Pam Mandryck

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Jan 8, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would be wrong.
This all started after the county executive's sister returned to her job at the OCBOE afetr a summer off on disability with a broken arm. Upon her return she was insubordinate and was reprimanded by Mandryck. That is when the target was painted on her back.
What election did she screw up exactly? You say several and all I ask is to cite one. She and her Democrat counterpart held up reporting incomplete results to the media at one point was is their preogative. Is that the one?
That entire department and Mandryck in particular was audited with the results being submitted to the New York State Board of Elections. That audit cost the taxpayers of Oneida County $5000 and was requested by County Executive Picente. Nothing of much importance was found. Certainly nothing that rose to a level that warranted dismissal. Mandryck responded to all of the comments and the NYSBOE accepted her response and no action was taken against her or the OCBOE. Doesn't that say anything? I know that part of the story wasn't as widely reported as the allegations.
These latest accusations seem to me to be just another attempt to discredit her. Over the course of the past year and a half it seems like the county executive's office and his accomplises on the legislature have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at her and nothing has stuck. I doubt these latest allegations will stick either. Wait and see.
Are you dizzy from all the spin you put on this? What do you mean what elections did she screw up? Every one of them since the new machines came out.
dem

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Jan 8, 2013
 
Pat wrote:
I blame the Utica Legislators---Furgal,Convertin o,Caruso.You mean no Democrat wanted the job?
I blame them all who voted for her.
What is Right

Belmont, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Jan 8, 2013
 
Romans know and we rule this welfare county!
She is in deep and forever will be marked as Fusco's accomplice.
Enjoy it you earned it!
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Jan 9, 2013
 
The Spin Stops Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you dizzy from all the spin you put on this? What do you mean what elections did she screw up? Every one of them since the new machines came out.
You can't just throw something like that out there without proof. Where is the proof? Do you have a link to a report (not someone's opinion or an OD hit piece) that proves conclusively that Mandryck, through imcompetency or misconduct, screwed up even one election? You don't. It doesn't exist. If it did the New York State Board of Elections would have removed her for cause. They didn't and you are not correct in your opinion.

This is like when an attorney, in an attempt to discredit a witness, asks "When did you stop beating your wife?". Just because someone makes an accusation doesn't make a charge true. Once an accusation is out there though it doesn't matter. The damage is done. It doesn't matter how many times you say something or how loud. It is either true or it isn't. When I look at it I think the past year and a half we've seen an effort orchestrated by the county executive's office and his willing accomplises in the OC legislature to discredit Mandryck. When you look at the chronology, it all started after the reprimand of the county executive's sister.

What I see is a lot of attention and taxpayer resources being spent on what I see as a political vendetta. Seems like a waste to me. In order to stay under the tax cap, Oneida County borrowed millions of dollars in order to make the mandated pension contribution for county employees. I think the actual number is over $10 million and the interest on the loan will cost OC taxpayers $50K over the long term. What about next year? Instead of addressing this with every fiber of their being we have the party in power going after one of their own and doing it at taxpayer expense.

Track it back. Look up articles on the OD and the Rome Sentinel (where the reporting is very different than the OD I think). Follow the chronology and take it all into consideration before just spouting the popular opinion. Everyone is etitled to an opinion but an opinion devoid of facts is just hot air.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Jan 9, 2013
 
dem wrote:
<quoted text>I blame them all who voted for her.
Is it possible that they decided that she is the person for the job because she's a former opposition insider?

The OCBOE comissioner job is one of those political patronage jobs that one gets as a reward for being faithful to the party. Like Destito as OGS head. She towed the party line for years and was rewarded for that. She knows the inner workings and the personality of the Republican majority. Her husband is a Republican legislator for crying out loud. I think it was the county executive that turned on her and then the OC Republican party faithful, led by Geroge Joseph, fell in line. She brings that perspective to her new job as analyst for the Democrat minority. If I was the minority party looking to gain power I think I would want a former insider whispering in my ear.
Paris Road

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Jan 9, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible that they decided that she is the person for the job because she's a former opposition insider?
The OCBOE comissioner job is one of those political patronage jobs that one gets as a reward for being faithful to the party. Like Destito as OGS head. She towed the party line for years and was rewarded for that. She knows the inner workings and the personality of the Republican majority. Her husband is a Republican legislator for crying out loud. I think it was the county executive that turned on her and then the OC Republican party faithful, led by Geroge Joseph, fell in line. She brings that perspective to her new job as analyst for the Democrat minority. If I was the minority party looking to gain power I think I would want a former insider whispering in my ear.
This doesn't say much about her personal character, does it?
Funny

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Jan 9, 2013
 
Then, I would be RIGHT! Mandryck was in charge when she misspelled the president's name on the ballot, costing the county an additional $75 thousand dollars. Screwed up the election results on her first election, leaving the county without information for weeks following the election. Now, there are serious charges levelled against her in rome mayoral race. She wasn't punished by the Governor b/c she was replaced in disgrace by her former party. Now, even someone self-named "truth" cannot revise all of that history:)
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Jan 9, 2013
 
Funny wrote:
Then, I would be RIGHT! Mandryck was in charge when she misspelled the president's name on the ballot, costing the county an additional $75 thousand dollars. Screwed up the election results on her first election, leaving the county without information for weeks following the election. Now, there are serious charges levelled against her in rome mayoral race. She wasn't punished by the Governor b/c she was replaced in disgrace by her former party. Now, even someone self-named "truth" cannot revise all of that history:)
You make the mistake of thinking that Mandryck ran the entire show at the OCBOE. She didn't. That is a joint venture designed to have both major parties invovled to ensure fair election outcomes.

The misspelling of President Obama's name cannot be laid entirely at her feet. I doubt very much that it was she alone that proofed an submitted the final copy for printing. It was likely an underling tasked with that. That misspelling did not screw up an elections as you said. The ballots were reprinted in time for the election. This was another case where I think the powers that be (Picente) put her face on that problem when there was plenty of blame to go around.

I don't know what you are talking about when you say "Screwed up the election results on her first election, leaving the county without information for weeks following the election." Please show proof of this. Not opinions, proof. If the error was so serious then there should be some formal findings somewhere that you can cite. Remember that making sure that an election was conducted fairly and the results reported accurately are some of the responsibilities of the OCBOE. I think I remember reading that there is no time limit on certifying/reporting election results. It's just that media and most people want immediate gratification. Is it possible that the OCBOE (not just Mandryck) felt that it was more important to report accurate results than to rush out partial or questionable results?

As for Rome. I'll say it again. Allegations and accusations are just that. I have to ask you something. When did you stop beating your spouse and kicking your dog? See how that works?

She was replaced when her term was up. She was not removed from that job and replaced in disgrace as you say. Haven't you been watching the news? The latest allegations have to do with her changing her party affiliation before finishing her term as commissioner. The Democrats appointed a new commissioner as well by the way. Happens all the time. Those are not lifetime appointments. She may still be serving as commissioner if not for the negative ad campaign launched against her. Who knows? I remember wondering if any department in government including the county executive's office could stand up to the scrutiny visted upon Mandryck.

You are long on opnion and short on facts it seems to me.
Jean

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

She is a Republican and again from Rome.Utica Legislators should be ashamed of themselves.
Fummy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Jan 9, 2013
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the mistake of thinking that Mandryck ran the entire show at the OCBOE. She didn't. That is a joint venture designed to have both major parties invovled to ensure fair election outcomes.
The misspelling of President Obama's name cannot be laid entirely at her feet. I doubt very much that it was she alone that proofed an submitted the final copy for printing. It was likely an underling tasked with that. That misspelling did not screw up an elections as you said. The ballots were reprinted in time for the election. This was another case where I think the powers that be (Picente) put her face on that problem when there was plenty of blame to go around.
I don't know what you are talking about when you say "Screwed up the election results on her first election, leaving the county without information for weeks following the election." Please show proof of this. Not opinions, proof. If the error was so serious then there should be some formal findings somewhere that you can cite. Remember that making sure that an election was conducted fairly and the results reported accurately are some of the responsibilities of the OCBOE. I think I remember reading that there is no time limit on certifying/reporting election results. It's just that media and most people want immediate gratification. Is it possible that the OCBOE (not just Mandryck) felt that it was more important to report accurate results than to rush out partial or questionable results?
As for Rome. I'll say it again. Allegations and accusations are just that. I have to ask you something. When did you stop beating your spouse and kicking your dog? See how that works?
She was replaced when her term was up. She was not removed from that job and replaced in disgrace as you say. Haven't you been watching the news? The latest allegations have to do with her changing her party affiliation before finishing her term as commissioner. The Democrats appointed a new commissioner as well by the way. Happens all the time. Those are not lifetime appointments. She may still be serving as commissioner if not for the negative ad campaign launched against her. Who knows? I remember wondering if any department in government including the county executive's office could stand up to the scrutiny visted upon Mandryck.
You are long on opnion and short on facts it seems to me.
I have stated facts which you lack the acumen to understand: Mandryck was IN CHARGE when all of the various problems became evident. She was RESPONSIBLE. You sound like a pol who is used to deflecting responsibility to others rather than accepting the truth as it stands. Everyone sees this one way, you see it the other way. I'll bet your whole life is this way:)

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Jan 9, 2013
 
Here's a fact: on at least 2 occasions, when every other county in NY state had reported final election results on election night, Oneida County required two or more additional days to complete their counting. The problem? Lack of training and supervision of poll workers. Who's fault is that?

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Jan 9, 2013
 
Whose* :(
Dame

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Jan 9, 2013
 
I know for a fact that at least three other very qualified democrats applied for the position. Party leaders should be looking into why this washed-up disgraced public official was hired when she was let go from her last job for screwing up so badly. The voters should remember this next year!
Ev Dirkson

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Jan 9, 2013
 
Dame wrote:
I know for a fact that at least three other very qualified democrats applied for the position. Party leaders should be looking into why this washed-up disgraced public official was hired when she was let go from her last job for screwing up so badly. The voters should remember this next year!
Voters are idiots and don't remember anything. They continually put the same ole hacks back into office and expect better results. Especially, in Oneida County.

Every January the Dems and GOP meet and decide who keeps what job. The NYS Sen and CE will be GOP and the DA and NYS Ass will be Dem.
The other seats are meaningless and decide nothing of importance in this area.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Jan 9, 2013
 
frankcor wrote:
Here's a fact: on at least 2 occasions, when every other county in NY state had reported final election results on election night, Oneida County required two or more additional days to complete their counting. The problem? Lack of training and supervision of poll workers. Who's fault is that?
That is a valid point about the training and the overall quality of the poll workers but I have to ask why all of the vitriol is aimed at Mandryck alone and not her former Democrat counterpart (Cardone) as well? My reading of that situation is that there were problems with the poll workers abandoning their posts and that in an effort to report the best and most accurate results, reporting was delayed. I also think that it was during that cycle that new electronic machines were used.

I'm not defending her abilities even though from what I read from the NYS BOE says that she really didn't do anything that rose to the level of what would be required to remove her. They have the power and are the experts I think and they accepted every explanation she had. In the end $5000 came out of taxpayer's pockets for what I think was a political witch hunt orchestrated by the county executive's office.

Oneida County is a big place with dozens of poll locations and an army of people involved with the logistics of conducting an election don't you think?. Yet all of the blame seems focused in one direction. That is at the core of what I question in this case. I will grant that ultimate responsibility for all miscues falls to the person(people)in charge but I just think the constant focus on only Mandryck makes me think that there is a lot more here than meets the eye. Something like a political/personal vendetta.

If you go back and look at articles reagrding George Joseph's request for an audit of the BOE it was reported that the original email came from the county executive's office. What should we infer from that?

Go back and look at this situation in it's entirety starting with the county executive's sister returning to work after her summer off on disability for a broken arm. Look big picture. Follow the timeline. Look at the accusations and allegations since then. Look at the results of the audit and investigations. There have been problems with the OC BOE for sure but it is fundamentally unfair to lay all of the blame on Mandryck especially since circumstantially anyway, this has all of the earmarks of a personal vendetta against her.

I really wish that someone on the inside with intimate knowledge of all of this would speak out. Good luck with that though. I heard someone on the radio say that many who do know the entire story work for the county and are afraid of a similar vendetta and for their jobs should they speak out.
NH truth

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Jan 9, 2013
 
I hear there was a very qualified democratic applicant from New Hartford that was not even allowed to interview. Why didn't the Democratic legislator from New Hartford speak up and get that person an interview? Then he voted for Mandryck.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Jan 9, 2013
 
Truth:

I'm certainly no fan of Tony Picente but he has exceeded my expectations in his ability to run a budget modestly and with some vision for the future. I have little interest in guessing peoples motives and less interest in whatever beef the players may have with one another.

My interest is in how effective and frugal government treats my tax dollars.

Mandryck and Cardone are long time political operatives who were rewarded for years of loyalty by their respective parties with high-paying appointments based purely on politics. The position has no qualifications other than political affiliation -- the state constitution gives ownership of the election process to the Dem. and Rep. parties.(Who ever thought that was a good idea?)

The elections board has a budget of ~$1.6mil; around half of that is salaries and benefits. So it's a fair-sized organization. If you or I were looking to hire someone to manage an enterprise of that size, we would look for someone who can demonstrate strong management skills. But that's not how it works in Oneida County.

