Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Truth wrote:
I agree with most if not all you posted. That still doesn't answer my main question. That question is - why does it seeem that everything, incuding what have turned out to be false or half-true allegations, get laid at the feet of Mandryck? Any reports I've read or have seen on TV have her picture featured as though the OCBOE begins and ends with her with barely a mention of her Democrat counterpart. The other thing is, why if she was so incompetent and the offenses so egregiuos was she not removed by the NY BOE? They investigated and according to reports the removal was requested. They had the power to remove her. But, it didn't happen.
I too think Picente has done some good things in terms of the controlling costs and the budget. I also think that Al Capone did a lot of good things for 1920's era Chicago but that shouldn't excuse his bad behavior. Don't take that to mean I think Picente has done anything illegal I don't and have never said that. I think illegal and abuse of power can be two different things. My impression is that Picente is a consumnate politician who has a low key, reasonable public personna but rules by fear with an iron fist behind the scenes with a lot of the dirty work falling to people like George Joseph. Just my opinion. If you knew this was a personal vendetta against Mandryck and you worked for the county, how anxious do you suppose you would be to make waves?
I look at it from this perspective. In addition to the time and taxpayer funded resources that were and continue to be expended, I think anyone looking in from the outside sees the nature of New York, upstate New York, Oneida County politics and it's ugly. In my opinion anyone who looks at the chronology of these attacks on Mandryck, justified or not, can see that this is a vendetta launched by the county executive. It's just one more thing about upstate New York that gives us a black eye and keeps people and business from wanting to move to what I think is one of the most beautiful and culturally rich areas in the U.S. We all suffer as a result. It's not that this is probably much different than a lot of other places but with everything else we have going against us including high taxes, underachieving schools, out of control public sector union costs.....all levels of government here need to be more than squeaky clean. This to me is just another example of how they are far from that and it hurts us.
This thread is proof positive that the public realtions campaign against Mandryck has worked. I doubt that very many of those who have posted here are familiar with anything other than the OD headlines of the past year and a half that accuse Mandryck of every misstep that can be made by an election commisioner. In my opinion that was the goal and the heck with the truth.
Mandryck (the buck stops everywhere but here) was in charge. Her counterpart is long gone. She is the one who continues attempting to drain the county coffers for her personal needs, not her former counterpart.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Truth, I accept that there is evidence Picente abuses his power.

Anyone who accepts a political appointment also accepts the risk of being terminated in an irrational, capricious and arbitrary manner.

If that's Obama calling, tell him I'm not here.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Pay attention wrote:
<quoted text>
Mandryck (the buck stops everywhere but here) was in charge. Her counterpart is long gone. She is the one who continues attempting to drain the county coffers for her personal needs, not her former counterpart.
Cardone's term ended the same day as Mandryck's. She was there the entire time and at least 50% responsible for everythiung that happened.

If you have factual evidence the I'd be happy to see it. There is none. You are incorrect in your opinion.
pay attention

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

You sound like a moron when you say my opinion is wrong. Your opinion may differ, but I am certainly entitled to it. Specifically, everything I stated is factual and stipulated as such. Youdon't have to believe it, but you cant change the truth to fit your opinion.
HmMmMMmm

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x1146189333...

So did she lie when she applied or did the ELECTION COMMISSIONER not understand the registration parameters? The Dems deserve what they get.
Pam

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Sounds like she told the 100% truth. She said she filed the change of registration form on Oct. 13th, which is true.

The real question now is whether she will sue the county for prematurely making public statements indicating there was a "criminal investigation" going on in the first news stories. As a former elected official and public figure, this could have irrevocably damaged her reputation.

I can't solicit, but I sure hope she walks into my office.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HmMmMMmm wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/latestn ews/x1146189333/Local-Democrat -analyst-Mandryck-still-is-a-R epublican
So did she lie when she applied or did the ELECTION COMMISSIONER not understand the registration parameters? The Dems deserve what they get.
Lie about what?

It sounds like she submitted the registration change in accordance with what everyone's understanding of the process was at the time. The reality is that the paperwork is the formality. Filling out the paper work and submitting it was the actual intent.

This ends up being another in a long line of allegations against Mandryck that turn out to be nothing or next to nothing. Is anyone shocked by that? I'm not. Look back through the OD articles and think about the number of taxpayer paid people and the amount of time that this took. Anyone who still refuses to see this for what it is has to be in denial.

