justsayin

Utica, NY

#21 Dec 27, 2012
evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
On Mandryck's watch: BOE wasted $75000 printing ballots with the president's name spelled wrong. Took them weeks to come up with election results. That's when Mandryck's problems began, moron.
that spelling error was on mandryck and cardone's watch to be exact. how come cardone doesn't catch any of the heat? who was it that gave approval for the final proof before it went to the printer?

the target got painted on mandryck's back the day she reprimanded picente's sister.
Caldwell

Utica, NY

#22 Dec 27, 2012
It's not rocket science Why Grimaldi even has a job. She's been banging Judge Randy Caldwell since he was County Attorney. She can barely read. Has no education and conducts herself like white trash. But she's now the top election official. Only here.

People need to remember that Pam was a legislator for 14 years. Tony recommended her for the elections job. But when she didn't do his dirty work and tried to do the job fairly, he couldn't take it. She wouldn't give his sister preferential treatment. If he was so outraged at the whole board over performance, wouldn't it be common sense that he would include his sister in his calls for removal? Nah. Just take out Pam and put in a loser.

Also, don't forget that even know the GOP held an illegal meeting to oust her, at the last minute, which left her no time to get her people together - she STILL took almost 40% of the vote. And those that dared go against Tony means they are diehard supporters. So they will now be either switching parties or voting for Democrats. If she wasn't such a threat, they wouldn't be so upset. No one attacks like this unless they're threatened. And the OD and WKTV are just public relations firms representing Picente. They'll print or broadcast whatever he wants.
round and round we go

Cortland, NY

#23 Dec 27, 2012
One parties "TRASH" is another parties "TREASURE". You just have to follow the money. There is no such thing as party loyalty anymore or morals or ethics or common sence for that matter. You just bottom feed and live off of taxpayers no matter what you have to do these days for a pay check. Our good days are gone to the trashiest politics and lowest form of human living and conditions for centuries to come. roefaro had it right were going back to the reinasence which I recall as the dark ages of Kings and peasants.
Seriously Stop

Newark, NY

#24 Dec 27, 2012
Caldwell wrote:
It's not rocket science Why Grimaldi even has a job. She's been banging Judge Randy Caldwell since he was County Attorney. She can barely read. Has no education and conducts herself like white trash. But she's now the top election official. Only here.

People need to remember that Pam was a legislator for 14 years. Tony recommended her for the elections job. But when she didn't do his dirty work and tried to do the job fairly, he couldn't take it. She wouldn't give his sister preferential treatment. If he was so outraged at the whole board over performance, wouldn't it be common sense that he would include his sister in his calls for removal? Nah. Just take out Pam and put in a loser.

Also, don't forget that even know the GOP held an illegal meeting to oust her, at the last minute, which left her no time to get her people together - she STILL took almost 40% of the vote. And those that dared go against Tony means they are diehard supporters. So they will now be either switching parties or voting for Democrats. If she wasn't such a threat, they wouldn't be so upset. No one attacks like this unless they're threatened. And the OD and WKTV are just public relations firms representing Picente. They'll print or broadcast whatever he wants.
Larry please stop... I don't know who's worse you Julie Miller or Rodger Potocki. Get off the computer for 5 minutes and stay away from politics for a few mins. A bunch of wannabe know it alls.
Eastern End

AOL

#25 Dec 27, 2012
Picente owes it to the taxpayers as to why Mandryck was fired and not his sister who has to share the blame.Oh tes she is from rome too.
Correct

Clinton, NY

#26 Dec 27, 2012
Secret vote to put her in I wonder why? Are they scared to stand up and vote out loud. Put your names out who voted for her. The voters want to know.
justsayin

Utica, NY

#28 Dec 28, 2012
Caldwell wrote:
you forgot to mention wutq morning show with peirsma and elias. they have a man crush on picente too.
Rose Gardner

Utica, NY

#29 Dec 28, 2012
Caldwell wrote:
You are obviously someone who thinks they deserve a job, and didn't get one. You don't know, or, have never worked with Ms Grimaldi. She is likeable, efficient, intelligent, organized and fair. She will do a wonderful job in the BOE and for the county's constituents. Her employees will enjoy her b/c she will lead by example and not demand, but, earn respect. Good Choice GOP. We all know that this position is not chosen by the CE.
Taxpayer

AOL

#31 Dec 28, 2012
Grimaldi is from Rome too---When do these Rome appts stop?Picente should remove his sister too.6O,000?WHO MAKES THAT?
Rose Gardner

Utica, NY

#32 Dec 28, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
Grimaldi is from Rome too---When do these Rome appts stop?Picente should remove his sister too.6O,000?WHO MAKES THAT?
Easy answer. She makes that, b/c she earns it. She has been the stabilizing force in the BOE even when the top brass was switched, and incompetence walked in the door. Now, that the incompetence is gone, and new top brass is here, the BOE will again be efficient.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#33 Dec 28, 2012
round and round we go wrote:
One parties "TRASH" is another parties "TREASURE". You just have to follow the money. There is no such thing as party loyalty anymore or morals or ethics or common sence for that matter. You just bottom feed and live off of taxpayers no matter what you have to do these days for a pay check. Our good days are gone to the trashiest politics and lowest form of human living and conditions for centuries to come. roefaro had it right were going back to the reinasence which I recall as the dark ages of Kings and peasants.
round gets it.
Real Cheese

Utica, NY

#34 Dec 28, 2012
Am I the only one who thinks Tony looks like a vampire? I mean, the pointed hair and all. All he needs is some eye shadow and fangs and he'd be a dead ringer for Baron DaMone (who remembers him?)...

I hope Julian gets the Independence Chair seat. I heard him this morning on Piersma and Coffee-guyz radio show. He hasn't forgotten much and I'm betting his ideas of getting young voters enrolled in his party (and taking them away from Dems and Repubs) will put a pretty good dent in the Rome faction powerbase.

Anybody want to take bets on how the new districts will be redrawn, who will be protected and who will not? Hooknose and the Emperor have it pretty much figured out already, you can take that to the bank.
payattention

Rome, NY

#35 Dec 28, 2012
Real Cheese wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Tony looks like a vampire? I mean, the pointed hair and all. All he needs is some eye shadow and fangs and he'd be a dead ringer for Baron DaMone (who remembers him?)...
I hope Julian gets the Independence Chair seat. I heard him this morning on Piersma and Coffee-guyz radio show. He hasn't forgotten much and I'm betting his ideas of getting young voters enrolled in his party (and taking them away from Dems and Repubs) will put a pretty good dent in the Rome faction powerbase.
Anybody want to take bets on how the new districts will be redrawn, who will be protected and who will not? Hooknose and the Emperor have it pretty much figured out already, you can take that to the bank.
Julian is more of the same. Recirculated garbage along with all the rest of them. Must be looking for a job.

If Mandryck retires with a state pension, based on her past three years salary, she gets a pension around $40k or so and then gets a job as the dem analyst at $40k. That is how it works in OC. Friends and family are always protected ...... The rest of us pay. Makes me sick.
tax watcher

Utica, NY

#36 Dec 28, 2012
payattention wrote:
<quoted text>
Julian is more of the same. Recirculated garbage along with all the rest of them. Must be looking for a job.
If Mandryck retires with a state pension, based on her past three years salary, she gets a pension around $40k or so and then gets a job as the dem analyst at $40k. That is how it works in OC. Friends and family are always protected ...... The rest of us pay. Makes me sick.
You r correct about pension. Pension boost is whhy Mandryck was appointed to BOE and why there should be no forer legislators appointed to dept ead positions.
Carmen

AOL

#37 Dec 28, 2012
What about Picentes sister?She should have been fired too.
tax watcher

Utica, NY

#38 Dec 28, 2012
Carmen wrote:
What about Picentes sister?She should have been fired too.
O k broken record. Why should a subordinate be fired when the decision maker was allowed to continue until the end of her tenure?
Freebie the Bean

Oneida, NY

#39 Dec 28, 2012
It was great to see the county dems stick it to Piss-ente. This isn't over. Tony the Emperor will go to some judge and get Mandryck's job vacated. He is an INCREDIBLY powerful person. He has the ties to have people whacked!!!
Real Cheese

Utica, NY

#41 Dec 28, 2012
payattention wrote:
<quoted text>
Julian is more of the same. Recirculated garbage along with all the rest of them. Must be looking for a job
Can't you see the irony, the comedy of the elite having to bite their tongues and pay homage to Tim for an endorsement? Personally I think it's a hoot.

And look at it this way. The old IP chair's methods are done. Nobody has to kiss anybody's ring anymore for an endorsement, you might have to actually have a good resume and be screened, not slide the chairman a Ben or two.
tax watcher

Utica, NY

#42 Dec 28, 2012
Well, Carmen? You like to sling hash but have no real answers, do you?
justsayin

Utica, NY

#43 Dec 29, 2012
tax watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
You r correct about pension. Pension boost is whhy Mandryck was appointed to BOE and why there should be no forer legislators appointed to dept ead positions.
Does she qualify for a pension?

The legislator job is only part time. I didn't think they contribute to the pension system. She was only the commissioner of BOE for a few years. I don't thnk she held any other county or other public sector jobs before that. Are you sure she qualifies for a pension from the county or are you just guessing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing NH girl 41 min IDK 1
Tired Of Simple Minded Uticans 59 min Welfare Comets Fo... 3
Comets small crowd tonight. 1 hr Welfare Comets Fo... 10
More Robert T Oliveira Lies 2 hr CawCaw 18
Mailmen who litter all over town 4 hr NY Voter 22
Will Notre Dame make it to the dome 4 hr Dome 22
Hotel Utica Closing 4 hr Comets Welfare Stars 18
Fr. Felix Colosimo (Jan '14) 5 hr really 82
Dawn Catera lupi 5 hr No Show Job Fever 23
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 9 hr yes 53