It likely works like that in other counties, too. But no other counties had the difficulties we had in adopting the new machines.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Jan 9, 2013
 
frankcor wrote:
Truth:
I'm certainly no fan of Tony Picente but he has exceeded my expectations in his ability to run a budget modestly and with some vision for the future. I have little interest in guessing peoples motives and less interest in whatever beef the players may have with one another.
My interest is in how effective and frugal government treats my tax dollars.
Mandryck and Cardone are long time political operatives who were rewarded for years of loyalty by their respective parties with high-paying appointments based purely on politics. The position has no qualifications other than political affiliation -- the state constitution gives ownership of the election process to the Dem. and Rep. parties.(Who ever thought that was a good idea?)
The elections board has a budget of ~$1.6mil; around half of that is salaries and benefits. So it's a fair-sized organization. If you or I were looking to hire someone to manage an enterprise of that size, we would look for someone who can demonstrate strong management skills. But that's not how it works in Oneida County.
It likely works like that in other counties, too. But no other counties had the difficulties we had in adopting the new machines.
We want the same things you do,but we also don't want to see the people who work for us treated in ways we would not want to be treated. Picente is abusing the power of his office,I believe.
Pam

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Jan 9, 2013
 
This is all nonsense talk. Both sides are doing what they're doing for not so good reasons. Tallarino and crew hired her because they thought it would drive Tony nuts and help give them some sort of inside info on the GOP.

Tony went after Pam because of exactly what has been said. They're all guilty.

As for the elections, no election ever had wrong results. If there were contested results, then we should go back to 2008 and have new elections. That means a new election for County Executive last year. Enough.

As for the Fusco race, there seems to be valid complaints. But remember that she was acting under direction of Picente and the county GOP at the time. It was Picente, Destito and Griffo that ganged up on Jim Brown and got Fusco elected.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Jan 10, 2013
 
I agree with most if not all you posted. That still doesn't answer my main question. That question is - why does it seeem that everything, incuding what have turned out to be false or half-true allegations, get laid at the feet of Mandryck? Any reports I've read or have seen on TV have her picture featured as though the OCBOE begins and ends with her with barely a mention of her Democrat counterpart. The other thing is, why if she was so incompetent and the offenses so egregiuos was she not removed by the NY BOE? They investigated and according to reports the removal was requested. They had the power to remove her. But, it didn't happen.
I too think Picente has done some good things in terms of the controlling costs and the budget. I also think that Al Capone did a lot of good things for 1920's era Chicago but that shouldn't excuse his bad behavior. Don't take that to mean I think Picente has done anything illegal I don't and have never said that. I think illegal and abuse of power can be two different things. My impression is that Picente is a consumnate politician who has a low key, reasonable public personna but rules by fear with an iron fist behind the scenes with a lot of the dirty work falling to people like George Joseph. Just my opinion. If you knew this was a personal vendetta against Mandryck and you worked for the county, how anxious do you suppose you would be to make waves?
I look at it from this perspective. In addition to the time and taxpayer funded resources that were and continue to be expended, I think anyone looking in from the outside sees the nature of New York, upstate New York, Oneida County politics and it's ugly. In my opinion anyone who looks at the chronology of these attacks on Mandryck, justified or not, can see that this is a vendetta launched by the county executive. It's just one more thing about upstate New York that gives us a black eye and keeps people and business from wanting to move to what I think is one of the most beautiful and culturally rich areas in the U.S. We all suffer as a result. It's not that this is probably much different than a lot of other places but with everything else we have going against us including high taxes, underachieving schools, out of control public sector union costs.....all levels of government here need to be more than squeaky clean. This to me is just another example of how they are far from that and it hurts us.
This thread is proof positive that the public realtions campaign against Mandryck has worked. I doubt that very many of those who have posted here are familiar with anything other than the OD headlines of the past year and a half that accuse Mandryck of every misstep that can be made by an election commisioner. In my opinion that was the goal and the heck with the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

213 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Long hot summer 14 min Golfcourse on a Landfill 4
Robert T Oliveira 29 min BobbyO1967 12
Homewreckers 32 min hey 32
RCIL at Saranac 47 min So what 2
Are we ready for the busloads fo Illegals 52 min BobbyO1967 58
ITT Exelis at Griffiss Business and Technology ... 1 hr Golfcourse on a Landfill 4
Al Roberts blocks post on his junk. 1 hr kln 7
Utica "College" needs "Sports Glory Dome!" 2 hr CNY Cistern Wishing Well 60
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••