The Democrats will be fine if Mandryck has the skillset for the analyst job. Democrtas interviewed her and I would guess looked at her credentials as they would for anyone and decided she fit what they were looking for. As I said previously, I think she brings an interesting perspective to that job with her intimate knowledge of the Republicans and the way they conduct business. That may well be part of the reason for this latest accusation that turned out to be nothing.
Republicrat

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Interesting take on the situation...

http://www.therepublicrat.com/scandal-politic...
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Republicrat wrote:
Interesting take on the situation...
http://www.therepublicrat.com/scandal-politic...
Obviously good insight from someone familiar with how things work behind the scenes. Thank you.

Great read and a novel approach. The writer uses facts to back up the opinion rather than just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. Great insight for people like me not "inside the ropes".

It doesn't mention the incident with the CE's sister though and I think that is waht started this entire campaign. I could be wrong but when you look at a chronology that looks like the beginning of the timeline.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

pay attention wrote:
You sound like a moron when you say my opinion is wrong. Your opinion may differ, but I am certainly entitled to it. Specifically, everything I stated is factual and stipulated as such. Youdon't have to believe it, but you cant change the truth to fit your opinion.
While it is true that everyone is entitled to an opinion there are opinions that are correct and those that aren't.

Correct opinions are reasonable assummptions based on the facts at hand.

Incorrect opinions are those void of facts and usually based more on emotion than anything else.

Not everything you said is factually correct.

It's not a matter of disagreeing or not. Any opinion based on emotion rather than the facts at hand is nothing more than hot air and can be described as factually inaccurate or as I said, incorrect.

If you want someone to accept your opinion (not your right to an opinion) be prepared to back it with facts.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

pay attention wrote:
The specific factual inaccuracy in what you said is that Cardone (Mandryck's counterpart) was long gone. She was not. Her term ended on the same day as Mandryck's. That would be December 31, 2012.

It either is or isn't.
James

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Defeat any legislator in Utica who voted for the Republican from Rome.You mean there were no Democrats who wanted the job.Look at the gang---Furgal,Convertino,and the rest of the loyal stooges of the minority leader.
lisa

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is true that everyone is entitled to an opinion there are opinions that are correct and those that aren't.
Correct opinions are reasonable assummptions based on the facts at hand.
Incorrect opinions are those void of facts and usually based more on emotion than anything else.
Not everything you said is factually correct.
It's not a matter of disagreeing or not. Any opinion based on emotion rather than the facts at hand is nothing more than hot air and can be described as factually inaccurate or as I said, incorrect.
If you want someone to accept your opinion (not your right to an opinion) be prepared to back it with facts.
You are a broken record making a fool of yourself. Every poster is laughing at you.lol
Larry

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously good insight from someone familiar with how things work behind the scenes. Thank you.
Great read and a novel approach. The writer uses facts to back up the opinion rather than just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. Great insight for people like me not "inside the ropes".
It doesn't mention the incident with the CE's sister though and I think that is waht started this entire campaign. I could be wrong but when you look at a chronology that looks like the beginning of the timeline.
Thank you

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a broken record making a fool of yourself. Every poster is laughing at you.lol
If you could read,you wouldn't be laughing.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've spoken with every user then?

If it's true that ignorance is bliss then based on your comment as evidence, my opinion is that you are llkely a very happy person.
lisa

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've spoken with every user then?
If it's true that ignorance is bliss then based on your comment as evidence, my opinion is that you are llkely a very happy person.
Havent spoken with anyone. Just read the posts on here making sport with your bs.
idiots

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x1146192365...

this just keeps getting better and better.....your either a democrat and you can have one job or a republican and you should pay the money back>>>>>PICK ONE.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

When will they give up this effort to discredit Mandryck?

They are throwing everything against the wall just to see what sticks. So far nothing has.

Unfortunately for Mandryck there are a lot of people who get their opinions from headlines and what they heard at the
bar/barber/hairdresser/grocery store/Uncle Joe who knows the guy who cleans the county office building..... rather than doing a little reading in order to have an informed opinion based on the facts. Same people posting on the current Notre Dame thread.

This is more of the same witch hunt that's been going on for over a year.
hotdogjoe

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Truth wrote:
When will they give up this effort to discredit Mandryck?

They are throwing everything against the wall just to see what sticks. So far nothing has.

Unfortunately for Mandryck there are a lot of people who get their opinions from headlines and what they heard at the
bar/barber/hairdresser/grocery store/Uncle Joe who knows the guy who cleans the county office building..... rather than doing a little reading in order to have an informed opinion based on the facts. Same people posting on the current Notre Dame thread.

This is more of the same witch hunt that's been going on for over a year.
No doubt there's a little smear going on but you don't really say if you think she rightfully held/holds either job. She can't be in both parties.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••