First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whodis

West Roxbury, MA

#1 Dec 30, 2012
I just moved back here from AZ . Lived here for over 20 years while growing up. Have kids now that are athletes. I know when I grew up ND was full of wimpy kids who played a bunch of nobody teams and bragged about how great they were and that they could beat proctor at everything! Lol. And there parents were the worst offenders of this BS! Just wondering if it is still like this or have they matured over time?? I don't want to be one of those people that has to pamper their kids and over exaggerated their useless minor scholastic achievements. I'm not sure where I'm going to enroll my kids yet.
.. ps I expect some whining from ND people, so I will filter that out! Thanks
wow

Lynn, MA

#2 Dec 30, 2012
In the 60s and 70s and early 80s ND had dominate athletic programs being fueled by all the Catholic grammar schools with great discipline. Today's ND is certainly not even close to what it was because of finances
lol

Utica, NY

#4 Dec 30, 2012
Und has passed it's time.... They play a class D football schedule! School itself is falling apart, enrollment is down and tuition is sky high. Athletic facilities are just horrible! This is no longer the place to go.... If you are a good parent, your kids are athletes and you live in utica you would be better off sending them to Proctor.... Save some money! Und has uncertified teachers teaching ap classes!
whodis

West Roxbury, MA

#5 Dec 30, 2012
What the hell wrote:
Bro your a stupid idiot for even creating this post! I played for Proctor from 84 to 88 so if you are saying back in your day that Proctor was good and ND was a bunch of idiots that thought they were good your not from that era and your post is a lie!! Notre Dame used to beat us 60 to 7 every year piss pound the hell out of us!!! They also did the same thing for a decade before me to Proctor and yes all the Syracuse teams as well! Do your self a favor grow up and quit making stupid ass threads like this. You can't compare the two schools. If you want your kid to go to college than that's on you and your kid not the school.
wow! 4 years you spent at proctor? You must be very intelligent. Me and my friends only had to do 3 yrs there. What grade did you fail? You ND slurp hound.
Big an fat

Utica, NY

#6 Dec 30, 2012
whodis wrote:
I just moved back here from AZ . Lived here for over 20 years while growing up. Have kids now that are athletes. I know when I grew up ND was full of wimpy kids who played a bunch of nobody teams and bragged about how great they were and that they could beat proctor at everything! Lol. And there parents were the worst offenders of this BS! Just wondering if it is still like this or have they matured over time?? I don't want to be one of those people that has to pamper their kids and over exaggerated their useless minor scholastic achievements. I'm not sure where I'm going to enroll my kids yet.
.. ps I expect some whining from ND people, so I will filter that out! Thanks
send them to whitesboro they are the best around hands down .
steve

Utica, NY

#7 Dec 30, 2012
I recommend ND. I went there, graduated '05 and didn't like it while I was going there but after going to college and getting a couple degree's, I feel the school really prepared me for higher education. I know several other kids who went to proctor, whitesboro, and new hartford.. Not trying to compare or make one person sound better then the other but I have a job making 50-60k a year right now out of college, all the kids I know from other high schools still work jobs making 8-12 bucks an hour.. Just sayin. Also I don't know if it is the school that makes that much of a difference, or the students themselves, I would imagine its a combination of the two.. If I had kids I would send them to ND in a heartbeat.
Linda

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 30, 2012
If you want your kids to grow up to be inmates and drug dealers then send them to Proctor. If you want your kids to grow up to get beat up by inmates and drug dealers send them to ND
m8 on

West Roxbury, MA

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Send them to proctor. At least proctor kids grow up and move on with their lives.ND kids finish high school and spend the rest of their adulthood trying to defend their high school. It's such a waste of time but its all they have to do when they get home from loading trucks at the walmart D.C.
lol

Utica, NY

#10 Dec 30, 2012
steve wrote:
I recommend ND. I went there, graduated '05 and didn't like it while I was going there but after going to college and getting a couple degree's, I feel the school really prepared me for higher education. I know several other kids who went to proctor, whitesboro, and new hartford.. Not trying to compare or make one person sound better then the other but I have a job making 50-60k a year right now out of college, all the kids I know from other high schools still work jobs making 8-12 bucks an hour.. Just sayin. Also I don't know if it is the school that makes that much of a difference, or the students themselves, I would imagine its a combination of the two.. If I had kids I would send them to ND in a heartbeat.
Yah ok buddy... Everybody but you is doing shitty and its def because of where you went to hs! This is the exact reason not to send your kids to that snob factory.... Btw, how many kids did you know from other hs???? 4???? Dork
Graduation Rate

Dracut, MA

#11 Dec 30, 2012
NOTRE DAME GRADUATES 100% OF ITS STUDENTS. 0 KIDS DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. Pregnancy rate at PROCTOR IS 35% OF ALL GIRLS. Wonder what the rate of kids belong to GANGS? NOTRE DAME HAS 0 COPS WALKING THE HALLS. I just wonder what would go on if PROCTOR HAD 0 COPS. Really! ITS A NO BRAINER! IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CASH,,,,,, Go to the ND office and start the paperwork for financial aid.
JAZZ

Utica, NY

#12 Dec 31, 2012
Wow...all 30 of them...nd sucks...if you live in utica, proctor a no-brainer but if you can, get the hell out of utica, move to nh and send them there. New Hartford is the best by far for education.
OMG

Springfield, MA

#13 Dec 31, 2012
Graduation Rate wrote:
NOTRE DAME GRADUATES 100% OF ITS STUDENTS. 0 KIDS DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. Pregnancy rate at PROCTOR IS 35% OF ALL GIRLS. Wonder what the rate of kids belong to GANGS? NOTRE DAME HAS 0 COPS WALKING THE HALLS. I just wonder what would go on if PROCTOR HAD 0 COPS. Really! ITS A NO BRAINER! IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CASH,,,,,, Go to the ND office and start the paperwork for financial aid.
. C' Mon man, compare the same demographics of the kids at Proctor to ND, you come up with the same numbers. And our kids have experienced what the real world is like.
Theres Cretin

New Hartford, NY

#14 Dec 31, 2012
Linda wrote:
If you want your kids to grow up to be inmates and drug dealers then send them to Proctor. If you want your kids to grow up to get beat up by inmates and drug dealers send them to ND
It's a Cretin transexual penname again.....and then back to "LOL"....this "guy" never went to HS so what does "he" know? Nuttin', that's what.
dog

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 31, 2012
I experienced both schools, I would never send my child to ND. Proctor has more opportunity, diversity, and prepares your child for real life. The best school ok the area is whiteaboro, not as diverse bit still a good district. It's how a parent raises a child that will determine their future.
Bob

Rome, NY

#16 Dec 31, 2012
steve wrote:
I recommend ND. I went there, graduated '05 and didn't like it while I was going there but after going to college and getting a couple degree's, I feel the school really prepared me for higher education. I know several other kids who went to proctor, whitesboro, and new hartford.. Not trying to compare or make one person sound better then the other but I have a job making 50-60k a year right now out of college, all the kids I know from other high schools still work jobs making 8-12 bucks an hour.. Just sayin. Also I don't know if it is the school that makes that much of a difference, or the students themselves, I would imagine its a combination of the two.. If I had kids I would send them to ND in a heartbeat.
I graduated in 2001 and I wouldn't send my worst enemy to that place. For the amount of money my parents spent on that shit hole I could of had college paid for. The teachers are idiots, the guidance counclers had the nerve to tell people in my class they wouldn't amount to anything, the principle was a moron & monseinor Sewell molested people. Save your money & send your kids to proctor.
Yup

Boston, MA

#18 Dec 31, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>. C' Mon man, compare the same demographics of the kids at Proctor to ND, you come up with the same numbers. And our kids have experienced what the real world is like.
So the "real world" that you live in is populated by thugs, gangsters, and failures? Maybe that's what the world looks like if you graduated from Proctor because that's all that ghetto school prepared you for. In the world I live in, people work hard, value education and strive to excell in life and in their professions. Maybe you think your version is "real" but it's not the reality I would want for my kids.
ralph leo

Utica, NY

#21 Dec 31, 2012
Uncertified teachers are wicked awesome at teaching regents and ap classes! Why obtain a bachelors and a masters in teaching when you can teach without one.... Teaching certificates are def not necessary! You people are idiots
Who

Whitesboro, NY

#22 Dec 31, 2012
Doesn't matter. As long as you are involved in your child's education. Be wary of those pro any high school. They missed out on something in their high school year to be so procative for any one high school in the area. As long as the parent stays involved it doesn't matter. All areas schools have their issues. So if you go to a school becuase you believe it is "better" it depends on where you are coming from. I've have great success stories from Utica, NY, Cinton, Whitesboro, etc. but an equal number of horror stories. So don't fool yourselves. If you are an involved parent your child will get a great education. If you aren't then you are in for trouble no matter where you child goes. Stop bashing area schools and preference. It all depends on perspective. Happy New Year.
Big an fat

Utica, NY

#24 Jan 1, 2013
Graduation Rate wrote:
NOTRE DAME GRADUATES 100% OF ITS STUDENTS. 0 KIDS DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. Pregnancy rate at PROCTOR IS 35% OF ALL GIRLS. Wonder what the rate of kids belong to GANGS? NOTRE DAME HAS 0 COPS WALKING THE HALLS. I just wonder what would go on if PROCTOR HAD 0 COPS. Really! ITS A NO BRAINER! IF YOU DONT HAVE THE CASH,,,,,, Go to the ND office and start the paperwork for financial aid.
you are wright an all the pregnancy is dum ass white girls haveing black baby's f,,king sick !!!!!
utica dad

United States

#26 Jan 1, 2013
Went to the open house....all of ND's teachers are indeed certified....I enrolled my 9th grade son. The financial aid, test scores and college scholarship money put it over the top.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aspen dental 14 min Angry Mom 16
Utica City Court 26 min Opinions 8
LIPUS tooth regrowth (Nov '09) 28 min dee 61
Kellie Kulesa (Sep '14) 2 hr scott kulesa 5
Why's Utica so depressing and economically deva... 2 hr Drunk Uticans 16
Utica people are disgusting 2 hr Drunk Uticans 2
Why does the Cretin have an azzzzhole full of c... 2 hr Drunk Uticans 16
All ELIAS posts deleted, what an idiot 3 hr Drunk Uticans 13
utica national (Jun '13) 8 hr OldieButGoodie 675
Worst places to work in Utica (Jul '13) 9 hr slapanut 13
News Wanted man Mark Rende arrested in Utica 10 hr About Time 6
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]