Republicans unable to learn
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SelfEvidentTruth Army

Springdale, AR

#41 Feb 24, 2013
"Defense of men Act"

Where's this one?
geo

West Hartford, CT

#42 Feb 25, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What truth are you wondering about?
Let me explain what I mean about Hitler similarities. I'm not talking Holocaust and anti-sematism. Germany was throttled in WWI and their sense of nationalism about destroyed. Hitler used that to his advantage. He was a powerful orator and gave speeches telling the German people all of the things they longed to hear like how they were great and about all of the great things they were entitled to. The 1929 stock market crash also aidied him. It happened in the US but it was a global depression. Hitler promised the sun, moon and stars in his pursuit of political power. Food, jobs, cars and all kinds of other goodies for everyone! They bit and the rest is history.
I think President Obama has achieved and maintained power by making promises to the less fortunate and by supporting the populist view of big business and the wealthy as villians.
There is a valid comparison between the politcal tactics that Hitler used and those that the current administration uses. Just because someone mentions Hitler does not automatically discount an opinion (Godwin's Law). It does not mean that I believe that Hitler and President Obama share a complete mindset. Obviously that isn't true. I can like the book "Atlas Shrugged" but that certainly doesn't mean that buy into everything that Ayn Rand believed or advocated for.
I think if we can't look to history for reference and make comparisons then we are doomed to make, allow to be made, the same mistakes over and over.
Really maybe you should read about your tea party leader.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-500857

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#43 Feb 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What truth are you wondering about?
Let me explain what I mean about Hitler similarities. I'm not talking Holocaust and anti-sematism. Germany was throttled in WWI and their sense of nationalism about destroyed. Hitler used that to his advantage. He was a powerful orator and gave speeches telling the German people all of the things they longed to hear like how they were great and about all of the great things they were entitled to. The 1929 stock market crash also aidied him. It happened in the US but it was a global depression. Hitler promised the sun, moon and stars in his pursuit of political power. Food, jobs, cars and all kinds of other goodies for everyone! They bit and the rest is history.
I think President Obama has achieved and maintained power by making promises to the less fortunate and by supporting the populist view of big business and the wealthy as villians.
There is a valid comparison between the politcal tactics that Hitler used and those that the current administration uses. Just because someone mentions Hitler does not automatically discount an opinion (Godwin's Law). It does not mean that I believe that Hitler and President Obama share a complete mindset. Obviously that isn't true. I can like the book "Atlas Shrugged" but that certainly doesn't mean that buy into everything that Ayn Rand believed or advocated for.
I think if we can't look to history for reference and make comparisons then we are doomed to make, allow to be made, the same mistakes over and over.
I like your take on the German response to the Great Depression, but have you considered the juxtaposition of Germany choosing Hitler to guide them out of it, and our choosing FDR? If you want to draw comparisons I would rethink, While Obama is certainly no FDR (sadly) he is absolutely no Hitler.
Truth

Utica, NY

#44 Feb 28, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>I like your take on the German response to the Great Depression, but have you considered the juxtaposition of Germany choosing Hitler to guide them out of it, and our choosing FDR? If you want to draw comparisons I would rethink, While Obama is certainly no FDR (sadly) he is absolutely no Hitler.
While they are not alike in all ways they share many of the same aspirations and have employed similar tactics to get their way. They have deomcratic socialism in common with both seeking to have more economic power and power over the culture.

Thank God President Obama isn't as powerful as FDR. It certainly isn't because he doesn't want to be.

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
While they are not alike in all ways they share many of the same aspirations and have employed similar tactics to get their way. They have deomcratic socialism in common with both seeking to have more economic power and power over the culture.
Thank God President Obama isn't as powerful as FDR. It certainly isn't because he doesn't want to be.
The term NAZI is the initials in German for National Socialist workers party. This was Hitlers blatant attempt to pander to all the dominant political movements in Germany at that time. The only part of the name that he was sincere about was the nationalist. To cast Hitler ads a Socialist is pure ignorance. As soon as he got in power he killed every socialist he could get his hands on. Going so far as to attack Moscow and slaughter socialists by the millions. In most times Obama would be considered to be a moderate Republican.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#46 Feb 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
While they are not alike in all ways they share many of the same aspirations and have employed similar tactics to get their way. They have deomcratic socialism in common with both seeking to have more economic power and power over the culture.
Thank God President Obama isn't as powerful as FDR. It certainly isn't because he doesn't want to be.
Could you please be more specific? Which of Hitler's aspirations are analogous to Obama's?

And what specifically do you not like about FDR? The 40 years of Middle Class Growth and prosperity as a result of his Policies? Or the fact that he was Elected 4 times?

Hitler was not a Democratic Socialist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Pizza Place fromally Masters Pizza 1 hr glad i tried 6
Uticas best "past" restaurant! (Sep '08) 2 hr Joy 190
Who is best woman doctor in area (Feb '13) 2 hr Joy 16
Ucp drivers 3 hr Funny 1
A third term for Obama 4 hr Killing this Country 10
I do NOT 'gotta getta Cooper Kia' 6 hr Do the jingle 2
fly a drone in my backyard 14 hr Utacannoli 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages