ND or Proctor?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
teacher

Utica, NY

#47 Jan 3, 2013
Dana wrote:
I went to ND graduated in '98. I personally think you should send your child to ND. If Proctor is so great, why do the teachers with children (that I know) choose to move out of Utica so their children don't go there?
I definatley feel that ucsd needs more than one high school and more than 2 junior highs. Too many kids crammed into 1 high school. For example I believe Ucsd has 9 elementary schools if I counted correctly - 2 junior high and 1 high school. Maybe we should have another junior high and add another high school and Proctor wouldn't be so crowded. I think that's the biggest problem.
You are right about the need for TWO high schools..no doubt about that, but I have taught at Proctor for 36 years, and during that time, I can name MANY teachers who did not live in Utica, but enrolled their kids at Proctor..One teacher told me that New Hartford would be the last place she would send her 4 children, and all four have graduated from Proctor...3 in the top 10. Proctor is a great school, and for the size (almost 3,000 students), there is little to speak of in the way of fights, trouble, etc. one cannot even compare a school that size with their mix of all races and cultural diversity to other schools in the area.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lol

Syracuse, NY

#48 Jan 3, 2013
What culture shock? There is a very diverse culture at Nd. You have rich white kids poor white kids. There are blacks with money blacks without money there are peurto rican people there as well. There are Indian and several Viennese people. So whats the problem? Get off your people of color and different race need to be at Proctor kick. If anything people of different races should come to Notre Dame and prosper this would help with all the stereo typing that is done. Racism is very high at Proctor most of it is in the staff that runs the show. They don't let or wan't any of the blacks to succeed but yet its funny because you still get there support. There are a few families who have seen into the real pictur over there and never set foot into Proctor and that is only the begining every year there is more color at ND.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
taught a ND

Utica, NY

#49 Jan 3, 2013
lol wrote:
What culture shock? There is a very diverse culture at Nd. You have rich white kids poor white kids. There are blacks with money blacks without money there are peurto rican people there as well. There are Indian and several Viennese people. So whats the problem? Get off your people of color and different race need to be at Proctor kick. If anything people of different races should come to Notre Dame and prosper this would help with all the stereo typing that is done. Racism is very high at Proctor most of it is in the staff that runs the show. They don't let or wan't any of the blacks to succeed but yet its funny because you still get there support. There are a few families who have seen into the real pictur over there and never set foot into Proctor and that is only the begining every year there is more color at ND.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON with Proctor, absolutely NONE. You are comparing pennies to apricots. I KNOW. I taught there several years. YOU cannot come out of ND and go into the REAL world, the same way you would coming out of a heavily populated DIVERSE school! You are in for a RUDE AWAKENING!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
0h my gosh wow

Utica, NY

#50 Jan 3, 2013
lol wrote:
YOU, my dear little man/woman are SADLY misinformed! Racism IS NOT high at Proctor, it is in the mind of a 'very little person's mind' Namely YOU. Wherever YOU got you 'misnomer' info, I suggest that YOU start hanging out with/conversing with more intelligent people in the future.Proctor staff/students(particularly blacks) fair well together..It seems That YOU are the RACIST. Get a real life!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
wow

United States

#51 Jan 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot, of course they all aren't great... Just like all lawyers, dpw workers, police people etc aren't the same! U missed the point
I don't think I called you any names. Name calling just proves what kind of poor soul you are. I just hope with all my heart you are not a teacher.
Dana

Utica, NY

#52 Jan 3, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
No the problem is the parents of half these kids are not raising them the right way... It's not a school problem it's a society problem! You morons talk shit about the teachers in utica being the problem but in reality it's the kids w absentee parents! The teachers in utica should get a medal for doing a great job working w kids w so many problems! Some of these parents should be held responsible for how far behind academically their kids are.... It is their fault! Keep making stupid points and ill keep making u look stupid!
First of all I am far from stupid. Second, I never talked shit about teachers and I definatley did not say that they are the problem. You should read a persons response before quoting them wrong.
soooooooooo I take it

Utica, NY

#53 Jan 3, 2013
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am far from stupid. Second, I never talked shit about teachers and I definatley did not say that they are the problem. You should read a persons response before quoting them wrong.
"lol' and Dana are one and the same????
Both schools are a joke

United States

#54 Jan 3, 2013
taught a ND wrote:
<quoted text>There is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON with Proctor, absolutely NONE. You are comparing pennies to apricots. I KNOW. I taught there several years. YOU cannot come out of ND and go into the REAL world, the same way you would coming out of a heavily populated DIVERSE school! You are in for a RUDE AWAKENING!
They all "educate" potatoes and idiots. Nobody important or in the top of their craft ever graduated from any school in Central Mental New York. Wow comparing one failure hole to the other now LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sounds to me like

Utica, NY

#55 Jan 3, 2013
Both schools are a joke wrote:
<quoted text>They all "educate" potatoes and idiots. Nobody important or in the top of their craft ever graduated from any school in Central Mental New York. Wow comparing one failure hole to the other now LOL!
YOU are the joke. You must be one of those 'potatoes and idiots' because it takes ONE to know ONE! Our seven children went to Proctor. Out last one will graduate in 2015. I would do it all over. Four graduated with high honors, the other three were honor students. six out of the seven have finished or are soon to finish college. One is a trooper!.. I don't know much about ND, but Proctor has MY vote. By the way, we moved from New Hartford/Whitesboro area 23 years ago to Southeast Utica and LOVING it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dana

Utica, NY

#57 Jan 3, 2013
soooooooooo I take it wrote:
<quoted text>"lol' and Dana are one and the same????
What?
sounds to me like

Utica, NY

#58 Jan 3, 2013
Lol wrote:
7 children wtf!! Of course you went to proctor you have no choice. How about stop breeding and open your eyes.
You are an ignorant person. Our children DID have a choice. My husband is/was a doctor...deceased 2 years ago..Money is NO object. Two went to ND for a half semester and wanted OUT. We DID NOT breed..They were BORN OUT OF LOVE..You sound as if you were hatched!..IGNORANCE is BLISS...YOU must be so happy.
Parent

Camillus, NY

#59 Jan 3, 2013
taught a ND wrote:
<quoted text>There is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON with Proctor, absolutely NONE. You are comparing pennies to apricots. I KNOW. I taught there several years. YOU cannot come out of ND and go into the REAL world, the same way you would coming out of a heavily populated DIVERSE school! You are in for a RUDE AWAKENING!
Where I come from, the "REAL World" means get educated (or learn a trade), then get your ass off the couch and get to work. I'm not going to slam Proctor, but don't say that ND graduates don't know how to make their way in the real world. That statement is pure ignorance.
jocelyn

Utica, NY

#60 Jan 3, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I come from, the "REAL World" means get educated (or learn a trade), then get your ass off the couch and get to work. I'm not going to slam Proctor, but don't say that ND graduates don't know how to make their way in the real world. That statement is pure ignorance.
NOT ignorance...just someone's opinion, just as YOU gave YOURS! Perhaps, you interpreted "real world" wrong???
babylonian hanging garden

Utica, NY

#61 Jan 3, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
where did you come from? Mars, maybe
Wboro

Camillus, NY

#62 Jan 3, 2013
babylonian hanging garden wrote:
<quoted text>where did you come from? Mars, maybe
That's a deep statement. I'm not smart enough to understand it's meaning.
wowee

Utica, NY

#63 Jan 4, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't REALLY be a parent..You make no sense if that is your definition of 'real world'!
Wboro

Camillus, NY

#64 Jan 5, 2013
wowee wrote:
<quoted text>You can't REALLY be a parent..You make no sense if that is your definition of 'real world'!
So succeeding in the real world does'nt involve bettering yourself and going to work? What's your definition? Living off the state? SSI? Scoring disability payments? Unless your'e a Kennedy, the only way to achieve success is hard work.
whtsboro

Utica, NY

#65 Jan 5, 2013
Wboro wrote:
<quoted text>
So succeeding in the real world does'nt involve bettering yourself and going to work? What's your definition? Living off the state? SSI? Scoring disability payments? Unless your'e a Kennedy, the only way to achieve success is hard work.
you know an awful lot about living off the state...does the shoe fit?? or are you wearing it??
hah

Syracuse, NY

#66 Jan 6, 2013
proctor grads .....dave dallesandro....former c e o of john hancock on the national olymp. committee saved the boston marathon .......frank lentricia prof and author duke univ ...george luskco....secret service ..guarded 2 us presidents....these are just guys i know off the top of my head ......oh yeah ..my parents ...never became famous but tuaght me wrong from right ..to respect people for what they are not thier color or income and saved and did without so i could get an education

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of Paris Supervisor ? 3 min no way 1
carmen bossones mohawkst sausage business (Jan '12) 23 min fact 42
Forbes Ranks Utica-Rome Metro Area 32 min stat man 21
Looking for a lawyer 50 min Boogie 10
Made in Utica 54 min SociallySeviced 5
ucsd 1 hr Stars4 5
Power dam.... (Aug '10) 2 hr I remember 23
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 3 hr echo 67
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 5 hr nanito 42
Ocean Blue restaurat Tue Gaggy 23