ND or Proctor?
OMG

Albany, NY

#27 Jan 1, 2013
Emily Sinnott world class model has billboards in China, Hong Kong, Proctor grad, Kyo Oliver, Secret Service, Proctor grad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Kangaroo

Whitesboro, NY

#28 Jan 2, 2013
OMG wrote:
Emily Sinnott world class model has billboards in China, Hong Kong, Proctor grad, Kyo Oliver, Secret Service, Proctor grad.
Is this the creme of the crop? If so just take your kid out of school now and let them get started on their career at McDonalds. An unknown model and a cop. Wow, who could've imagined such success coming from Proctor HS?
heynd

Utica, NY

#29 Jan 2, 2013
As long as you are letting trash into ND high now, I will stay away. And you ND parents know who we are talking about. You have a bad azz parent there, Sister.
wow

East Syracuse, NY

#30 Jan 2, 2013
I went to Proctor from 84 to 87 and then to the dump UFA IN 88. 1988 IS THE FIRST YEAR OF CONSOLIDATION! Notre Dame kicked our ass every year! In the 70 and 60's to goose eggs! I don't know what the hell the person that started this thread is talking about but he sure didn't play for Proctor 20 years ago. Our best team was 1987 we were 4 and 2 and prob would have made it to the dome in 88. Guess what in 87 ND beat us 55 to 6! If I was raising kids they would never touch Proctor! Proctor was once a great school not no more!
Mike

Troy, NY

#31 Jan 2, 2013
You know, I graduated from Proctor back in 1975. It was a great school then. Unfortunately, for the Utica area, it has gone completely downhill. At one time I was proud to say I graduated from there. I am sad to say not anymore. My children all graduated from ND & I would never have had it any other way. All 3 went to college, two have moved on to grad school & the third is in his 3rd year of under-grad. ND is still the top-notch school to send your child to in this area. And all 3 played, succeeded, & had fun playing varsity sports.
ho ho ho

Carthage, NY

#32 Jan 2, 2013
JAZZ wrote:
Wow...all 30 of them...nd sucks...if you live in utica, proctor a no-brainer but if you can, get the hell out of utica, move to nh and send them there. New Hartford is the best by far for education.
we have three children at New Hartford at this time...DEFINITELY not the BEST, not for education, anyway...maybe for STATUS. that's about it!.. I can't wait til they are finished. 3 years to go.
justin

Carthage, NY

#33 Jan 2, 2013
Ian Hob wrote:
Could anyone cite one Proctor student who has done well? Not "Utica well" but seriously went on to become a Doctor or say, well known writer? Any musicians that more than 15% of the people you ask of will have ever heard of?
How many started Fortune 500s? Or work for one? Any film stars or production experts of note? I know there was a writer from Whitestown but beyond that and Annette Funicello.. you see what I mean.
Mull over that for a while.
apparently, you don't get around..Proctor had 4 students become doctors..from one class. class of '89.
jjacky

Carthage, NY

#34 Jan 2, 2013
Mike wrote:
You know, I graduated from Proctor back in 1975. It was a great school then. Unfortunately, for the Utica area, it has gone completely downhill. At one time I was proud to say I graduated from there. I am sad to say not anymore. My children all graduated from ND & I would never have had it any other way. All 3 went to college, two have moved on to grad school & the third is in his 3rd year of under-grad. ND is still the top-notch school to send your child to in this area. And all 3 played, succeeded, & had fun playing varsity sports.
I have 4 chidren at Proctor at the present time..One just transferred from Notre Dame.she wanted to go because her friends were there..Friends are about to transfer to Proctor. Our two oldest graduated from Proctor in 2008. Both honor students..one in NHS, One is a senior at Cornell and maintains a 3.9 average...The other attends St. John Fisher (junior)and is on Presidents list. Not so shabby...It is NOT the school..Home is where it starts, ALONG with parenting! Mull that around for a while.
lol

Worcester, MA

#35 Jan 2, 2013
jjacky wrote:
<quoted text>I have 4 chidren at Proctor at the present time..One just transferred from Notre Dame.she wanted to go because her friends were there..Friends are about to transfer to Proctor. Our two oldest graduated from Proctor in 2008. Both honor students..one in NHS, One is a senior at Cornell and maintains a 3.9 average...The other attends St. John Fisher (junior)and is on Presidents list. Not so shabby...It is NOT the school..Home is where it starts, ALONG with parenting! Mull that around for a while.
This person ^^^^^^ gets it! Save your money you would spend on Notre Dame and take some parenting classes instead!
m8 on

Bristol, CT

#36 Jan 2, 2013
Ian Hob wrote:
Could anyone cite one Proctor student who has done well? Not "Utica well" but seriously went on to become a Doctor or say, well known writer? Any musicians that more than 15% of the people you ask of will have ever heard of?
How many started Fortune 500s? Or work for one? Any film stars or production experts of note? I know there was a writer from Whitestown but beyond that and Annette Funicello.. you see what I mean.
Mull over that for a while.
ever heard of Will Smith? He plays for the saints. Anyone from ND in the NFL?
come on

United States

#37 Jan 2, 2013
So your saying that proctor is a better school because will smith is in the nfl ? The same guy arrested for beating his wife and the same guy fined and suspended for steroid use ???
lol

Utica, NY

#38 Jan 2, 2013
come on wrote:
So your saying that proctor is a better school because will smith is in the nfl ? The same guy arrested for beating his wife and the same guy fined and suspended for steroid use ???
How many yrs did Monsignor Sewell do unspeakable sexual things to Notre Dame students???? And you are worried about an NFL players conduct???? Typical nd double standard!
Dana

Herkimer, NY

#39 Jan 2, 2013
I went to ND graduated in '98. I personally think you should send your child to ND. If Proctor is so great, why do the teachers with children (that I know) choose to move out of Utica so their children don't go there?

I definatley feel that ucsd needs more than one high school and more than 2 junior highs. Too many kids crammed into 1 high school. For example I believe Ucsd has 9 elementary schools if I counted correctly - 2 junior high and 1 high school. Maybe we should have another junior high and add another high school and Proctor wouldn't be so crowded. I think that's the biggest problem.
lol

Utica, NY

#40 Jan 2, 2013
Dana wrote:
I went to ND graduated in '98. I personally think you should send your child to ND. If Proctor is so great, why do the teachers with children (that I know) choose to move out of Utica so their children don't go there?

I definatley feel that ucsd needs more than one high school and more than 2 junior highs. Too many kids crammed into 1 high school. For example I believe Ucsd has 9 elementary schools if I counted correctly - 2 junior high and 1 high school. Maybe we should have another junior high and add another high school and Proctor wouldn't be so crowded. I think that's the biggest problem.
No the problem is the parents of half these kids are not raising them the right way... It's not a school problem it's a society problem! You morons talk shit about the teachers in utica being the problem but in reality it's the kids w absentee parents! The teachers in utica should get a medal for doing a great job working w kids w so many problems! Some of these parents should be held responsible for how far behind academically their kids are.... It is their fault! Keep making stupid points and ill keep making u look stupid!

Level 2

Since: Mar 10

Utica, NY

#41 Jan 2, 2013
m8 on wrote:
<quoted text> ever heard of Will Smith? He plays for the saints. Anyone from ND in the NFL?
Ever hear of Mark Lemke? All star 2nd baseman for the Braves
wow

Utica, NY

#42 Jan 2, 2013
They are not all that great. Some of them that I know just don't give two cents about their students. You talk about them like they are national heroes or something.
wow

Utica, NY

#43 Jan 2, 2013
I personally wouldn't send my kids to Proctor or ND. Neither is good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lol

Utica, NY

#44 Jan 2, 2013
wow wrote:
They are not all that great. Some of them that I know just don't give two cents about their students. You talk about them like they are national heroes or something.
Hey idiot, of course they all aren't great... Just like all lawyers, dpw workers, police people etc aren't the same! U missed the point

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ummmm

East Syracuse, NY

#45 Jan 3, 2013
There is no VERSE! Notre Dame you get what you pay for a safe enviroment and a kid in college. 5 years straight 100 percent seniors graduated 100 percent went to college. I know of one that didn't finish college out of 400ish.
UMM

Carthage, NY

#46 Jan 3, 2013
ummmm wrote:
There is no VERSE! Notre Dame you get what you pay for a safe enviroment and a kid in college. 5 years straight 100 percent seniors graduated 100 percent went to college. I know of one that didn't finish college out of 400ish.
safe environment??? s#@t can happen ANYWHERE!!!!! get with the program.YOUR facts/figures?? are most definitely WRONG I taught there for 13 years..That's like saying "oh, my daughter was in the top 10 in her class" when there are only 21 kids graduating! Proctor would be my school of choice..your kids will learn what the real world is and will not be 'culture shocked' when they go into the REAL world. That is MY opinion. One can look at it so many different ways.. I teach in New Hartford now, last place I would send MY child!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Claudia just got my vote 6 min Dropped 35
Mvcc women's basketball 12 min Phil 66
Jeff rondeau 1 hr mmmmm 6
Utica Police Chief Mark Williams Investigated b... (Feb '17) 1 hr Curious 3
Claudia Tenney took how much money from the NRA? 1 hr Dropped 21
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 2 hr Trumps Army 450
Whitesboro Hoops 3 hr Stink 3
nhhs 9 hr Richie Cunningham 11
wager street utica, ny 10 hr CONFEDERATE1 23
Utica/Labella to court with Longo $100M (Sep '13) 13 hr Fact 48

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages