Unionville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I just moved back here from AZ . Lived here for over 20 years while growing up. Have kids now that are athletes. I know when I grew up ND was full of wimpy kids who played a bunch of nobody teams and bragged about how great they were and that they could beat proctor at everything! Lol. And there parents were the worst offenders of this BS! Just wondering if it is still like this or have they matured over time?? I don't want to be one of those people that has to pamper their kids and over exaggerated their useless minor scholastic achievements. I'm not sure where I'm going to enroll my kids yet.
.. ps I expect some whining from ND people, so I will filter that out! Thanks
wow

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

In the 60s and 70s and early 80s ND had dominate athletic programs being fueled by all the Catholic grammar schools with great discipline. Today's ND is certainly not even close to what it was because of finances
lol

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Und has passed it's time.... They play a class D football schedule! School itself is falling apart, enrollment is down and tuition is sky high. Athletic facilities are just horrible! This is no longer the place to go.... If you are a good parent, your kids are athletes and you live in utica you would be better off sending them to Proctor.... Save some money! Und has uncertified teachers teaching ap classes!
whodis

Unionville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

What the hell wrote:
Bro your a stupid idiot for even creating this post! I played for Proctor from 84 to 88 so if you are saying back in your day that Proctor was good and ND was a bunch of idiots that thought they were good your not from that era and your post is a lie!! Notre Dame used to beat us 60 to 7 every year piss pound the hell out of us!!! They also did the same thing for a decade before me to Proctor and yes all the Syracuse teams as well! Do your self a favor grow up and quit making stupid ass threads like this. You can't compare the two schools. If you want your kid to go to college than that's on you and your kid not the school.
wow! 4 years you spent at proctor? You must be very intelligent. Me and my friends only had to do 3 yrs there. What grade did you fail? You ND slurp hound.
Big an fat

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

whodis wrote:
I just moved back here from AZ . Lived here for over 20 years while growing up. Have kids now that are athletes. I know when I grew up ND was full of wimpy kids who played a bunch of nobody teams and bragged about how great they were and that they could beat proctor at everything! Lol. And there parents were the worst offenders of this BS! Just wondering if it is still like this or have they matured over time?? I don't want to be one of those people that has to pamper their kids and over exaggerated their useless minor scholastic achievements. I'm not sure where I'm going to enroll my kids yet.
.. ps I expect some whining from ND people, so I will filter that out! Thanks
send them to whitesboro they are the best around hands down .
steve

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I recommend ND. I went there, graduated '05 and didn't like it while I was going there but after going to college and getting a couple degree's, I feel the school really prepared me for higher education. I know several other kids who went to proctor, whitesboro, and new hartford.. Not trying to compare or make one person sound better then the other but I have a job making 50-60k a year right now out of college, all the kids I know from other high schools still work jobs making 8-12 bucks an hour.. Just sayin. Also I don't know if it is the school that makes that much of a difference, or the students themselves, I would imagine its a combination of the two.. If I had kids I would send them to ND in a heartbeat.
Linda

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

If you want your kids to grow up to be inmates and drug dealers then send them to Proctor. If you want your kids to grow up to get beat up by inmates and drug dealers send them to ND
m8 on

Unionville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Send them to proctor. At least proctor kids grow up and move on with their lives.ND kids finish high school and spend the rest of their adulthood trying to defend their high school. It's such a waste of time but its all they have to do when they get home from loading trucks at the walmart D.C.
lol

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

steve wrote:
I recommend ND. I went there, graduated '05 and didn't like it while I was going there but after going to college and getting a couple degree's, I feel the school really prepared me for higher education. I know several other kids who went to proctor, whitesboro, and new hartford.. Not trying to compare or make one person sound better then the other but I have a job making 50-60k a year right now out of college, all the kids I know from other high schools still work jobs making 8-12 bucks an hour.. Just sayin. Also I don't know if it is the school that makes that much of a difference, or the students themselves, I would imagine its a combination of the two.. If I had kids I would send them to ND in a heartbeat.
Yah ok buddy... Everybody but you is doing shitty and its def because of where you went to hs! This is the exact reason not to send your kids to that snob factory.... Btw, how many kids did you know from other hs???? 4???? Dork
Graduation Rate

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

NOTRE DAME GRADUATES 100% OF ITS STUDENTS. 0 KIDS DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. Pregnancy rate at PROCTOR IS 35% OF ALL GIRLS. Wonder what the rate of kids belong to GANGS? NOTRE DAME HAS 0 COPS WALKING THE HALLS. I just wonder what would go on if PROCTOR HAD 0 COPS. Really! ITS A NO BRAINER! IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CASH,,,,,, Go to the ND office and start the paperwork for financial aid.
JAZZ

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Wow...all 30 of them...nd sucks...if you live in utica, proctor a no-brainer but if you can, get the hell out of utica, move to nh and send them there. New Hartford is the best by far for education.
OMG

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Graduation Rate wrote:
NOTRE DAME GRADUATES 100% OF ITS STUDENTS. 0 KIDS DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. Pregnancy rate at PROCTOR IS 35% OF ALL GIRLS. Wonder what the rate of kids belong to GANGS? NOTRE DAME HAS 0 COPS WALKING THE HALLS. I just wonder what would go on if PROCTOR HAD 0 COPS. Really! ITS A NO BRAINER! IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CASH,,,,,, Go to the ND office and start the paperwork for financial aid.
. C' Mon man, compare the same demographics of the kids at Proctor to ND, you come up with the same numbers. And our kids have experienced what the real world is like.
Theres Cretin

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Linda wrote:
If you want your kids to grow up to be inmates and drug dealers then send them to Proctor. If you want your kids to grow up to get beat up by inmates and drug dealers send them to ND
It's a Cretin transexual penname again.....and then back to "LOL"....this "guy" never went to HS so what does "he" know? Nuttin', that's what.
dog

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

I experienced both schools, I would never send my child to ND. Proctor has more opportunity, diversity, and prepares your child for real life. The best school ok the area is whiteaboro, not as diverse bit still a good district. It's how a parent raises a child that will determine their future.
Bob

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

steve wrote:
I graduated in 2001 and I wouldn't send my worst enemy to that place. For the amount of money my parents spent on that shit hole I could of had college paid for. The teachers are idiots, the guidance counclers had the nerve to tell people in my class they wouldn't amount to anything, the principle was a moron & monseinor Sewell molested people. Save your money & send your kids to proctor.

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

ND is better than proctor. At least ND kids can read and understand they have to do something with their lives nobody's going to hand them much.
Yup

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>. C' Mon man, compare the same demographics of the kids at Proctor to ND, you come up with the same numbers. And our kids have experienced what the real world is like.
So the "real world" that you live in is populated by thugs, gangsters, and failures? Maybe that's what the world looks like if you graduated from Proctor because that's all that ghetto school prepared you for. In the world I live in, people work hard, value education and strive to excell in life and in their professions. Maybe you think your version is "real" but it's not the reality I would want for my kids.

“An excitable boy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

You aren't lying! I notice how bad they get bent out of shape anytime someone tells them what a freakshow the whole school system is in Utica it's a crying shame to see dysfunctional imbeciles churned out like that.

I guess a successful life for them is being illiterate and stuck home talking about how they have "secret clues" to the secret shootings our secret government is "causing" and citing Wikipedia and Youtube articles to support their non points.

Some of these people are every nice but most are paranoid idiots and painfully.. just painfully stupid.

“An excitable boy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Could anyone cite one Proctor student who has done well? Not "Utica well" but seriously went on to become a Doctor or say, well known writer? Any musicians that more than 15% of the people you ask of will have ever heard of?

How many started Fortune 500s? Or work for one? Any film stars or production experts of note? I know there was a writer from Whitestown but beyond that and Annette Funicello.. you see what I mean.

Mull over that for a while.
ralph leo

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Uncertified teachers are wicked awesome at teaching regents and ap classes! Why obtain a bachelors and a masters in teaching when you can teach without one.... Teaching certificates are def not necessary! You people are idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

232 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitesboro FD to take over 3 min What 4
black cat bar & grill (Jan '09) 33 min Stayce 43
UticaNY Wants Blacks to 'Move 2 Africa' Forgot ... 34 min need a friend 11
carla percia bs email 39 min Anon 18
CNY Cardiology 40 min Need heart doc 4
The "Summer of Rigge" needs to end 53 min so true 5
weathertite fence willy & bill law enforcement ... 1 hr busted by UPD 10
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 1 hr Truth 25
If Cuomo steps down over Moreland then what for... 1 hr so true 37