorant Neuman impersonator, Joseph Saba. What a clown he is.

http://www.ocgov.net/oneida/distatty/staff
Mike Arcuri

Saint Johnsville, NY

#5 May 30, 2012
who so far wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Who has he gotten rid of so far?
He kicked Tim Fitzgerald to the curb in 2010 after 30+ years. John Raspante and Pat Scully were recently pushed out the door - Rumor has it others are on the chopping block. Thin skin Scott - and he wants to be out next Judge - YIKES!
Truth

Cortland, NY

#6 May 30, 2012
Mybe he could do us all a favor and fire everyone including himself. Problem solved! No more corrupt double-standard DAs!
Scotty

Utica, NY

#7 May 30, 2012
Scott is more dangerous than Mike Arcuri ever was. His problem is that EVERYTHING he does there is political. His staff has to walk around on pins and needles because they know everything has to be politically vetted by Scott before they can do their jobs. He has a tight group of political operatives like Steve Cox that will have his back and rat on everyone.

Trust me, I know two ADA's that have become totally disgusted with their jobs because of him. They're good people that just want to prosecute cases fairly, but they're not allowed to.
freebie the bean

South Butler, NY

#8 May 30, 2012
What about Dawn Catera-Lupi? Is her job safe?
just saying

Utica, NY

#9 May 30, 2012
Scotty wrote:
Scott is more dangerous than Mike Arcuri ever was. His problem is that EVERYTHING he does there is political. His staff has to walk around on pins and needles because they know everything has to be politically vetted by Scott before they can do their jobs. He has a tight group of political operatives like Steve Cox that will have his back and rat on everyone.

Trust me, I know two ADA's that have become totally disgusted with their jobs because of him. They're good people that just want to prosecute cases fairly, but they're not allowed to.
If this is the case there are whistleblower laws that will protect them. His immunities extend only so far. They have an obligation to come forward since they are on the taxpayers nickel. Perhaps they should contact the FBI or Justice Dept. Otherwise, it's hard to take this seriously and they are no different than the person they are accusing.
Scotty

Utica, NY

#10 May 30, 2012
Not a bad point. But it's not that simple in such a small and controlled community. When you're just starting off and making just 35-40k, going through the whole "whistleblower" ordeal can be devastating. Word gets around and no one will hire you. You get blacklisted and they WILL seek retribution.
warp factor 6

Cortland, NY

#11 May 30, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is the case there are whistleblower laws that will protect them. His immunities extend only so far. They have an obligation to come forward since they are on the taxpayers nickel. Perhaps they should contact the FBI or Justice Dept. Otherwise, it's hard to take this seriously and they are no different than the person they are accusing.
I don't see where anyone said he committed a crime. Being a pick and choose prosecutor isn't illegal.
Curious

Utica, NY

#12 May 31, 2012
Why doesn't these people go to the U.S. Justice Department, maybe the F.B.I. and tell them what is really going on with Scott McNamara?

If things are really that screwed up in the D.A.'s office, then perhaps, now is the time to let the skeletons out of the closet, if what is being said is true.

I thought John Raspante quit? He did not get fired according to my sources, but they could be wrong on this one. Didn't John go into private practice with another local attorney ( Starczewski or some name similar.)
just saying

Utica, NY

#13 May 31, 2012
warp factor 6 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see where anyone said he committed a crime. Being a pick and choose prosecutor isn't illegal.
You are correct. However, if crimes are suspected, it would only make sense to call the FBI or Justice Dept. and let those agencies make a determination. You don't have a problem with that, do you?
Mike Arcuri

Saint Johnsville, NY

#14 May 31, 2012
Scotty wrote:
Scott is more dangerous than Mike Arcuri ever was. His problem is that EVERYTHING he does there is political. His staff has to walk around on pins and needles because they know everything has to be politically vetted by Scott before they can do their jobs. He has a tight group of political operatives like Steve Cox that will have his back and rat on everyone.
Trust me, I know two ADA's that have become totally disgusted with their jobs because of him. They're good people that just want to prosecute cases fairly, but they're not allowed to.
The ADA's never had to take a breathalyzer or be escorted out of the officer by the police when I was there. Maybe his underwear is just too tight?
Move on

New Hartford, NY

#15 May 31, 2012
Scotty wrote:
Not a bad point. But it's not that simple in such a small and controlled community. When you're just starting off and making just 35-40k, going through the whole "whistleblower" ordeal can be devastating. Word gets around and no one will hire you. You get blacklisted and they WILL seek retribution.
Here's what I gather from this response. You are wife, girlfriend or family member of a newbie who has confided in you about the corruption that we all know exists, but choose to look the other way. Blacklisting and retribution are are the norm around here. So, the answer is real simple. If this person is afraid of such, then blow the whistle and move away. This area is going to hell in a hand basket faster than the sinking titanic. Most of the people surviving around here are hard workers or those engaged in self-enrichment schemes. Otherwise, there is little or no hope for the average person to get ahead around here.
Mike Arcuri

Saint Johnsville, NY

#16 May 31, 2012
Scotty wrote:
Scott is more dangerous than Mike Arcuri ever was. His problem is that EVERYTHING he does there is political. His staff has to walk around on pins and needles because they know everything has to be politically vetted by Scott before they can do their jobs. He has a tight group of political operatives like Steve Cox that will have his back and rat on everyone.
Trust me, I know two ADA's that have become totally disgusted with their jobs because of him. They're good people that just want to prosecute cases fairly, but they're not allowed to.
You can't use "fair" and McNamara in the same sentence. He can't wait to get that so undeserved judgeship - so he can show just how little he knows about the law. Got help Oneida County if Scott McNamara is elected/appointed Judge.
Scotty

Utica, NY

#17 May 31, 2012
POPEO for COUNTY COURT JUDGE!!! He would literally clean Scott's clock in an election.
Mike Arcuri

Saint Johnsville, NY

#18 Jun 1, 2012
We should be be so lucky.
Very Interesting

Feeding Hills, MA

#19 Aug 22, 2013
Move on wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I gather from this response. You are wife, girlfriend or family member of a newbie who has confided in you about the corruption that we all know exists, but choose to look the other way. Blacklisting and retribution are are the norm around here. So, the answer is real simple. If this person is afraid of such, then blow the whistle and move away. This area is going to hell in a hand basket faster than the sinking titanic. Most of the people surviving around here are hard workers or those engaged in self-enrichment schemes. Otherwise, there is little or no hope for the average person to get ahead around here.
I believe it!
Funny

Duluth, GA

#22 Aug 22, 2013
How nothing ever changes in Oneida County. The DA's office has been political for many years seen them go after a few political people in the name of justice. We all know the politics of that office. Scott had a good teacher! Michael Arcuri!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 1 hr South Paw 69
A third term for Obama 2 hr get real 23
John Nehme gets Laid because he has a huge Boner! 3 hr Sarah 3
fly a drone in my backyard 4 hr Grannys gooch 7
Who is best woman doctor in area (Feb '13) 7 hr Stash Rules 19
Don Trump is another Ed Hanna 8 hr orange not the ne... 27
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 12 hr markstrom 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages