Republicans unable to learn

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#21 Feb 18, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>maybe being stupid is what is making you sad
You just read my mind. Can you think of a less dynamic screen name than "Stupid makes me sad?" What a buzz kill! These are the horrible sounds of an imbecilic political movement dying.
Stupid makes me sad

Little Falls, NY

#22 Feb 18, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>maybe being stupid is what is making you sad
No your continuing rants make me sad to see someone as stupid as you.
Stupid makes me sad

Little Falls, NY

#23 Feb 18, 2013
Ben Gleck wrote:
<quoted text> You just read my mind. Can you think of a less dynamic screen name than "Stupid makes me sad?" What a buzz kill! These are the horrible sounds of an imbecilic political movement dying.
Your just to stupid to understand

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24 Feb 19, 2013
Stupid makes me sad wrote:
<quoted text>Your just to stupid to understand
You don't understand me? I'll try using smaller words.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#25 Feb 20, 2013
Stupid makes me sad wrote:
<quoted text>No your continuing rants make me sad to see someone as stupid as you.
It seems to me, someone with your obvious intillectual prowess could be a bit more specific with regards to my posts, which part or parts do you find objectionable?

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26 Feb 20, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me, someone with your obvious intillectual prowess could be a bit more specific with regards to my posts, which part or parts do you find objectionable?
It's like arguing with an amoeba.
George

Little Falls, NY

#27 Feb 20, 2013
Ben Gleck wrote:
<quoted text> It's like arguing with an amoeba.
Now thats a fact

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#28 Feb 20, 2013
Gotta love the Hitler references. LOL

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#29 Feb 23, 2013
mike jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Godwins law applies to labeling someone a Nazi, not calling them Hitler or pointing out the fact that the same tactics were used. Ya know like Democrats have been doing since 9/11. It's called propaganda and is surely used today. As a matter of fact a bill recently passed that makes it legal for propaganda to be used against American citizens. Do you think they are using that to push a conservative agenda? I think not. I don't think there has been a conservative piece of legislation passed since 2001, yet you complain it is unfair that the progressive agenda is demonized.
Nice try Mikey.

Godwin’s Law is an internet adage that is derived from one of the earliest bits of Usenet wisdoms, which goes “if you mention Adolf Hitler or Nazis within a discussion thread, you’ve automatically ended whatever discussion you were taking part in.”

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#30 Feb 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't just discount a comment because I've used Hitler's name. The appropriate response would be to tell me how my opinion is wrong if I am. Historically, what part of what I said about Hitler's party affiliation and his strategy for rising to power is wrong? How does it differ from the strategy being used by the Obama administration and the left wing in Congress?
You response is just another popular tactic of the left. It does nothing but obscure the truth.
"Goodwin's Law" is not a universally held truth either. Just because one man, Mike Goodwin, said something does not make it so.
So? What's the problem? Too much truth for you to handle?
Dave

Little Falls, NY

#31 Feb 23, 2013
New law HR347 makes protesting a felony. Signed by the President. Free speach in protest is now a felony.
ZERO

Syracuse, NY

#32 Feb 23, 2013
Liberas are all sleaze,,, std ivested scummmm.... all facts look it up...... 90% of stds come from libtards......
Ben gleck

Great Barrington, MA

#33 Feb 23, 2013
ZERO wrote:
Liberas are all sleaze,,, std ivested scummmm.... all facts look it up...... 90% of stds come from libtards......
Your hatred will destroy you!

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#34 Feb 24, 2013
Dave wrote:
New law HR347 makes protesting a felony. Signed by the President. Free speach in protest is now a felony.
Calm down Dave, This is from the ACLU: These changes were apparently requested by The Secret Service.

It's important to note — contrary to some reports — that H.R. 347 doesn't create any new crimes, or directly apply to the Occupy protests. The bill slightly rewrites a short trespass law, originally passed in 1971 and amended a couple of times since, that covers areas subject to heightened Secret Service security measures.

These restricted areas include locations where individuals under Secret Service protection are temporarily located, and certain large special events like a presidential inauguration. They can also include large public events like the Super Bowl and the presidential nominating conventions (troublingly, the Department of Homeland Security has significant discretion in designating what qualifies as one of these special events).

The original statute, unchanged by H.R. 347,made certain conduct with respect to these restricted areas a crime, including simple trespass, actions in or near the restricted area that would "disrupt the orderly conduct of Government," and blocking the entrance or exit to the restricted area.
Freebie the Bean

Syracuse, NY

#35 Feb 24, 2013
Bodhisatva..wont you take me by the hand, can you show me the shine of your Japan, the sparkle in your China...can ya show me, bodhistava, bodhisatva,bodhisatva, bodhisatva, bodhisatva bodhisatva...look out..........

Steely Dan...1977
Dave

Little Falls, NY

#36 Feb 24, 2013
1.6 billion rounds of ammo bought and stored by our government. The most ammunition purchased in history without cause or explaination. That's what bothers me because as you mentioned Bod homeland security has a lot of discretion.
Banksy

United States

#37 Feb 24, 2013
Republicans will continue to move further and further to the right, alienating those in the middle. They continue to choose extreme positions which will cost them elections and funding.
Truth

Utica, NY

#38 Feb 24, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>So? What's the problem? Too much truth for you to handle?
What truth are you wondering about?

Let me explain what I mean about Hitler similarities. I'm not talking Holocaust and anti-sematism. Germany was throttled in WWI and their sense of nationalism about destroyed. Hitler used that to his advantage. He was a powerful orator and gave speeches telling the German people all of the things they longed to hear like how they were great and about all of the great things they were entitled to. The 1929 stock market crash also aidied him. It happened in the US but it was a global depression. Hitler promised the sun, moon and stars in his pursuit of political power. Food, jobs, cars and all kinds of other goodies for everyone! They bit and the rest is history.

I think President Obama has achieved and maintained power by making promises to the less fortunate and by supporting the populist view of big business and the wealthy as villians.

There is a valid comparison between the politcal tactics that Hitler used and those that the current administration uses. Just because someone mentions Hitler does not automatically discount an opinion (Godwin's Law). It does not mean that I believe that Hitler and President Obama share a complete mindset. Obviously that isn't true. I can like the book "Atlas Shrugged" but that certainly doesn't mean that buy into everything that Ayn Rand believed or advocated for.

I think if we can't look to history for reference and make comparisons then we are doomed to make, allow to be made, the same mistakes over and over.
Anonymous

Whitesboro, NY

#39 Feb 24, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
Mitch McTurtle setting precedent in the Senate by filibustering a Cabinet Nominee.
The Republican "savior" Marco Rubio gives State of the Union response to a speech the President didn't give, basically laying out all the positions Romney just lost on.
22 Republican Senators(including Rubio) vote NO on the Defense of Women Act.
Wow, they REALLY learned NOTHING from the election.
No matter how many times fools like you say it it's still not true...and it's the perfect tool to block an idiot like hagek and it should have been used to block Kerry too...friggin republican wimps...they ran a r.i.n.o. thats why they lost and your right...they don't seem to be able to learn...because they're gonna run another one against Hillary and they'll lose again...true conservatives will not vote for a r.i.n.o...simple as that...I refuse to vote for a r.i.n.o. that the lib media picks...

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#40 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What truth are you wondering about?
Let me explain what I mean about Hitler similarities. I'm not talking Holocaust and anti-sematism. Germany was throttled in WWI and their sense of nationalism about destroyed. Hitler used that to his advantage. He was a powerful orator and gave speeches telling the German people all of the things they longed to hear like how they were great and about all of the great things they were entitled to. The 1929 stock market crash also aidied him. It happened in the US but it was a global depression. Hitler promised the sun, moon and stars in his pursuit of political power. Food, jobs, cars and all kinds of other goodies for everyone! They bit and the rest is history.
I think President Obama has achieved and maintained power by making promises to the less fortunate and by supporting the populist view of big business and the wealthy as villians.
There is a valid comparison between the politcal tactics that Hitler used and those that the current administration uses. Just because someone mentions Hitler does not automatically discount an opinion (Godwin's Law). It does not mean that I believe that Hitler and President Obama share a complete mindset. Obviously that isn't true. I can like the book "Atlas Shrugged" but that certainly doesn't mean that buy into everything that Ayn Rand believed or advocated for.
I think if we can't look to history for reference and make comparisons then we are doomed to make, allow to be made, the same mistakes over and over.
This is silly. Every President who has served for at least the last 100 years has employed the same, or similar tactics you describe here. It's called "rhetoric." Remember "Morning in America"? Ever hear of the principal of "American Exceptionalism"? Have you seen any States of the Union Addresses other than Obama's?

And you exaggerate Obama's demonization of big business as well as "promises" he's made. By and large, he has called for "shared sacrifice", which in practice, means rich oligarchs keep 99.99% of the gargantuan amounts of wealth they've amassed, while middle class and poor people suffer through a continuing downward pressure on their incomes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Basher Ridiculed on Topix 9 min Petra Grandis 40
New Hartford is the new East Utica! 36 min Dedicated Website 42
What's With MJV and MJS 38 min MARIOPUSS E FAIL 2
Utica comets season tickets 38 min Comet facts 18
Bad neighbor (Oct '16) 1 hr Paying customerBB... 10
does joe hobiaca 123credit restoration really w... 1 hr amy 2
Pete parkway pizza 1 hr BBW Lover 4
Cover up at OCJ 3 hr SHAZAM 23
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 3 hr Brad 751
Why always destroying! 4 hr And this 37
Prostitution bust 6 hr Jack Benny 89

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages